Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmm... not sure I'm on board with the whole New Gods thing. Probably an mcu synergy thing but we'll see.
    Makes sense. There have been rumors abound that the gay actor they are seeking in the Eternals is supposed to play Hercules. But I have to say I don't like it much. First, the whole role reversal. It's cristal clear to me that Hemsworth's Thor in the MCU has the personality of the Hercules in the comics, and now we see Herc getting much more mature and serious in the comics, sort of like Thor was. Second, there are other intresting characters in Kirby's Eternals, such as Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, The Forgotten One. I don't see why bring in Hercules into the mix (even if it's sure not to be the comics version, but then there's that occasionally dreadful synergy yoiu mentioned). And to close it, I was really happy with the modernization of Hercules atire that he had been using lately (sans the manbun). I really didn't like the "eternalized" costume he was using at the end of the series.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-17-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    It definitely seems like they’re merging the Eternals and the Greek Gods for synergy. I loved this issue as a massive Vision fan and I’m glad he’s alive again even if he doesn’t have anywhere to go. They’ve been building up Vision’s arc in this basically since King left so it seems earned to me. I can just picture him somewhere in the background of Champions. Also him and Wanda finally don’t hate each other anymore so that’s good.

Also Wanda’ll probably end up cameoing in Savage Avengers fairly soon, if it helps.
    That's her usual fate. Being torn out of books until the next event. And only cameoing in others. But I doubt she'd make it into Savage Avengers. I'd rather she'd be on a team book or get another solo. This time without the constant change in artists. Cameos every so often is not really a comfort.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-17-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's her usual fate. Being torn out of books until the next event. And only cameoing in others. But I doubt she'd make it into Savage Avengers. I'd rather she'd be on a team book or get another solo. This time without the constant change in artists. Cameos every so often is not really a comfort.
    When Wanda gets to rejoin the main Avengers team in the comics, I will be 100 years old and still checking the solicits every month to see if she's back yet.

Amazing Member

soooo how again did Vision took down Nyx? and what stopped Nyx from basically doing the same thing and manipulating reality against Vision (considering she's "whole" already at that point)?

tbh, i loved how this series started .... but i really hate it when stories tend to go to these philosophical mumbo jumbo endings route.

on the other hand, it just made me realize how much i miss Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider. those panels with him on it are just glorious ... Robbie Reyes' fast n' furious rider on avengers is just not working for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    When Wanda gets to rejoin the main Avengers team in the comics, I will be 100 years old and still checking the solicits every month to see if she's back yet.
    The yearning is so strong that it keeps you alive in old age.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Same here, lol. July is not looking good for her so far. Seems like unless Zub is writing, there's very little chance.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member

So because all the Olympic gods are being reborn does this include Phobos as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Makes sense. There have been rumors abound that the gay actor they are seeking in the Eternals is supposed to play Hercules. But I have to say I don't like it much. First, the whole role reversal. It's cristal clear to me that Hemsworth's Thor in the MCU has the personality of the Hercules in the comics, and now we see Herc getting much more mature and serious in the comics, sort of like Thor was. Second, there are other intresting characters in Kirby's Eternals, such as Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, The Forgotten One. I don't see why bring in Hercules into the mix (even if it's sure not to be the comics version, but then there's that occasionally dreadful synergy yoiu mentioned). And to close it, I was really happy with the modernization of Hercules atire that he had been using lately (sans the manbun). I really didn't like the "eternalized" costume he was using at the end of the series.

Peace
    Because The Forgotten One is a horrible Avengers from one of the worst runs, I'm okay with them over writing the Olympians because the only thing different about them was how they were reborn.

You can't even call this synergy since Jason Aaron pulled off a Bendis and killed off all the Eternals off panel.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 04-17-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Same here, lol. July is not looking good for her so far. Seems like unless Zub is writing, there's very little chance.
    His Uncanny Avengers run was way too short, it would be nice to see him get another Avengers ongoing... as long as it doesn't mean he's off Champions.

Sounds like the plan is for another collaborated maxi instead though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Have to say this mini - or maxi, whatever - didn't do much for me. There were some good individual issues and some good moments but, for me, it felt like a real push to get through. I seldom felt really engaged by it and the last issue was more of a head-scratcher than anything else.

On the upside, though I am happy that there were no tragic ends for any heroes here. I really didn't want to see Vision die again.

Based on the last page, it's pretty clear the team is getting back together again for another tale next year. I don't know if I'll be as eager to jump in again next time around but we'll see.

Any scans out there in fandom land, showing all the cameo appearances?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I thought the costume was horrible

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Have to say this mini - or maxi, whatever - didn't do much for me. There were some good individual issues and some good moments but, for me, it felt like a real push to get through. I seldom felt really engaged by it and the last issue was more of a head-scratcher than anything else.

On the upside, though I am happy that there were no tragic ends for any heroes here. I really didn't want to see Vision die again.

Based on the last page, it's pretty clear the team is getting back together again for another tale next year. I don't know if I'll be as eager to jump in again next time around but we'll see.
    Tbh I felt the same, the last half really dragged for me

The ending felt a bit forced but it was ok

The costume changes didn't impress

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I thought the costume was horrible

agreed very 80's

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I spent ~$40 to see Monica get vastly reduced in power, see Zeus be resurrected as a blue-skinned god, and watch Conan frolic in the Savage Land. What a waste.

Whoever said that Marvel Comics stories are as great as they've ever been, well, don't go submitting this series as Exhibit A. You've been warned.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I liked the run but the defeat of Nyx was meh asf.
    Total agree. I worried that they were setting us up for a mundane ending...but I didn't think they'd actually do it.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin