Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Was Cleopatra a hottie?
    Not if one goes by the coins of her era. She had one serious schnoz!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Me too, sorta (moreso the late-60s though), but I think my window for this came and went. I was too young the first time (5 yrs old in 1970), and now I'm too old to really enjoy it.
    I'm the same age as you, so I know how you feel. The closest thing to "The Sixties" I experienced back then was watching Laugh-In as a preschooler.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Probably about 25-28 years ago. See what live was like in the early 90's, late 80's I guess.
    Your not missing much really. Kinda a meh era.

To contribute, I'd want to be in London 1966 when Jimi Hendrix hits London like a freight train & puts Eric Clapton on notice that he is indeed not God.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 10-17-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Retired

Midday, January 30 1969, 3 Savile Row, London, UK, coordinates 51°30′37.48″N 0°8′23.13″W, Beatles rooftop concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Midday, January 30 1969, 3 Savile Row, London, UK, coordinates 51°30′37.48″N 0°8′23.13″W, Beatles rooftop concert.
    Good one. There are some others, like Hamburg or The Cavern, Liverpool, for Ringo's first gig with them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anytime before 700 CE or after 1973-ish.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

What the heck. I'll go back in time and kill Hitler. Just pop me into the room about 50 feet away with a bazooka
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    What the heck. I'll go back in time and kill Hitler. Just pop me into the room about 50 feet away with a bazooka
    I like the idea of kicking his dad in the balls so hard & often that he can't reproduce even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I like the idea of kicking his dad in the balls so hard & often that he can't reproduce even better.
    I wonder what would happen if prior to The Great War you were able to show him (as a youth) and other leaders, during the decade leading up, the ultimate outcome (and have them believe you) if they'd have made efforts to avoid it on all sides.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder what would happen if prior to The Great War you were able to show him (as a youth) and other leaders, during the decade leading up, the ultimate outcome (and have them believe you) if they'd have made efforts to avoid it on all sides.
    I doubt it, they would try to use the information to win. I would not trust them to do the right thing.

What if you showed leaders that without any doubt, humans were changing the climate so much that there would be devastating consequences in the very near future? Would they act? Well "our leader" just double downed on coal, one of the leading causes of climate change and he is trying to kill the alternative energy industry. So no, I don't think they would stop it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I doubt it, they would try to use the information to win. I would not trust them to do the right thing.

What if you showed leaders that without any doubt, humans were changing the climate so much that there would be devastating consequences in the very near future? Would they act? Well "our leader" just double downed on coal, one of the leading causes of climate change and he is trying to kill the alternative energy industry. So no, I don't think they would stop it.
    After I posted that I thought about when Key and Peele went back in time to try and show the founding fathers the consequence of the second amendment.

Bigger lasers, y'all.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Your not missing much really. Kinda a meh era.

To contribute, I'd want to be in London 1966 when Jimi Hendrix hits London like a freight train & puts Eric Clapton on notice that he is indeed not God.
    I know but a lot of pop culture stuff I wanna see as an older person.

That could be effective, but if you are doing this by peaceful means then you'd really have to go back and prevent the outcome of WWI, which was so punitive on Germany, and the Great Depression.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That could be effective, but if you are doing this by peaceful means then you'd really have to go back and prevent the outcome of WWI, which was so punitive on Germany, and the Great Depression.
    Yeah, I meant go back to the decade leading up to the Great War.

Basically show them the human cost of that war and how it shaped the next 40 years. Somehow I guess you'd want to give this information without getting into specific details of strategy and tactics involved in the actual war though.

Part of the problem was the belief that it could be won quickly, along with deploying "modern" weaponry to people using outdated tactics. I'd like to show them, no it can't be won quickly, and it's going to basically destroy all of you and then lead to some of the worst human suffering imaginable decades later.
    Pull List:

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, I meant go back to the decade leading up to the Great War.

Basically show them the human cost of that war and how it shaped the next 40 years. Somehow I guess you'd want to give this information without getting into specific details of strategy and tactics involved in the actual war though.

Part of the problem was the belief that it could be won quickly, along with deploying "modern" weaponry to people using outdated tactics. I'd like to show them, no it can't be won quickly, and it's going to basically destroy all of you and then lead to some of the worst human suffering imaginable decades later.
    I'm not sure you could have gotten the leaders of the time to actually believe the sheer scale of the carnage, and the depth of consequence that resulted. Their nations had observers watching The US Civil War, which should have taught them what happens when you mix Last Century's Tactics with This Century's Killing Innovations, but they missed it.