Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Namor has done as bad to wakanda and nyc not that atlantis deserves to be attacked but namor does put a bullseye on them.
    Last edited by pageturner; 10-11-2018 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Can someone enlighten me who all those members of the Defenders of the Deep are? I must admit, I'm surprised Namora, Namorita and Crosta were left out.

Also, did anyone see this?
    https://twitter.com/DoYouEvenComic/s...07645031145474
    avengers 700.jpg

Surely Beta Ray Bill & Nova are off-limits due to GotG and Champions. I can't see the X-Office giving up Nightcrawler or Rogue. And I'd hope they weren't foolish enough to put Doop or Howard the Duck on the Avengers. That leaves Ares, Black Widow, Deadpool & Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Can someone enlighten me who all those members of the Defenders of the Deep are? I must admit, I'm surprised Namora, Namorita and Crosta were left out.

avengers 700.jpg

Surely Beta Ray Bill & Nova are off-limits due to GotG and Champions. I can't see the X-Office giving up Nightcrawler or Rogue. And I'd hope they weren't foolish enough to put Doop or Howard the Duck on the Avengers. That leaves Ares, Black Widow, Deadpool & Blade.
    like this cover reminds me of the one that brought She Hulk into the fold. Rogue could join prime team for a bit. After running the Unity team she would have support.

BW seems like she is off on darker biz. Ares VS Namor could be fun.

avengers 700.jpg

I wouldn't entirely eliminate Rogue from consideration since she had a fairly good run as an Avenger fairly recently.

But yeah, she's not likely.

Black Widow is the easiest choice. Deadpool might be the best fit if they want an A list team.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    like this cover reminds me of the one that brought She Hulk into the fold. Rogue could join prime team for a bit. After running the Unity team she would have support.

BW seems like she is off on darker biz. Ares VS Namor could be fun.
    I was always a big fan of those Avenger recruitment drive issues. So I'm definately looking foreward to this.

I mean, the sixth slot is temporary so I doubt it'll matter past the next arc, but I think out of all of them Ares and Widow are probably the most likely.

I wish it would be Ares but my gut tells me Howard

avengers 700.jpg

Lonewolf posted the characters on the other page. Namor, Andromeda, Tiger Shark, Orka, Echnidna and possibly Salamar the Something, with one completely un identified.

I doubt that's all the options. A few pages back was a promo teasing Ursa Major.

Come on everyone, read the subtext!

Namor killed a guy we would usually consider his ally, then recruited a villain he hates. That’s clearly a comment on him not making rational choices.

Then he fights the Avengers with no real provocation, usually this is the kind of thing that is based on a misunderstanding but not here.

Then Namor scared the kids away, hmm that’s a comment on him perhaps going too far?

Then the kids walk onto the land and die and instead of blaming himself Namor gets even more angry at the landlovers! This is double underlining that he is projecting his own misguided anger onto other people.

Then he goes against his word and flat out murders the prisoners he has handed over. Dishonour is not a trait many of us would associate with Namor.

Namor is not himself. He is defaulting to an archetype in a book that is clearly about archetypes, where some other characters are also doing the same.

avengers 700.jpg

If you notice, only 2 of the pics are gals. Of the Avengers group's current makeup, of the 8, only 2 are gals. IMO, it would seem the opening would be filled by a gal. Black Widow would be the likely choice, given the movies. However, Rogue's only tie to the X-Books is Mr. and Mrs.X. She won't even be in the UXM Dissasembled limited series. We don't know what the future, as far as Rogue being part of a group, is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Namor killed a guy we would usually consider his ally, then recruited a villain he hates. That’s clearly a comment on him not making rational choices.

Then he fights the Avengers with no real provocation, usually this is the kind of thing that is based on a misunderstanding but not here.

Then Namor scared the kids away, hmm that’s a comment on him perhaps going too far?

Then the kids walk onto the land and die and instead of blaming himself Namor gets even more angry at the landlovers! This is double underlining that he is projecting his own misguided anger onto other people.

Then he goes against his word and flat out murders the prisoners he has handed over. Dishonour is not a trait many of us would associate with Namor.

Namor is not himself. He is defaulting to an archetype in a book that is clearly about archetypes, where some other characters are also doing the same.
    It's really hard to take any solicits in this when it is more then clear that before, now and into the foreseeable future this is what we should expect from the character until Marvel's "creative" writing teams takes their collective heads out of their butts, to actually bother to read past defacto characterization on the characters they are currently writing about.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 10-11-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Yes, it's not hard to believe that something is up with Namor.

There's just enough justification for Namor's anger to take his actions at face value but yet also clues, like the noted increase in his strength and his newfound viciousness, that imply that there's more to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's really hard to take any solicits in this when it is more then clear that before, now and into the foreseeable future this is what we should expect from the character until Marvel's "creates" writing teams takes their collective heads out of their ass, to actually bother to read past defacto characterization on the characters they are currently writing about.
    "...take any solace", is what I'm guessing you meant.

And "creative writing teams," not "creates writing teams."

And "de facto," doesn't really apply in this context.

"De facto" means something that is assumed but not formally recognized and Aaron's take on Namor is not the de facto characterization that a writer would go to if they just wanted to retread familiar ground.

As for where Aaron may be taking Namor, I find it funny that no matter how many times we see that a controversial take on a character eventually proves to be part of a thought out plan, some readers still insist on going straight to outrage mode rather than letting the story play out.

avengers 700.jpg

I don’t think they’d put ares and thor on the same team- would they?🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, it's not hard to believe that something is up with Namor.

There's just enough justification for Namor's anger to take his actions at face value but yet also clues, like the noted increase in his strength and his newfound viciousness, that imply that there's more to be revealed.

"...take any solace", is what I'm guessing you meant.

And "creative writing teams," not "creates writing teams."

And "de facto," doesn't really apply in this context.

"De facto" means something that is assumed but not formally recognized and Aaron's take on Namor is not the de facto characterization that a writer would go to if they just wanted to retread familiar ground.

As for where Aaron may be taking Namor, I find it funny that no matter how many times we see that a controversial take on a character eventually proves to be part of a thought out plan, some readers still insist on going straight to outrage mode rather than letting the story play out.
    Eh...writing/typing on a smart phone doesn't do you any favors. Fingers miss a letter to do their size and Siri corrects as she pleases.

As to Namor....Aaron isn't the only writer that has taken Namor further and further into this direction. There is now a whole budding generation of comic readers that only know Namor as a heartless villain, T'Challa as the boy king, and Stark as the meandering playboy. So say what you will about fans going to outrage when facts are being laid out and I will continue to role eyes at fans who keep defending weak story telling.

While we are on this topic....in the past 5-6 years how many stories had Namor or Atlantis or both mention how it was destroyed/wrecked? I venture to guess we have to be well in to the 15-20 range at the least, which is a hell of a lot considering the character has not had a solo series in the last 8 years.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

I'm one of those readers who has really only known Namor as a crazy person. Like, sometimes he's less crazy, but normally he's crazy since I started reading him.