Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Jason Aaron just did what he wanted.
    I mean, did you read the issues in question?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Since Marvel doesn't have editors you have to read the books and guess.
    Yeah. Reasoning for the order I gave:

• In X-Men Red, Laura is still Wolverine. Namor is with the team.
    • In Extermination, Laura and Gabby have their new costumes from the new X-23 book.
    • Avengers must be after that as Searebro is still active in Extermination. That's why I speculated that it gets destroyed - it's gone in Uncanny, from what we've seen, as Jean is now with Kitty - the Gold and Red teams seem to have merged.
    • Uncanny X-Men can take place at the same time as Avengers #8 onwards. Avengers actually had a timeskip at that point where Life of Captain Marvel fits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    From what I understand, Jason Aaron lives in his own world. Maybe we both missed something.
    Jason Aaron just did what he wanted.
    So does this make Aaron the new Bendis now that Bendis has left because that feels like an accurate description of Bendis’ writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So does this make Aaron the new Bendis now that Bendis has left because that feels like an accurate description of Bendis’ writing.
    It must be a contagious virus.

Incredible Member

Some readers (including myself) believe that Namor is being influenced in someway. The dark eyes, the increased strength seem to be indicators.

That being if it turns out that Namor has gone to war entirely of his own volition then frankly it still makes sense in the context of the story and I think Aaron does a effective job showing why the latest tragedy to befall Atlantis is the one that drove Namor to completely rejecting the surface world. I don't agree that Aaron is ignoring continuity in this regard particularly as he references a fair amount of long and even obscure continuity in Avengers #9.

As for whether he can beat the Avengers, even though I'm still convinced something is up that may explain his increased strength in his early appearances he was stronger than the Hulk in water, you could argue depictions of Namor losing to other characters in water is him being jobbed and this is correcting that. Then again I tend not to get into debates of these kinds. If characters didn't fight better, gain strength via being better motivated and so on every match up would have been decided a long time ago and we'd have no need for rematches. As long as it's not a blatant imbalance I don't care. Namor is that strong in this story to show how much he means business.

I can't speak for X-Men: Red (the only real sticking point for criticism of Namor's use here) as I'm not reading it but some people that are seem to think it takes place at a different time. I'll go with that.
    Last edited by Orbus; 11-05-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I feel like I saw Tom Taylor tweet that his story takes place first, but I could be misremembering it. The bigger question will be when the new Defenders event comes out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah, can't judge where that fits without reading it. The new Invaders series is after both Avengers and Defenders, it's publicity says it spins out of both. But does Defenders come first (maybe at the same time as Extermination?) and then Avengers? Or is it in publication order, which would be Avengers first?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Some readers (including myself) believe that Namor is being influenced in someway. The dark eyes, the increased strength seem to be indicators.

That being if it turns out that Namor has gone to war entirely of his own volition then frankly it still makes sense in the context of the story and I think Aaron does a effective job showing why the latest tragedy to befall Atlantis is the one that drove Namor to completely rejecting the surface world. I don't agree that Aaron is ignoring continuity in this regard particularly as he references a fair amount of long and even obscure continuity in Avengers #9.

As for whether he can beat the Avengers, even though I'm still convinced something is up that may explain his increased strength in his early appearances he was stronger than the Hulk in water, you could argue depictions of Namor losing to other characters in water is him being jobbed and this is correcting that. Then again I tend not to get into debates of these kinds. If characters didn't fight better, gain strength via being better motivated and so on every match up would have been decided a long time ago and we'd have no need for rematches. As long as it's not a blatant imbalance I don't care. Namor is that strong in this story to show how much he means business.

I can't speak for X-Men: Red (the only real sticking point for criticism of Namor's use here) as I'm not reading it but some people that are seem to think it takes place at a different time. I'll go with that.
    TBH I think all the avengers are being influenced by the celestial mountain as well.
    Namor is being affected by celestial tech.

Everyone's being affected and acting OOC or weird

Now THAT is jobbing.

Namor is usually solos the FF (who have a fire-elemental) by himself, matches Hulk in water and over-powers Spider-Man, the world's strongest superhero.
    This. Namor had been handled wrong for years now. Dude had beaten the Hulk and Hercules on many occasions.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well last time i saw them powerful and unique and that was more than 4 years ago , quite my own dream team .

This is Aaron.

A few months back Thor fought Namor toe to toe underwater and was implied that he beat him.

Now this LOL.

top tiers are low tiers in Aaron's case.

BANNED

I wonder who will prevail if the immortal hulk the current sentry/void combine and this namor clash.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder who will prevail if the immortal hulk the current sentry/void combine and this namor clash.
    fam, Hulk, Sentry and Namor combined could take out the Celestials.

BANNED

Does anybody knws Hickman is doing something else apart for not writing any Marvel comic after SW ? I remembered pretty much well , that even though Thor was Unworthy , he was still badass during Time Runs Out . I really missed those days

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Does anybody knws Hickman is doing something else apart for not writing any Marvel comic after SW ? I remembered pretty much well , that even though Thor was Unworthy , he was still badass during Time Runs Out . I really missed those days
    Thor and Hyperion's last standoff against the Beyonders was EPIC.

this panel killed me

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Thor and Hyperion's last standoff against the Beyonders was EPIC.

this panel killed me
    What issue is that from? I vaguely remember it but can't remember where I saw it!