Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'm almost positive I've seen that splash page with the sharks somewhere before. It looks VERY familiar.

The whole thing really reads like an unsubtle attempt to get a jump on the Aquaman movie:

Also, why is Namor raiding Dan Cassidy's closet?

(He even has a trident!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I had an old "Marvel Comics Presents" from the 90's that established Stingray was married to Tiger Shark's sister.

I'm a bit bummed that Namor straight up murdered the guy. I always liked Stingray. Time for Deadpool and his Mercs for Money to avenge their fallen former comrade!
    Not only is the team disbanded, Wade doesn't even remember them, because he mindwiped himself at the end of Despicable Deadpool.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Yeah, I'm among those that always liked Stingray, but it has already be mentioned that the character has been made a joke of for years. I'm not surprised about this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I'm almost positive I've seen that splash page with the sharks somewhere before. It looks VERY familiar.

The whole thing really reads like an unsubtle attempt to get a jump on the Aquaman movie:

Also, why is Namor raiding Dan Cassidy's closet?

(He even has a trident
    !)
    Come on! The trident is not sonething new with Namor!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

iMan 42s

Killing off another hero to make the situation "fo serious" is bad writing 101 especially considering that as far as we can tell, Stingray did nothing wrong.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Incredible Member

I also just remembered Tiger Shark killed Namor's dad. I don't think he'd try to recruit him if it was actually Namor. Has to be being controlled somehow.

I guess that his eyes are a clue.

I like the art and the narrative voice btw. Probably it makes sense in a long game writing by Aaron about the whole history of humankind within the Marvel Universe.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Yeah, I'm among those that always liked Stingray, but it has already be mentioned that the character has been made a joke of for years. I'm not surprised about this at all.
    It has nothing to do with Stingray being a joke. It's about him a Namor's friendship. So apparently it appears Namor just casual whips the **** out of Stingray for no apparent reason
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Forgive me, but this just upsets me. Namor better be poessed because if he's not they just made him a murder again. And I'm sorry but killing Stingray like this is just bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I really dislike the look of his hair

Just doesn't look right for namor imo

That aside

very brutal take down of ray

Always liked stingray so bit down about that

Yeah, peripheral characters are always fodder for modern day writers. That's just one of rhe reasons I've given up on most books -- including Avengers.

Awwww ... I always liked Stingray. Hopefully there's some sort of out to bring him back. Otherwise that's all kinds of messed up.

Stingray has always been one of my C-list fan favorite characters. Totally bummed that he got off. .

But yeah, he'll probably be back. Probably be some half human/half stingray hybrid.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Namor! Love the new look. Shocked to see him go so far!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Stand by for action! We’re about to launch Stingray!
    Stingraaaayy... Stingray! Ta-da da-da da-da.

Oh not that Stingray
    I admit... thats where my mind went first too!

Whoa..Namor can command sea creatures now? How long has he been able to do this?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Okay that was brutal and Stingray has appeared in recent Marvel titles. So his death much be avenged in someway. Also doesn't Stingray have kids or something ?