Another set of spoilers here
    https://comicsheatingup.net/2019/04/...mystery-house/

Here are some tweets from some people who read the issue

Oliver Sava

Verified account

@OliverSava
    11h11 hours ago
    More
    The finale of AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME is excellent. Total left turn that I wasn't expecting, goes into some pretty deep philosophical territory. Also: THE RUNAWAYS

�� Kieran Shiach ��

Verified account

@KingImpulse
    12h12 hours ago
    More
    You should read Avengers: No Road Home #10.

Even if you haven’t read any of the other issues, read this last issue. It’s an incredibly satisfying single issue that’s a massive love letter to everything that makes Marvel Comics, Marvel Comics.

I already posted the CBR preview link.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The end has been fantastic. I did not expect much from this comic but it has been much superior than No Surrender, I have enjoyed it immensely.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Holy crap, too many thoughts to put into words! All that I'll say is that this was a fantastic book, and I hope there'll be a sequel in the near future.

Also, the reborn Olypians look seriously like the New Gods.

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't very happy with the ending. spoilers:
    Having the whole thing settled by some quasi-philosophy about storytelling felt unsatisfying to me (granted I never like this kind of philosophizing so I'm not the audience for it), and the characters apart from Vision barely did anything.

It would be one thing if they all had other books to go into and continue their stories, but they don't, so I feel let down that this is the last we'll be seeing of Wanda etc. for a while and they didn't do anything in this issue.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

It definitely seems like they’re merging the Eternals and the Greek Gods for synergy. I loved this issue as a massive Vision fan and I’m glad he’s alive again even if he doesn’t have anywhere to go. They’ve been building up Vision’s arc in this basically since King left so it seems earned to me. I can just picture him somewhere in the background of Champions. Also him and Wanda finally don’t hate each other anymore so that’s good.

Also Wanda’ll probably end up cameoing in Savage Avengers fairly soon, if it helps.

Champions is definitely where Vision is headed. It was that book which bridged his arc between No Surrender and No Road Home.

The storyline involving Sparky will definitely cause Vision to feature more later in the year.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-17-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Holy crap, too many thoughts to put into words! All that I'll say is that this was a fantastic book, and I hope there'll be a sequel in the near future.

Also, the reborn Olypians look seriously like the New Gods.
    Hmm... not sure I'm on board with the whole New Gods thing. Probably an mcu synergy thing but we'll see.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Probably an mcu synergy thing but we'll see.
    My thoughts too. With the MCU Asgardians based in deep space, the MU Olympians are following suit. It also reminds me of the 80's Deluxe Handbook article for the Olympians where it states that in one possible future all the Olympian Gods leave their realm for another plane of existence, save for Hercules who remains behind to father a new race of gods. Except in this case he goes along with his family.

We'll see more of Hercules as teased in this issue. And, of course Challenger had to break free while Voyager was away. Another development that's bound to be explored.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    My thoughts too. With the MCU Asgardians based in deep space, the MU Olympians are following suit. It also reminds me of the 80's Deluxe Handbook article for the Olympians where it states that in one possible future all the Olympian Gods leave their realm for another plane of existence, save for Hercules who remains behind to father a new race of gods. Except in this case he goes along with his family.
    That's also what happened in the great Bob Layton's Hercules trilogy, set in the future.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

It was ok imo but that's about it

Really really didn't like the new costume design at the end

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    It definitely seems like they’re merging the Eternals and the Greek Gods for synergy. I loved this issue as a massive Vision fan and I’m glad he’s alive again even if he doesn’t have anywhere to go. They’ve been building up Vision’s arc in this basically since King left so it seems earned to me. I can just picture him somewhere in the background of Champions. Also him and Wanda finally don’t hate each other anymore so that’s good.

Also Wanda’ll probably end up cameoing in Savage Avengers fairly soon, if it helps.
    I don't think it's synergy. It's one thing to design Hercules to match his potential movie appearance, but the writers basically changed the entire status quo of the Olympians by making their familiar forms that we all know into "avatars" of sorts a-la Darkseid.

I was pleasantly surprised by the finale here. Interesting development for Vision to be sure, but also for Hercules. It sets the stage for another weekly series, most likely next year - and to be honest, I'm down for it. I enjoyed Rocket more than I thought and even Hulk was interesting here. I like Monica and how she grew here. House of Ideas FTW!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

I liked the run but the defeat of Nyx was meh asf.

Over in my Eternals thread I suggested they borrow a bit from Promethea for their reboot. Between the house of ideas shown here, and the rebirth of the Olympians I might have been on the right track.

Especially since Herc is supposed to be in The Eternals film.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum