Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default Humanoid's H1! New Superhero Universe in 2019!

https://www.newsarama.com/42215-cass...humanoids.html

Looks like Humanoid Comics is starting a new Superhero Universe, after having Mark Waid join them! I think these titles sound interesting. Omni sounds like it would be a go to pull of mine, but the main title sounds great too.

I love that indies are making new universes! Lion Forge is making an amazing one and now Humanoid! (Now is the time for Dark Horse to try theirs again haha).

Edit: Just noticed that the mini series are self contained, and not connected, my bad. Edited to reflect that.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Here are the images and info for the main three titles!

IGNITED

Something strange is happening to the planet… Nature itself is reshaping and redefining the balance of power. Natural disasters are breaking out everywhere, and yet, the population continues to grow rapidly. In fact, the world is becoming so dense, that certain individuals are erupting with super abilities. They are called the Ignited.

OMNI

A gifted doctor with a vibrant, compassionate personality, Cecelia Cobbina received boundless praise from her peers and her patients. But that was before the incident in Africa. Before she gained the ability to think faster than the speed of light. Overwhelmed with the power to answer every question, she must now overcome her own fears and tackle the one code she can’t seem to break: the truth behind the Ignited.

STRANGELANDS

Opposites attract? Elakshi and Adam Land aren’t married. In fact, a month ago, they were perfect strangers, dwelling in lands foreign to one another. But now, they’re forced to remain by one another’s side, for their separation could mean the planet’s demise. Now, their greatest challenge is to stay together — even if they have to tear the world apart.

Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-05-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Pulls:

Interesting Ignited reminds me of Harbinger in a way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Interesting Ignited reminds me of Harbinger in a way lol.
    Yeah, I definitely see some similarities between them. Reminds me of the start of the new VU in 2012. I love New Superhero lines, just most of them fail. Valiant is a successful one, and Catalyst Prime seems to be going great. I'm hoping H1 will do well, as well.
    Pulls:

Interview with Mark Waid on SyfyWire about his role in Humanoids.

Omni looks really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Interview with Mark Waid on SyfyWire about his role in Humanoids.
    Thanks for finding this! Can't wait to learn more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Omni looks really interesting
    Agreed! Seems like a title I would pull from any company. Can't wait to see who the artist is!
    Pulls:

It reminds me of Catalyst prime which could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It reminds me of Catalyst prime which could be a problem.
    Why is that a problem? That's awesome. CPU is going great! They sent that close. Other then being a new superhero universe haha.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Why is that a problem? That's awesome. CPU is going great! They sent that close. Other then being a new superhero universe haha.
    People would be quick to judge it, calling it a ripoff as they are known for. Sometimes familiarity breeds contempt especially amongst cynics.

I myself am curious on how Humanoids pans out.

Hey! So check this out, they will be having a premiere issue on FCBD 2019!

H1 IGNITION — FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2019
    Humanoids

(W) Mark Waid, Kwanza Osajefyo,, Carla Speed McNeil (A) Philippe Briones (CA) Yanick Paquette

The new Humanoids H1 Universe starts here! Don't miss the introduction to this exciting imprint with an original story brought to you by Mark Waid, Kwanza Osajefyo, Yanick Paquette, Carla Speed McNeil and Phil Briones. Plus: a sneak peek at the first six original series: Ignited, Omni, Strangelands, The Big Country, Meyer, and Nicnevin & The Bloody Queen. Explosive cover by Yanick Paquette!
    Rating: All-Ages
    Make sure to pick yours up! I can't wait!
    Pulls:

. . . I love New Superhero lines, just most of them fail . . .
    Which is why I tend to avoid them these days.

I've become interested in too many "new superhero lines" in the past (mainly in the 1970s - 1990s) that just either failed outright or became so infrequently published that I no longer could follow / enjoy / care about them.
    I'd rather wait until they can sustain themselves for a while first (maybe even issuing a tpb collection or two) before I want to invest my time / my $'s in them these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which is why I tend to avoid them these days.

I've become interested in too many "new superhero lines" in the past (mainly in the 1970s - 1990s) that just either failed outright or became so infrequently published that I no longer could follow / enjoy / care about them.
    I'd rather wait until they can sustain themselves for a while first (maybe even issuing a tpb collection or two) before I want to invest my time / my $'s in them these days.
    I get it, personally I will always support new lines, if they sound interesting. Even if they fail, at least I tried to help them haha, and I got some good stories while I was at it. Just like Catalyst Prime, H1 seems really interesting and I'm all in. But I understand that some people want to wait to see if they will stick around.
    Pulls:

I'll probably give the FCBD issue a shot and see what stands out.

Ultimate Member

I get it, personally I will always support new lines, if they sound interesting. Even if they fail, at least I tried to help them haha, and I got some good stories while I was at it. Just like Catalyst Prime, H1 seems really interesting and I'm all in. But I understand that some people want to wait to see if they will stick around.
    Even if it doesn't last-it's nice to see folks step and try something versus some of the antics of others.

At a time where folks are WILLING to try new things-why not jump in?