Default Darth Vader series coming to an end AGAIN with issue 25

Ugh, why do they have to keep rebooting the Vader series? Why not just keep it ongoing like the flagship star wars series?

I suppose that it will take place at a different point in time, but does that really require a cancellation and eventual reboot and new #1?

Saw that there is a Vader mini series set for 2019, and I'm sure after that we can expect a new ongoing Vader series.

iMan 42s

I suspect a lot of the reason for this comes down to available talent and Lucasfilm needing Vader open for other potential projects. Seeing as it's a unified canon it probably has to line up with things they're doing or potentially will do.

Alternatively it might just be cancelled to make way for another book seeing as new series will be launching soon and they might want the publishing space for it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Not sure where in time they'd put it. The series seems to have largely dealt with the period between ROTS and REBELS for the most part, while the original pretty much dealt with Vader between ANH and ESB.

I suppose they could put a third series between ESB and ROTJ somehow, since the regular SW comics are kind of doing that, but I'm not sure what story they'd run with apart from the changes in Vader's personality and the second Death Star?

Maybe perhaps we'll be getting a MANDALORIAN tie-in series of some kind as a replacement.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What I want is something shortly after Order 66, and his early days of the Jedi Purge with Vader hunting down Jedi.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    What I want is something shortly after Order 66, and his early days of the Jedi Purge with Vader hunting down Jedi.
    Um.. so you mean the current book (?)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Honestly I would rather they do something different at this point, maybe tackle what happens to Maul between Clone Wars and Solo to show how he takes over Crimson Dawn. Or Count Dooku.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Honestly I would rather they do something different at this point, maybe tackle what happens to Maul between Clone Wars and Solo to show how he takes over Crimson Dawn. Or Count Dooku.
    We saw how Maul formed Crimson Dawn already...it was just called he Shadow Collective.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 10-07-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Vader is my favorite character in the Star Wars Universe but I'm ok with this.

I thought his first series was phenomenal. The characterization and plots had really good drive?

This current one? I gave it several tries, but I only liked one arc. Not for me

Shadow of Vader has apparently now been totally cancelled. Guess they couldn't work around the Wendig problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Shadow of Vader has apparently now been totally cancelled. Guess they couldn't work around the Wendig problem.
    You've got the CG trolls that would boycott it because Wendig swears at them too much, and the Wendig fans that would boycott it because Marvel canned him. They're sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I thought his first series was phenomenal. The characterization and plots had really good drive?

This current one? I gave it several tries, but I only liked one arc. Not for me
    I'm the exact opposite... While I thought Kieron Gillen's run had it's moments, Charles Soule has been killin' it on his.

Sad to see this go.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Oh noooos! I was really enjoying this series.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It looks like Shadow of Vader is being replaced by this: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces...visions-series