Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Please... PLEASE, Marvel, don't ditch Spec again! It's a title with equal importance to Spider-Man as Amazing ever was.
    It's had good runs, but that is a stretch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Speaking of the idea that Tom Taylor might retread his previous Marvel work like so many other writers, I'd be more than down for him finally addressing the aftermath of Superior Iron Man. For starters, the people of San Francisco that Tony infected with Extremis while telling them it was an app that'd make them young and healthy and beautiful forever as long as they were willing to pay for it and thus got a crime wave started. Then there's Spider-Man reacting to Tony having built an armor partially cloned from a symbiote (most likely Venom) after the horrors they witnessed and experienced with Michael Hall and his Carnage-derived prosthetic limbs and suits in the miniseries that brought Carnage back after Sentry tore him in half. The former might be more something that Otto Octavius as the Superior Spider-Man would have to deal with, albeit written by Christos Gage instead of Tom Taylor, but I could see Spider-Man giving Iron Man some serious side-eye over using "building blocks" from Venom to create his own symbiotic armor. Oh, and there's always a fight with Teen Abomination, also from Superior Iron Man, or a team-up with an armor-using Pepper Potts that addresses the fallout of Superior Iron Man as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

new villains at all? Might as well..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Well, I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread:

Isn't Spectacular already a small-scale version of ASM? Why do we need another? I would have liked a more unique take on Spider-Man if we were to get another Spider-Man satellite title.
    I know Spectacular was billed as that but it never felt that way to me. The first arc was much more over the top humor based story and then they quickly started the time travel arc. Not that these are bad things at all, from Jameson finding out Peter's identity onward it's been a great book but not what I would call small-scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I know Spectacular was billed as that but it never felt that way to me. The first arc was much more over the top humor based story and then they quickly started the time travel arc. Not that these are bad things at all, from Jameson finding out Peter's identity onward it's been a great book but not what I would call small-scale.
    ASM as of late has been kind of more of a wacky, hi-concept, book so on that front I'd say Spec was a fairly smaller-scale version of ASM .

But really, Spec has probably had the most shifting identities of a Spider-Book. It was advertised as "back-to-basics," then it started looking like a team-up book, then it became a vehicle for Peter, Teresa, and Jonah, but it was always kind of a wacky Spider-Man book with some heart to it.

I’m always up for more Spider-Man, especially Peter! So I will definitely be giving this a try as Spec has never done it for me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

This sounds interesting and I will be picking it up for sure; I like what I have read of Taylor's work. But I will repeat my concern over these satellite books: unless each one is going to have it's own specific tone/feel/purpose, they can be superfluous. Back in the mid-1980's the Spidey books were at a high water mark for a reason: ASM was---as always----the flagship title where Peter/Spidey and his world was most impacted, PP:SSM was a more street-level and gritty title and Web (just being introduced) was intended to be for shorter-form stories with little-used villains. Zdarsky's PP:SSM unfortunately didn't live up to the "street level" promise when it was launched; it was quite the opposite spending much of the past year with a time-travel/alien invasion story. If the new team on FNSM can deliver a specific direction and if there is a new creative team/direction for PP:SSM next year, than I think that would be a good thing.

Not really interested in the post-OMD 616 stuff, but Taylor does good stuff, so I'm sure it'll be good.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hmmm, I'll pick it up for the start at least. Injustice was kind of a chore to read and follow for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    new villains at all? Might as well..
    new villains would be good, have we had any new villain of reasonable note since Mr Negative? before that it was Morlun and i'm pretty sure before that is was bloody Carnage from the early 90s.
    spidey's rogues could use a few new additions.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    new villains would be good, have we had any new villain of reasonable note since Mr Negative? before that it was Morlun and i'm pretty sure before that is was bloody Carnage from the early 90s.
    spidey's rogues could use a few new additions.
    ...Screwball ?

12 issues and that's your lot.

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #12
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A)
    Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    FINALE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • We haven’t seen Mary Jane Watson since #1, but that’s about to change with this almost ALL-MJ issue!
    • MJ saves Spidey, helps Aunt May and basically saves the day.
    • Face it, readers, you just hit the jackpot.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    12 issues and that's your lot.

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #12
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • JUANN CABAL (A)
    Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    FINALE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • We haven’t seen Mary Jane Watson since #1, but that’s about to change with this almost ALL-MJ issue!
    • MJ saves Spidey, helps Aunt May and basically saves the day.
    • Face it, readers, you just hit the jackpot.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Why can't we have nice things? Why?

Damn, damn, DAMN

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Damn, damn, DAMN
    (raises head and fists to the sky and screams) WHY?????!!!!!!
    The spider is always on the hunt.