Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Maybe. Perhaps Wanda survives what happened at the end of issue 1, then later on, saves Vision's life, using magic where technology had failed (she's already done that exact thing before, resurrecting Sparky the Synthezoid Dog in Vision #12). And that prompts them to get back together. Virginia Vision was based on Wanda's brain patterns, so she's really Viv's mother already anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe. Perhaps Wanda survives what happened at the end of issue 1, then later on, saves Vision's life, using magic where technology had failed (she's already done that exact thing before, resurrecting Sparky the Synthezoid Dog in Vision #12). And that prompts them to get back together. Virginia Vision was based on Wanda's brain patterns, so she's really Viv's mother already anyway.
    If they are going to go the route of reuniting Wanda and Vision, then they probably should have had Wanda and Jericho break up off panel at the start of this series. As of now, they're ready to move in together. To go from that to dumping Jericho for Vision would sort of be messed up.

Not if Jericho does something amoral. Something that disgusts Wanda enough to break it off.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not if Jericho does something amoral. Something that disgusts Wanda enough to break it off.
    If that requires them to throw Jericho under the bus in order to make it work then again... they probably should have just broke them up off panel at the start of the story. Turning him immoral just so Wanda can dump him for someone else is kinda messed up.

Well that's the way it's heading. He's going to be on a team with Wolverine, Venom, Elektra, Punisher, and Conan. All people with a less than squeaky clean record, needless to say.

BANNED

Article with character profiles:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...road-home-team

The way they end Rocket's... there's no way Savage is the only book spinning out of this.
    Wasn't Tom Breevort the one pushing for Rocket to join the Avengers? And I sure hope so. Savage Avengers didn't deliver what I'm personally looking for, but I'd be all for Spectrum leading an Avengers team of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    That ‘sparks are gonna fly’ bit has me worried. If Jericho’s going to be on Savage Avengers, is this Marvel’s attempt to get Vision and Wanda back together for synergy?
    I sure hope not. The Jericho and Wanda relationship kinda caught me off guard when it debuted, but I'm more invested in that than a rehash of Wanda and Vis again.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yeah, I like all of their scenes together so far, I just kind of wish there was a specific place where they could continue to develop the relationship more. If they split them apart for drama now, it won't have as much of an effect as if they really dug into it. (Although that might be for the better if they're just trying to set her up with Vision again?)

This this ends up an Avengers team, it's a pretty darn powerful one. Arguably more powerful than the main Avengers team, which itself is pretty darn powerful.

Wanda and Spectrum are two of the most powerful Avengers ever. Plus it's got Herc, Vision, and Hulk. If this is the actual team, it's borderline overpowered with those 5 alone.

Read the first issue. It was great! I have to agree with the folks who think Marvel may be wiping out the Olympians to make room for The Eternals. If that is the case I can't say I will miss them. Marvel has never really put as much work into them as they did the Asgardians.

The only thing that didn't work is Hawkeye's dumb non-costume. Since this is a big event I was hoping we could get away from this eyesore. It looks even worse than usual because he is standing next to actual heroes wearing actual costumes.

The only thing more perplexing than it's terrible look is it's staying power.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The only thing that didn't work is Hawkeye's dumb non-costume. Since this is a big event I was hoping we could get away from this eyesore. It looks even worse than usual because he is standing next to actual heroes wearing actual costumes.

Well, if it helps...his current outfit might not survive through the whole storyline. I would assume that vial of Pym Particles Clint found in the box Wanda brought him is setting up a revisiting of his Goliath powers at some point in the story....and since Clint's current outfit is unlikely to be made of unstable molecules, you may find that outfit you hate ripped to shreds by Clint growing out of it later in the series.

Your mileage may vary as to whether Clint running around in his underpants or his birthday suit (perhaps with the return of the "Hawk-blocking" headshot that first appeared in Fraction's HAWKEYE series) an improvement over his current look.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Oh, if Clint is Goliath again, they had better give him back the ridiculous BDSM harness costume. #MakeBoobWindowsMaleAgain

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This this ends up an Avengers team, it's a pretty darn powerful one. Arguably more powerful than the main Avengers team, which itself is pretty darn powerful.
    so called A Avengers Team are jobbers.

this team would stomp them.

hell, Hulk solos.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Oh, if Clint is Goliath again, they had better give him back the ridiculous BDSM harness costume. #MakeBoobWindowsMaleAgain
    I wouldn't thonk it would be possible, unless he secretly is wearing his Giant Man gear under his clothes. Thrn again, if he does becomr giant msn he'll need to wear something made out of unstable molecules.

All-New Member

Maybe they wanted rid of the Olympian pantheon due to their association with Wonder Woman?
    Greco-Roman mythology is frequently used as a backdrop in Western fiction. It would be like wiping out Marvels Atlantis, because DC’s Atlantis is better known.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Read the first issue. It was great! I have to agree with the folks who think Marvel may be wiping out the Olympians to make room for The Eternals. If that is the case I can't say I will miss them. Marvel has never really put as much work into them as they did the Asgardians.

Unless they kill of Hercules too, I imagine that some of the Olympians will survive this. Ares and Zeus certainly. Maybe Pluto and Hebe as well? I’m not sure how I feel about this. You’re right when you say that Marvel never put in as much effort with the Olympians as they did with the Asgardians. That makes sense. Thor is a flagship character. Still, it does give Hercules a built in supporting cast with lots of story potential.🤔

I really enjoyed the character interactions in this book. My favorite part was probably the scene with Hawkeye and the Hulk. I can’t wait to see how that plays out.