Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Well, Hawkeye is ruled out - the West Coast Avengers, Clint included, will be in Superior Spider-Man's War of the Realms tie-in, WOTR being after No Road Home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My bet is still on Hercules.
    There are rumors on him being in the Eternals movie, so I expect them to kill him and bring him back as a synergy version.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The Eternals were killed off in Avengers. The Greek gods were killed here. Both will be merged together in the MCU as their version of the Eternals.

Can't wait for the TPB. I recently got and read the No Surrender one, and it was great. Happy that many of the team featured over there found their way here (Vision, Hercules, Wanda, Clint...), but wish that more had (Wonder Man, Wasp, Living Lightning...). However, we have Monica, one of my favorites, to compensate. As for who will die, I really am rooting that they'll take the easy way out with the Hercules and Vison feint, and that no one will. Especially Hercules, who is my favorite of the bunch.

Peace

Well, some of the No Surrender gang are at least in use elsewhere, let's run down the list and verify how many are really limboed:

Waid Avengers:
    Falcon - LIMBO
    Vision - PRESENT
    Hercules - PRESENT
    Wasp (Nadia) - Unstoppable Wasp and Champions
    Thor (Foster) - DEPOWERED, appearing in Thor

Uncanny Avengers:
    Rogue - Mr and Mrs X
    Wasp (Janet) - Avengers, Unstoppable Wasp, and Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    Beast - Age of X-Man: Prisoner X
    Wonder Man - LIMBO, but will be in War of the Realms: Journey Into Mystery. Cameoed in West Coast Avengers #9.
    Synapse - LIMBO
    Doctor Voodoo - LIMBO, but will be in Savage Avengers.
    Scarlet Witch - PRESENT
    Quicksilver - LIMBO
    Human Torch - Fantastic Four

U.S.Avengers:
    Sunspot - LIMBO, but will appear in Uncanny X-Men in June.
    Cannonball - X-Force
    Red Hulk - DEPOWERED
    Enigma - DEPOWERED
    Iron Patriot - PRESENT (not a main cast member, but Toni Ho has appeared in No Road Home).
    Squirrel Girl - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising

Others:
    Hawkeye: PRESENT
    Red Wolf: LIMBO
    Lightning: LIMBO
    Voyager: PRESENT

Characters not in No Surrender: Conan, Rocket, Spectrum.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, I know. I'm saying the writer didn't want to reveal any of that in issue 6.
    At the back of my head, there was something off with the way "Herc" and "Vision" posed, just standing stock still. So now this explains it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    By the way, don't forget that an Avenger still might die. Place your bets, folks, as to who it might be. Muhahahahaha!!!!!
    Could be Monica? Lots of talk about her living forever etc makes me feel like that could never happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Monica wasn't in the issue because almost the entire issue was spent with Wanda and Conan, with a brief scene in Nightmare's realm with that part of the team. We didn't check in with Nyx and the rest of the villains until the very final page. Voyager only got a no-dialogue, one-panel cameo for the same reason. We'll get back to her next issue.
    First issue I've felt dissatisfied with

Just felt a Conan advert really to me

Just felt like padding

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Falcon - LIMBO
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I know... he went from Avengers leader and Captain America to not appearing at all in short order thanks to his solo getting canned so soon. His sidekicks are getting more love than Sam, thanks to Jim Zub and Champions. They REALLY need to have a second top-tier Avengers team. The Mansion is even available as an HQ.

They brought back Mighty Avengers and canceled it. I think Maybe Marvel doesn't want Classic avengers Vs. Aaron's run diluting the brand. Not that I was complaining, but there was a lot of different avengers team running around for a while. I'd really like a continuation of Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home team for a ongoing book.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Could be Monica? Lots of talk about her living forever etc makes me feel like that could never happen.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. All of this talk of her immortality foreshadows something. They are either going to kill her off, or make her a god.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Wouldn't be shocked if she died. Then came back around the time Captain Marvel 2 comes out with movie synergy changes. In other words this would be a finale for Ewing's version of the character (he wrote her in Mighty Avengers and Ultimates).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They REALLY need to have a second top-tier Avengers team. The Mansion is even available as an HQ.
    I could go for another weekly limited series. Call it, "Avengers: There's No Place Like Home" where 15 limbo Avengers (anyone who isn't otherwise scheduled to appear in a book this year) leave to stop an uber-powerful villain in a parallel dimension. They wind up staying there much longer than they had hoped and return to our dimension (those that do return) much older. Triumphant, but older.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    They brought back Mighty Avengers and canceled it. I think Maybe Marvel doesn't want Classic avengers Vs. Aaron's run diluting the brand. Not that I was complaining, but there was a lot of different avengers team running around for a while. I'd really like a continuation of Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home team for a ongoing book.
    Personally I wish they'd bring in a classic Avengers style book. No Road Home is just doing it for me in ways that Aaron's run hasn't been able to.