Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Vision. Hulk smashed him, remember? Toni Ho tried to repair him, but it was a temporary fix, he's in terminal decline and needs a new body, but after what happened in his solo and in the Avengers/Champions team-up Worlds Collide just before No Surrender, he's refusing to allow it. He's terminally ill. It was explained in Champions #22. He's keeping it secret from Viv and the Champions, and even had them take Sparky, the Vision family dog, with them.
    end of spoilers
    That's such an easy person to "die" though, because it's so reversible. Not that any death isn't reversible these days, but this character in particular it's hard to feel any weight behind it.

Still, it's something they have been building up to for awhile. It's not just some random death for shock value, so that's nice.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's such an easy person to "die" though, because it's so reversible. Not that any death isn't reversible these days, but this character in particular it's hard to feel any weight behind it.

Still, it's something they have been building up to for awhile. It's not just some random death for shock value, so that's nice.
    Careful, you're going to encourage them to go for a more impactful death. And since Hulk can't die, Hercules has already died before receiving his godhead, Voyager and Hawkeye are not an option, PETA would storm Marvel HQ if they did in Rocket, and not that many people really care if Scarlet Witch dies, that leaves just Monica. Let's not give them any ideas. ha ha
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Careful, you're going to encourage them to go for a more impactful death. And since Hulk can't die, Hercules has already died before receiving his godhead, Voyager and Hawkeye are not an option, PETA would storm Marvel HQ if they did in Rocket, and not that many people really care if Scarlet Witch dies, that leaves just Monica. Let's not give them any ideas. ha ha
    I don't know about Monica. The only reason I could see them killing her off would be to bring her back to much acclaim just in time for her superheroic debut in a future Captain Marvel movie (since we're seeing her as a kid in the first one).

This is why Marvel needs to get over its addiction to the whole "This Issue Someone Dies!" thing. It's gotten to the point that people speculate how different people could be brought back before the "Someone" is even revealed.

It be pretty funny if it is just Banner dying again and Hulk getting up literally the next panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I don't know about Monica. The only reason I could see them killing her off would be to bring her back to much acclaim just in time for her superheroic debut in a future Captain Marvel movie (since we're seeing her as a kid in the first one).
    Yeah, debuting her in the MCU should gurantee that she'll be used.

Doesn't gurantee she won't be killed (see the Eternals), but IF she is they'll just bring her right back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Oh, lots of people would care if Scarlet Witch dies (which could happen if Vision is too obvious), it's just that we expect terrible things to happen to her in every story so we'll be more rolling our eyes and shrugging our shoulders than freaking out.

If she got killed off in the first story she's appeared in for many months, it would be very much in line with what her fans have come to expect.

Still I'm going to go with Voyager, being the original character created by this group. OCs have a target on them a mile wide in part because they're the only characters whose deaths we could possibly expect to stick.

BANNED

looks kinda obvious who'll die

Avengers-No-Road-Home-9-300x456.jpg

maybe too obvious?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    looks kinda obvious who'll die

Avengers-No-Road-Home-9-300x456.jpg

maybe too obvious?
    It's a trick of light. What you're seeing there is the Molecule Man actually reconstructing the Vision, not the Vision's head being blown to smithereens. No? Hey, it was worth a try.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Looks like the legacy numbering thing is sorted. The Avengers FCBD issue's second story is a new Avengers team by Duggan. I bet that's New Avengers, and the #166 numbering belongs to that. So LGY#708 is indeed what No Road Home is using.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jim Zub posted this

Attachment 77907
    Omg. I need all of these.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Really, really like Voyager. I hope she doesn’t fade into obscurity and can keep reappearing here and there.
    I’m fine with a yearly weekly Avengers storyline, written by the holy trinity of Waid/Zub/Ewing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    A question does not equal a statement of fact
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    A question does not equal a statement of fact
    Exactly. There is nothing actually stating an Avenger WILL die. It just suggests an Avenger might die. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like the legacy numbering thing is sorted. The Avengers FCBD issue's second story is a new Avengers team by Duggan. I bet that's New Avengers, and the #166 numbering belongs to that. So LGY#708 is indeed what No Road Home is using.
    Wait, new team?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wait, new team?
    Just announced today. Duggan and Deodato are launching a new Avengers title on Free Comic Day this year.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: