Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

If Katar is now a reincarnation of Khufu, I would think Shayera would now be part of the reincarnation cycle too, so I'm curious how she fits into things now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Katar is now a reincarnation of Khufu, I would think Shayera would now be part of the reincarnation cycle too, so I'm curious how she fits into things now.
    The solicits mention a connection between Kendra and Shayera, and last issue of Hawkman established they reincarnate nonlinearly so it's possible two incarnations of one of them could be running around at the same time. so basically

Hawkman: "**** which version of my Wife do I want to be with?"

another possibility if they want to go JLU they could pair up Shayera with John and just keep Kendra with Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

another possibility if they want to go JLU they could pair up Shayera with John and just keep Kendra with Carter.
    I actually wonder whether Kendra be swapped from the Justice League for Shayera

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I actually wonder whether Kendra be swapped from the Justice League for Shayera
    possibly, or they could both be on the team at the same time, or Shayera might get her own Maxi series or something exploring the more sci-fi Hawk stuff as I think she'd sell better than Kendra solo but they wouldn't do 2 Hawk ongoings. If Shayera does take the JL Hawk spot I expect Kendra to become full time co-star on Hawkman though, could even change the title to Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

on a side note Jim Cheung actually teased this a few days ago with

https://www.instagram.com/p/BozTXuwA...y=jimcheungart

this instagram post, posted out of context 5 days ago but tagged Justice League so I have to imagine this is from one of Shayera's debut issues, surprisingly much more of a pre-crisis look than Hawkworld look for her if this is indeed pencils from those issues.
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-15-2018 at 09:35 PM.

possibly, or they could both be on the team at the same time, or Shayera might get her own Maxi series or something exploring the more sci-fi Hawk stuff as I think she'd sell better than Kendra solo but they wouldn't do 2 Hawk ongoings. If Shayera does take the JL Hawk spot I expect Kendra to become full time co-star on Hawkman though, could even change the title to Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

this instagram post, posted out of context 5 days ago but tagged Justice League so I have to imagine this is from one of Shayera's debut issues, surprisingly much more of a pre-crisis look than Hawkworld look for her if this is indeed pencils from those issues.
    I didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing that.

The solicits mention a connection between Kendra and Shayera, and last issue of Hawkman established they reincarnate nonlinearly so it's possible two incarnations of one of them could be running around at the same time. so basically

I think they may be leaning toward Kendra being the one to not be with Carter. I may be wrong but in Metal I don't think Kendra ever implicitly refers to her relationship with Carter as romantic. I could be looking into it too much though.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think they may be leaning toward Kendra being the one to not be with Carter. I may be wrong but in Metal I don't think Kendra ever implicitly refers to her relationship with Carter as romantic. I could be looking into it too much though.
    I mean Kendra seemed to have full memory of her life as Shiera in Metal and was deeply concerned with saving Carter in the last issue or so, but that could be an interesting twist on the current Hawk situation.

Outside Shiera Kendra is the Hawkgirl most asscoiated with Carter, so I'm not really sure why they'd do that.

Heck, if Shayera is around she'd make more sense to pair with John for the cartoon synergy that has people expecting Kendra and John will hook up.

Yeah, that looks more like Shiera then Post-Crisis Shayera.

Man, the Hawkwomen are starting to get as hard to keep track of as the Hawkmen .

Spectacular Member

Outside Shiera Kendra is the Hawkgirl most asscoiated with Carter, so I'm not really sure why they'd do that.

Heck, if Shayera is around she'd make more sense to pair with John for the cartoon synergy that has people expecting Kendra and John will hook up.

Man, the Hawkwomen are starting to get as hard to keep track of as the Hawkmen .
    IT'S HAWK TRADITION!!!! Gotta keep up the confusion!!!!

But yeah Kendra is far more tied to Carter than Shayera is and Synder is really obviously inspired heavily by JL/U in his run so if Shayera gets with someone I expect it will be John.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the two co-existing versions thing is kinda necessary to explain Katar Hol being Hawkman in current continuity (whatever it is) just before Carter returned.

It does beg the question though - which version of Katar is currently canonical? And are the reincarnations across time and space only in the current version of the DCU - or are they also across different timelines? For instance, does Carter have a past life as Hawkworld Katar AND as Silver Age Katar? Or did he have one life as Katar but the timeline alterations changed that life?

Boisterously Confused

[QUOTE=Mojo;3968513]The solicits mention a connection between Kendra and Shayera, and last issue of Hawkman established they reincarnate nonlinearly so it's possible two incarnations of one of them could be running around at the same time...[/QUOTE
    IT'S HAWK TRADITION!!!! Gotta keep up the confusion!!!!
    That is one thing about DC I don't get: After watching both the Flash and GL fan-bases veritably Balkanize, why in Divinity's Name would they want to walk yet more characters down that path?

smh

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    The recent solicits confirmed the introduction of Shayera, so itt was indeed a transcribing error.
    Yeah. I really wish people--especially those writing for comic book news sites--would verify the spelling for stuff like this, because it really does matter.

What I'd like to know is what's in and out of continuity now. Hawkworld Shayera was featured in Hawkman already, so I just assumed her death in Rann-Thanagar War was still standing. Now I'm not so sure. Is this still Hawkworld Shayera, back from the dead, or a new Shayera entirely? Or have DC just decided to retcon her death altogether?

For the record, the last option is my preference, as I've always thought it was a huge mistake to kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, the two co-existing versions thing is kinda necessary to explain Katar Hol being Hawkman in current continuity (whatever it is) just before Carter returned.

It does beg the question though - which version of Katar is currently canonical? And are the reincarnations across time and space only in the current version of the DCU - or are they also across different timelines? For instance, does Carter have a past life as Hawkworld Katar AND as Silver Age Katar? Or did he have one life as Katar but the timeline alterations changed that life?
    Currently, I'm taking the whole "reincarnating across time and space" angle as extending to alternate universes, too. So I think Carter may indeed remember his lives as both Silver Age and Hawkworld Katar.

Concerning this topic in general: I don't feel very comfortable pairing Kendra or Shayera off with anyone before we even know the details of what's coming. While I do readily admit that I want Hawkman and Hawkgirl to ultimately wind up together, I also don't like the idea of saying "this one should be with Carter and this one should be with John."

One of the things I've always enjoyed about Hawkgirl is that she's never really been a prop for Hawkman. Even in the Silver Age, she was far more independent than most female co-stars were in those days, in or out of costume. Hawkman and Hawkgirl will always be a tandem in my mind, with Hawkman "belonging" (for lack of a better term) to Hawkgirl as much she belongs to him. They're a package deal, in other words.

But if we're going to have both Kendra and Shayera flying around, I think at least one of them should be able to stand on her own two feet. Not to say that precludes John from the picture entirely, but I don't know if it should automatically be a given in the same way that Hawkman and Hawkgirl are.

Should be interesting to see what happens, though. And however it shakes out, I'm elated the idea of Shayera coming back. Again, I never thought they should have killed her off.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

Currently, I'm taking the whole "reincarnating across time and space" angle as extending to alternate universes, too. So I think Carter may indeed remember his lives as both Silver Age and Hawkworld Katar.
    That would be a pretty intriguing idea.

Does that mean Carter could potentially remember working alongside the Golden Age Superman in the JSA during WW2? Or remember being a member of the classic Silver Age JLA?

I wonder if that would give him some insight into all the timey-wimey sheningans that Doc Manhattan has been up to.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That would be a pretty intriguing idea.

Does that mean Carter could potentially remember working alongside the Golden Age Superman in the JSA during WW2? Or remember being a member of the classic Silver Age JLA?

I wonder if that would give him some insight into all the timey-wimey sheningans that Doc Manhattan has been up to.
    That would be an interesting way to handle this situation. If Carter/Katar and Kendra/Shayera are reincarnating across time and space throughout the entire Multiverse, that would include the DCAU Earth of Batman Beyond, which has a JLU with Shayera & John's son.

Extraordinary Member

Carter.....John.....sorry guys....but Chuck Taine is still the top stud of the DC Universe.....depending on Legion Continuity.