Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

GERRY Duggan!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is Marvel's Newest Miniseries Really Teasing Hawkeye's Death?
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-no-road...awkeyes-death/

It makes no sense to kill off Vision when he is soon going to be appearing in a TV show with Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 02-14-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Do they have insider knowledge? Clint's death would definitely affect West Coast Avengers - and likely justify a changeover to Young Avengers, which they theorised about in another article.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    It being so obvious is exactly why it isn’t Vision. It’s like the rule about unspoken plans - if they tell us and have covers that Vision’s gonna die, it’s not going to just work out exactly like that. It looked like Red Hulk was going to have to be killed fighting Hulk in No Surrender, and Vision died instead.

It’ll be Hercules, given he hasn’t died in a while, he’s important but doesn’t have an ongoing, and the whole event is centred around him - probably so he can make a heroic sacrifice at the end. Him or Voyager, who would obviously be the easiest to kill but they could still make it compelling by developing her character.
    Athena's last words to Herc even foreshadow/hint to Herc's demise.

I wonder if the death of the Olympians has something to do with the death of the Eternals and the announced movie.
    Maybe a clean-up before All New, All Synergy versions?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I wonder if the death of the Olympians has something to do with the death of the Eternals and the announced movie.
    Maybe a clean-up before All New, All Synergy versions?
    That's a good point. Olympians and Eternals both got wiped out in pretty short order. I doubt the direct cause is related, but ya never know. It's something to keep an eye on.

Maybe they wanted rid of the Olympian pantheon due to their association with Wonder Woman?

Having a full Greek pantheon and then a full psuedo-Greek pantheon in the universe together is just weird (because the Eternals weren't supposed to be MU), so some bodies have to drop either way.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Loved it. I really wish this was an ongoing book.
    They could have Aaron's team be the ones ready to respond to large scale threats to Earth, while this one would specialize in longer missions and quests to solve particular problems. I'd call it Avengers Saga and have it be the place for classic Avengers goodness.
    The current line-up is already pretty awesome, but for an ongoing, I'd probably replace Hulk and Rocket with others.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Loved it. I really wish this was an ongoing book.
    They could have Aaron's team be the ones ready to respond to large scale threats to Earth, while this one would specialize in longer missions and quests to solve particular problems. I'd call it Avengers Saga and have it be the place for classic Avengers goodness.
    The current line-up is already pretty awesome, but for an ongoing, I'd probably replace Hulk and Rocket with others.
    100% agree with all of this. I would probably add Janet in one of the free slots, but idk about the other one, too many deserving choices.

I think there'd be more than two vacant slots. Don't forget the solicits say someone won't make it. CBR is thinking it might be Hawkeye, the story is hinting at Vision. Anyone who dies would need replacing as well. And we know the current team's final member, Conan, will have his own team afterwards, so his slot is also vacant. I think you could probably add three or four people.

Great first issue, my favourite book of the week. From funny to chilling, this had it all and the art by Medina was superb.

Article with character profiles:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...road-home-team

The way they end Rocket's... there's no way Savage is the only book spinning out of this.

Spectacular Member

That ‘sparks are gonna fly’ bit has me worried. If Jericho’s going to be on Savage Avengers, is this Marvel’s attempt to get Vision and Wanda back together for synergy?