Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Marvel announces Avengers: No Road Home for February 2019

During their Next Big Thing panel at New York Comic Con, Marvel Comics unveiled Avengers: No Road Home for 2019, a sequel to Avengers: No Surrender.

Taking cues from Avengers: No Surrender, which consolidated Avengers, U.S.Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers into one book, the upcoming Avengers: No Road Home will see weekly releases co-written by Al Ewing, Mark Waid, and Jim Zub. Art duties, however, will stay with Paco Medina throughout the seires, while Yasmine Putri handles covers.

The creative team promised a massive return for a specific Avenger that will shake the entire marvel Universe. Avengers: No Road Home, will hit your local comic store in February 2019.

With the success of Avengers: No Surrender, it’s really no surprise Marvel is revisiting the same release schedule and creative team for No Road Home. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stick with AiPT! for all your NYCC news.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...february-2019/

Extraordinary Member

As I said in another thread, old-school Avengers fans have been asking for the classic B-listers to get a book to complement Aaron's all-star lineup, and here it is, so I'll put my money where my mouth is and buy it.

I don't love the covers but the interior art looks good.

No Surrender ended up being disappointing, but I'd be lying if I said this team doesn't interest me a whole lot more than Aaron's boring run. Hercules, Wanda, Vision and Monica? YES!
    I do wish this was a second monthly, not an event weekly. Hopefully it isn't as needlessly long as No Surrender.

I'll say what I said in the NYCC thread:

Nice to see Monica again. Is that Johnny Storm in the issue 3 cover with the crystal ball?

EDIT: Having looked harder at all the pages I think it's Hawkeye on the issue 3 cover.

Here's the interior:

Last edited by Crimz; 10-06-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm half way through reading No Surrender, and I have been loving it, so this is gonna be good!

Tom Breevort practically told me to be satisfied with Janet's supporting appearances and implied not to expect her in this lol, still excited.

This looks interesting, actually. I like the creative team on this, and I enjoyed No Surrender. Plus having the same artist throughout the series will keep it more uniform and easy to follow. And it will be nice to see Herc and Vision again

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Tom Breevort practically told me to be satisfied with Janet's supporting appearances and implied not to expect her in this lol, still excited.
    Ugh...! Brevoort...! Jan should never be relegated to a supporting role and appearances. But yeah, still interested in this.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Great news. Happy to have another decent Avengers book aongside West Coast Avengers. And it's cool to see Monica again Although I could live without Hulk in the roster xd.

It is great to see Wanda showing up here. She has an Avengers book to be in. What happens with Vision in this series probably contradicts with what was going to happen in the cancelled Vision miniseries.

Well, the good side is that I won't be disappointed with the USAvengers being mostly sidelined, this time.
    But I don't find the line-up exciting. Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, the other Hawkeye? Meh.

At least there is Hercules and Spectrum (I hope Monica means a Blue Marvel cameo at some point, and maybe an Ultimates update)

I wonder what the "No Road Home" means, storywise.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Well, the good side is that I won't be disappointed with the USAvengers being mostly sidelined, this time.
    But I don't find the line-up exciting. Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, the other Hawkeye? Meh.

At least there is Hercules and Spectrum (I hope Monica means a Blue Marvel cameo at some point, and maybe an Ultimates update)
    Same here...

Incredible Member

I really liked No Surrender even though it went on for too long. Towards the end it seemed to be padding things out waiting for Marvel's relaunch date to wrap up the story but I don't foresee that problem here. Looking forward to it.

Rocket Raccoon is joining the Avengers?

And this must be the top secret project that Sean Izaakse left Champions for.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-06-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Is that Malekieth in the cover of Avengers: No Road Home#3?