Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers: No Road Home #2 Makes a Major Change to Hawkeye (Spoilers)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ampaign=buffer
    I'm not too worried about this. Lots of people running around with cybernetic parts these days. All this means is that Hawkeye won't be hitchhiking the galaxy any time soon. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-21-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    damn, Nyx is OP asf and tha's her at her weakest.
    Haven't read #2 yet, but hopefully they make her a mainstay and give her a more modern costume than the usual Greek chitons, kolpos, peplos, himations, girdles and sandles that we usually see.

Okay just read it. Won't spoil it.

Before we begin, how good is it too see Hercules dialogue actually coming from Hercules instead of Thor? Thanks, Avengers: No Road Home

NYX is a great villain, usually I would say that the writer had the pantheon job (wrestling term, look it up) but Marvel has never really put that much work into the Greek gods so it worked. I also noticed that HERA wasn't present and given her connection to Hercules and Zeus they will probably end up working together. This is my first exposure to Voyager and so far so good. Can we get Spectrum a better name? It's functional but not very heroic. Maybe we can do that after Hawkeye gets a better costume. Speaking of Hawkeye, this was his issue and it had a very been there done that feel. I can see the whole "Confidant to mask fear" thing the first time around as an Avenger, but Clint has been around for quite some time now. He really should be that confidant by now. I can only guess that this is some leftover stuff from Fraction's run that I didn't bother to read? I hope that what happens to Hawkeye is just a dream, because I don't a Marvel Universe where Kate Bishop is our go to archer.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Voyager's only previous appearance was the 16 issue Avengers No Surrender weekly maxiseries by the same creative team. Check it out!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay just read it. Won't spoil it.

Before we begin, how good is it too see Hercules dialogue actually coming from Hercules instead of Thor? Thanks, Avengers: No Road Home

NYX is a great villain, usually I would say that the writer had the pantheon job (wrestling term, look it up) but Marvel has never really put that much work into the Greek gods so it worked. I also noticed that HERA wasn't present and given her connection to Hercules and Zeus they will probably end up working together. This is my first exposure to Voyager and so far so good. Can we get Spectrum a better name? It's functional but not very heroic. Maybe we can do that after Hawkeye gets a better costume. Speaking of Hawkeye, this was his issue and it had a very been there done that feel. I can see the whole "Confidant to mask fear" thing the first time around as an Avenger, but Clint has been around for quite some time now. He really should be that confidant by now. I can only guess that this is some leftover stuff from Fraction's run that I didn't bother to read? I hope that what happens to Hawkeye is just a dream, because I don't a Marvel Universe where Kate Bishop is our go to archer.
    I think giving Monica Rambeau a new name is pretty much a lost cause. She's already had Captain Marvel, Photon, Pulsar, and Spectrum... she probably doens't need to add to the collection anymore than she already has.

At this point we might as well do what we usually do with Kitty Pryde and just refer to her by her first name (as opposed to Sprite, Aerial or Shadowcat).

Astonishing Member

Clint is going to become Goliath again some time in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think giving Monica Rambeau a new name is pretty much a lost cause. She's already had Captain Marvel, Photon, Pulsar, and Spectrum... she probably doens't need to add to the collection anymore than she already has.

At this point we might as well do what we usually do with Kitty Pryde and just refer to her by her first name (as opposed to Sprite, Aerial or Shadowcat).
    Works for me. Spectrum is just the worst. What's next Comcast, Sling, Xfinity, Verizon, Vue?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

If Monica ever gets her own comic I hope they just go with "Rambeau" as the title. It has the cool "Rambo" similarity, "Grayson" has proved that that approach can work as a comic title, and it sidesteps the need to give her a new code name when it's basically impossible to come up with a successful one at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Clint is going to become Goliath again some time in this story.
    Yeah, they foreshadowed it in the first issue. Hopefully it's just for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Works for me. Spectrum is just the worst. What's next Comcast, Sling, Xfinity, Verizon, Vue?
    I don't mind Spectrum personally... but ditching the code name might be best for the character.

I'm half surprised Genis-Vell hasn't returned to steal this name, like he did her first two.

The weird thing is, they were doing this. She is hardly ever called Spectrum.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

IIRC, it was Nextwave that first had Monica going by just her real name. I think she could have easily stuck with Photon had Genis-Vell not stolen two of her codenames in a row. Pulsar was kind of dumb and I do see why Ewing decided to change it to Spectrum.

Random notes.

spoilers:
    Surely nobody reading this issue believes that Hawkeye is anything other than in an induced delusion.

I don’t believe we have a clear idea who the big bad is. There are hints in the text that Nyx is taking advantage of the situation and hasn’t caused it.

All the talk about the Olympians potentially being treated well seems somewhat mute given they have been portrayed here as always, as simplistic paper thin characters. That’s not a problem. They are not that important in the MU.

It felt very much like Challenger was subtly getting Voyager to leave him alone. I won’t be surprised if he gets sprung from prison very quickly.
    end of spoilers

‘Finder / Transporter feels like a new arcetype for a teleporter.

I am still concerned that having two Avengers books, both with legacy numbering, will result in cannibalisation of the brand.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-21-2019 at 04:33 PM.

I'm half surprised Genis-Vell hasn't returned to steal this name, like he did her first two.
    That makes two of us. Her name could be Lady Light, but it wouldn't shock me if they gave him that name, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That makes two of us. Her name could be Lady Light, but it wouldn't shock me if they gave him that name, too.
    Genis might as well save himself some time and just call himself Monica Rambeau next time he comes back.