Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Avengers #9 Spoilers and Review

WORLD WAR BELOW! With the underwater world on the brink of war, the Avengers go aquatic to save the day, but air-breathers are no longer welcome in the undersea city of Atlantis. And Namor, the Sub-Mariner, lord of the seven seas, has a bold new plan that will change the balance of power on Earth forever.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-avengers-9-2/

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member

Why does Namor look like Loki? Am I the only one who thinks that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I really dislike the look of his hair

Just doesn't look right for namor imo

That aside

very brutal take down of ray

Always liked stingray so bit down about that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I prefer he rather looks like Nate Grey instead of Loki imo and u are not the only who would think of that . He looks entirely different than his usual looks that was shown on X-Red

His eyes are creepy.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

so did Tony create Cap's underwater armor? presumably with some type of propulsion power.

(She)-Hulk doesn't know how to swim? She's "leaping" through the water?

Ghost Rider's flames are purely mystical, then? the water around him isn't boiling hot?

what was SubMariner's last appearance?

When did Tiger Shark become more of a were-shark in appearance? last I remember he simply looked human, but had sharp teeth.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cool preview.
    But i was not expecting that Namor would be so vicious against another Avenger,even Tiger Shark was stunned with the way Namor handled Stingray!

I’m good with Namor v The Avengers... kinda classic. Marquez is under utilized imo. Like his style here. Feeling optimistic my Avengers are on the upswing. Feeling a little Busiek vibe here.

siiiiiiiigh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I prefer he rather looks like Nate Grey instead of Loki imo and u are not the only who would think of that . He looks entirely different than his usual looks that was shown on X-Red
    Yeah, it's not like Namor hasn't been around for a while. And it's not just the hair or the eyes, it's that he's drawn so...pretty? Delicate?

Now to be fair, Namor is basically one of the original Pretty Guys in comics, so this isn't that new, but it's been taken up to 11 here.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Cool preview.
    But i was not expecting that Namor would be so vicious against another Avenger,even Tiger Shark was stunned with the way Namor handled Stingray!
    Sort of felt bad for Tiger Shark on this one.

Poor Stingray. It sucks being on obscure/minor Avenger who writers can feel free to kill off .

I think Stingray being married was established before, but I don't think it was mentioned that it was Tiger Shark's sister. Will she take up a costume to avenge him ?

I guess it's that time of year to ask "What set Namor off this time?" Although even by Namor standards what he did to Stingray is a pretty low blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ghost Rider's flames are purely mystical, then? the water around him isn't boiling hot?
    That's the only reason I can think of as to why they would even bother bringing him along.
    When did Tiger Shark become more of a were-shark in appearance? last I remember he simply looked human, but had sharp teeth.
    He looks like he did in the Avengers: Black Panther's Quest cartoon, though still wearing his comic costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Stingray. It sucks being on obscure/minor Avenger who writers can feel free to kill off .

I think Stingray being married was established before, but I don't think it was mentioned that it was Tiger Shark's sister. Will she take up a costume to avenge him ?

I guess it's that time of year to ask "What set Namor off this time?" Although even by Namor standards what he did to Stingray is a pretty low blow.

That's the only reason I can think of as to why they would even bother bringing him along.

He looks like he did in the Avengers: Black Panther's Quest cartoon, though still wearing his comic costume.
    Yeah, Diane Arliss was a supporting character in the 1968 Sub-Mariner series. Dr. Dorcas experimented on her brother Todd, turning him into Tiger Shark. Walter Newell was introduced a little later, and became Stingray in #19. Diane and he met because of their mutual friendship with Namor, and soon became a couple. I loved that old series, and was excited when I clicked on this thread because it mentioned Stingray, pretty much my favorite character. Kind of upset now though lol!

Once again, Aaron kills off another obscure hero but unless this one has a movie coming out, I do think this one will stick.

Also, looks like Namor is in a mood since will stick to Invaders.