Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The secret character coming in in #6 is Conan!
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/180900...all-new-weekly
    Well, that's...something.

I get they have Conan back but re-introducing him in a big Marvel event seems a bit much.

(Stay away from him Wanda ).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Somebody probably thought about making Conan part of Avengers 1M BC, but couldn't get the timeline to work.

So...what will Conan and Monica Rambeau talk about?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I feel that this miniseries is going to be superior to the current Avengers series.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I feel that this miniseries is going to be superior to the current Avengers series.
    I’m pretty sure that’s a given.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

the only reason we are getting conan in avengers is because contrary to what s been said publicly the sales on the new conan series are very very dangerously low marvel will goose the numbers for the first few issues but there is no interest in the character anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Anything can be superior to the current Avengers series lmao.

But jokes aside, I didn't saw the Conan announcement coming and I'm still not sure of how to react. The only thing I hope is that after the mini series, Conan stays in his universe, because I'm not so sure how the character would work interacting with more marvel characters after No Road Home.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-10-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    the only reason we are getting conan in avengers is because contrary to what s been said publicly the sales on the new conan series are very very dangerously low marvel will goose the numbers for the first few issues but there is no interest in the character anymore
    Low sales seems to be the common trend for most of Marvel's books these days. I'm honestly curious to know who was pushing for a Conan book. Is this a case of the market demand influencing corporate decisions, or corporate decisions trying to inject/create a demand in the market?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    Are you implying the story was rewritten very recently to include Conan? Because they said some character would join the cast halfway through ahen they announced this and that all the issues were close to being written and were scripted

Yeah, they said at the start a secret character was coming in in issue 6. Now that we're only a week away from the solicits being released, they've revealed that to be Conan. It was planned from the beginning. There's no conspiracy here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they said at the start a secret character was coming in in issue 6. Now that we're only a week away from the solicits being released, they've revealed that to be Conan. It was planned from the beginning. There's no conspiracy here.
    Yeah and when they mentioned that character, the writers expressed that they were happy that the editors allowed to include him, so of course Conan's inclusion was planned long time ago.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope this weekly mini-event style Avengers story becomes a yearly thing. It’s a great way to check in on the other characters across the Marvel U. Also quickly boosts up the Avengers legacy numbering which I can Marvel wanting. A quicker climb to 1000 after the success of Action Comics/Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I hope this weekly mini-event style Avengers story becomes a yearly thing. It’s a great way to check in on the other characters across the Marvel U. Also quickly boosts up the Avengers legacy numbering which I can Marvel wanting. A quicker climb to 1000 after the success of Action Comics/Detective Comics.
    It's a good idea, but I'm not sure I would want it to be an annual thing, it would dilute the magic and the stories could detoriate

I wouldn't mind just seeing Zub or Ewing put back on an ongoing Avengers book though. Both have gaps in their workload right now, as Ewing used to be on four Marvel books at the same time (and is now just doing one, Immortal Hulk) and Zub just finished his creator owned series Wayward (meaning his only active ongoing is Champions).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ewing needs to go save the X-Men.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Ewing should get his hands on The Defenders full-time. Maybe “The Best Defense” is a tester to see if it could work.