Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    The 2009 reboot has a lot of fans? I haven't noticed. It had a good hype-fueled OW and then it dropped like a rock. It certainly didn't make Lights Out money!
    I see a lot of videos of Friday fans defending the remake nowadays. Unadjusted for gross it is the second most profitable film in the series (only "Freddy vs. Jason" beats it). Adjusted places it in fifth place out of twelve films. Like it or not the film made money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Being completely dead and nearly forgotten?
    "Cult of Chucky" came out fairly recently and there is a reboot in the works starring Aubrey Plaza. Not to mention a fair bit of merchandise sold in stores. It's hardly what one would consider "dead and forgotten."
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The last two have been direct to video, the last one to actually have a theatrical run was in 2004, so yeah, completely dead

And lord knows slasher franchise reboots don't tend to have much luck resurrecting them, which is why Halloween is going for the Soft Reboot/Sequel treatment this time.

Honestly Myers is the only slasher icon they seem to still be making an effort for these days
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They can do a Jason with the now iconic look Movie without Victor but it would mean no Crystal Lake and No Mentioning his origin.

While Victor can do a Friday the 13 film at Crystal Lake with with Mrs. Vorhees or no Hockey Mask Jason like maybe Jason from Part 2 type villain.
    Looking into this, apparently Sean Cunningham can use the Friday the 13th name since Victor originally called it "Long Night at Camp Blood." The rest, ok, but Jason did go to New York and even SPACE once, getting around not mentioning Crystal Lake wouldn't be too hard. Plus at this point everyone knows his origin so mentioning Mrs. Voorhees isn't necessary.

Or they can come to together and make a deal.
    I imagine this is the most likely scenario, unless Victor wants to hold out for spite for having to sue in the first place. At least now I understand why all the DVD and blu-ray collections disappeared. The remake and vs Freddy movie are still readily available for purchase though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The last two have been direct to video, the last one to actually have a theatrical run was in 2004, so yeah, completely dead
    Chucky even has his own scare some at this year's Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. He's hardly forgotten.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I see a lot of videos of Friday fans defending the remake nowadays. Unadjusted for gross it is the second most profitable film in the series (only "Freddy vs. Jason" beats it). Adjusted places it in fifth place out of twelve films. Like it or not the film made money.
    As I said, it had a hype-fueled OW. Don't expect that to happen again should they should make another film. Look at the drops. Look at the daily receipts starting the first Monday after OW. It made a modest profit because it was made for 19M. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...ythe13th09.htm

Ten years later and there hasn't been another movie. The same interest isn't there. Maybe they can drum up some biz with a Jason vs. Leprechaun movie.

Chucky even has his own scare some at this year's Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. He's hardly forgotten.

Mighty Member

Check out at 1:24:34 which is a controversial rant by 2 youtube friends of mine Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life urging audiences, horror fans and studios to just let iconic horror franchises and beloved horror icons to just die and rest in peace and move on to make fresh brand new ones.

With comparisons to the Universal monsters of the 30s/40s/50s, Universal bottoming out of their own icons, slasher craze and crash of the 80s and the recent trend of sequelizing and remaking Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th (despite they with me like the 2009 remake and no sequel has happened in 10 years), Elm Street, Child's Play, Scream, Saw, Hellraiser, etc. and how they feel it's time to let these franchises and beloved horror icons to slumber in peace than to constantly bring them back in hope of new life/profit/old glory otherwise they are gonna be zombies
    Make new horror icons that are fresh and new! it's how Michael Myers, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Jigsaw, Ghostface, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead came to be as they were not copies of the universal monsters but unique in their own ways. Horror needs unique fresh icons again like take for example Annabelle she is the new Chucky, Not the same tired old ones force fed to new generations like they are still as cool as they were in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. They had their time in the sun and earned retirement from the genre, let them kick off their shoes to relax, bringing them back constantly is only gonna hurt their legacy and turn them into jokes. I know it is sad but it is true and this video may hurt some people but it's a painful truth as i stand by the guys in the rant, it's time to move on.

No need for anymore Halloween sequels, terrible direct to video Hellraiser sequels, Don Mancini made crappy Child's Play sequels (i felt the series ended at 3 and i'm not looking forward to the TV show and remake as the horse is already dead), anymore poor Leatherface sequels/prequels (the last TCM worth a damn was 1990's 3 while 2003's remake was decent), the 15th Leprechaun movie, more Children of the Corn sequels etc. it's a dead horse already and they are beating it, sometimes dead is better and this video tells the truth and i'm standing by them.

I think it's better to let these characters retire/die from film and live on through merchandise like t-shirts, appreal, comics, video games, books, re-issues of the movies on blu-ray, streams of the old movies on amazon/hulu/netflix, toys and all that. Make new horror icons and new horror franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post

Check out at 1:24:34 which is a controversial rant by 2 youtube friends of mine Ocpcommunications and Ramboraph4life urging audiences, horror fans and studios to just let iconic horror franchises and beloved horror icons to just die and rest in peace and move on to make fresh brand new ones.

With comparisons to the Universal monsters of the 30s/40s/50s, Universal bottoming out of their own icons, slasher craze and crash of the 80s and the recent trend of sequelizing and remaking Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th (despite they with me like the 2009 remake and no sequel has happened in 10 years), Elm Street, Child's Play, Scream, Saw, Hellraiser, etc. and how they feel it's time to let these franchises and beloved horror icons to slumber in peace than to constantly bring them back in hope of new life/profit/old glory otherwise they are gonna be zombies
    Make new horror icons that are fresh and new! it's how Michael Myers, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Jigsaw, Ghostface, Jason Voorhees and Pinhead came to be as they were not copies of the universal monsters but unique in their own ways. Horror needs unique fresh icons again like take for example Annabelle she is the new Chucky, Not the same tired old ones force fed to new generations like they are still as cool as they were in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. They had their time in the sun and earned retirement from the genre, let them kick off their shoes to relax, bringing them back constantly is only gonna hurt their legacy and turn them into jokes. I know it is sad but it is true and this video may hurt some people but it's a painful truth as i stand by the guys in the rant, it's time to move on.

No need for anymore Halloween sequels, terrible direct to video Hellraiser sequels, Don Mancini made crappy Child's Play sequels (i felt the series ended at 3 and i'm not looking forward to the TV show and remake as the horse is already dead), anymore poor Leatherface sequels/prequels (the last TCM worth a damn was 1990's 3 while 2003's remake was decent), the 15th Leprechaun movie, more Children of the Corn sequels etc. it's a dead horse already and they are beating it, sometimes dead is better and this video tells the truth and i'm standing by them.

I think it's better to let these characters retire/die from film and live on through merchandise like t-shirts, appreal, comics, video games, books, re-issues of the movies on blu-ray, streams of the old movies on amazon/hulu/netflix, toys and all that. Make new horror icons and new horror franchises.

This is nothing new in the 80's we had tons of sequels and remakes and it's always been part of Hollywood personally I HATE the Star Wars Prequels but there is a generation who that is their Star Wars. Who am I to tell them it's wrong to like them? I think the real issue isn't entitled fan bases who now feel they own franchises they don't you don't like the new entry just ignore the new and watch your originals. Unless you like the original Star Wars before the Special Editions than curse George Lucas like I do

Also there is a lot of good original new horror from the last few years like the Void or It Follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also there is a lot of good original new horror from the last few years like the Void or It Follows.
    That was the best horror film I'd seen in a while.