Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman vs Green Lantern

Rebirth/current Diana vs Jessica Cruz

Fight initially takes place in low Earth orbit (but can be brought down to anywhere on Earth).

Pre-fight: GL's ring is active and auto-shields are already on

Pre-fight: WW has taken a superhumanly deep breath

Otherwise, standard rumble settings.

Who wins?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-06-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Somehow I created a duplicate thread elsewhere on Rumbles. Please delete that one, mods.

Also does the fight change much if

Post-COIE WW vs Post-COIE GL Jade Scott?

It's the old "can they wear autoshields down before GL gets going" argument.

I'm going to say yes. Even though she packs less punch than a Kryptonian, she can at least wrap the GL up in the lasso would should prevent intangibility. The GL can still area frag, but post crisis WW can create a 360 forcefield iirc and then continue pounding in between blasts.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, if the Green Lantern gets the chance to form a thought, then Diana is going to end up teleported into the heart of the sun, or into an antimatter universe, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, if the Green Lantern gets the chance to form a thought, then Diana is going to end up teleported into the heart of the sun, or into an antimatter universe, or something like that.
    Has Jessica ever done this?

Jessica is not very powerful/comptent as a lantern from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has Jessica ever done this?
    I have no idea, but those are pretty basic Green Lantern powers, so if she's not a total dunce it should be doable.

I have no idea, but those are pretty basic Green Lantern powers, so if she's not a total dunce it should be doable.
    ARE those mentioned abilities possible with a post-REBIRTH ring? They certainly were Pre-COIE, but I thought, like Superman, normal GL's abilities took a huge nosedive in power post-COIE and never quite recovered. Or is this not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    ARE those mentioned abilities possible with a post-REBIRTH ring? They certainly were Pre-COIE, but I thought, like Superman, normal GL's abilities took a huge nosedive in power post-COIE and never quite recovered. Or is this not the case?
    It took some time but by the end of My they were pretty much the same

Actually Superman recovered pretty well after the Crisis, he has quite a few "wtf were they thinking" feats that are still canon thanks to the timeline merge. And some weren't even written by Morrison.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

I'm pretty sure that DC's official line was that the Green Lantern timeline was unchanged from post-Crisis to Nu52, at least in the broad strokes, and Lanterns still teleport themselves and others. IIRC, aren't there Yellow Lanterns, which are more or less the same as Green Lanterns, based in an antimatter universe and come to this one to break things.

Mighty Member

Jessica never did anything even remotely on that lvl.

If you're talking about pre-52, what should stop Wonder Woman to just travel back through the Netherworld like she traveled literally to hell and back?

That was not even in pre-52 pretty basic, or else you have to explain why Procanon Kaa(an experienced GL for generations) not just did that as he was in a very bloodlusted state and fought with WW(and he lost until WW deliberately stopped fighting) for example(and countless GL's in other such situations not).
    Last edited by Rightoya; 10-07-2018 at 06:09 AM.

That was not even in pre-52 pretty basic, or else you have to explain why Procanon Kaa(an experienced GL for generations) not just did that as he was in a very bloodlusted state and fought with WW(and he lost until WW deliberately stopped fighting).

Comics being written such that characters conveniently don't remember the full extent of things they could do/the abilities of a thing they are using have in order for there to be a fight doesn't actually need an "explanation" more than them being, induced, if you will, to be comparatively stupid, for the sake of the plot. As though we have a term for that here.

A GL ring, barring times like "Kyle's ring specifically worked differently" during the era he was the only GL, is a tool that can do various things at various scales of effect, so long as the wielder of that tool has sufficient willpower and energy to do them. The inability of someone to do a particular thing the ring can do is reflective of nothing more than their personal willpower to do it with and or the energy the ring has at the time. Unless they're specifically deficient at ring using in some way.

Unless Jessica is portrayed as intentionally deficient as a ring wielder, or at least comparatively deficient (and apparently she is? dunno), then crap a ring can be used to do should be in her wheelhouse fine.

The most that can be said is that a ring wielder with greater will can do crap a ring wielder with comparatively less cannot. But even that's more reflected in things like higher end Rayner style cosmic nonsenses.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-07-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Jessica never did anything even remotely on that lvl.

If you're talking about pre-52, what should stop Wonder Woman to just travel back through the Netherworld like she traveled literally to hell and back?
    Well, even assuming that there were no extenuating circumstances allowing her to do that, or that the Netherworld can be accessed from anywhere, or that she can find Khazan from the space/dimensional boonies, I'd imagine that being in the heart of a sun or having her molecules be spontaneously annihilated in a way that should ignore durability via antimatter would at least leave her in a less than ideal condition, and wouldn't actually prevent her from being dimension dumped again, especially if the GL had time to get the Ring's computer to auto-attack if/when she comes back.

That was not even in pre-52 pretty basic, or else you have to explain why Procanon Kaa(an experienced GL for generations) not just did that as he was in a very bloodlusted state and fought with WW(and he lost until WW deliberately stopped fighting).
    For the same reason that most of Wonder Woman's, Superman's, and Flash's Rogues Gallery are able to give their respective heroes life and death battles despite having no superspeed of note: Plot Induced Stupidity.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-07-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Someone making a case for Jessica being specifically incompetent aside, better arguments not trucking in arbitrary double standards of who will remember what the powers they can use are or not would be:

1) Odds of the auto shields holding out while being blitzed by Wonder Woman (since Wonder Woman gets to benefit from remembering she has crazy superspeed) are... ehhhhhhh… I don't really see them holding out.

2) Whether or not the ring can actually teleport someone like that as something the ring can do.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-07-2018 at 10:10 AM.