Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Gonna get my garlic and stakes together to fight off all classic Defenders relaunches.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Why is that if you don’t mind me asking??

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't mind just seeing Zub or Ewing put back on an ongoing Avengers book though. Both have gaps in their workload right now, as Ewing used to be on four Marvel books at the same time (and is now just doing one, Immortal Hulk) and Zub just finished his creator owned series Wayward (meaning his only active ongoing is Champions).
    I would be in favour of that. Ewing already has experience with the Avengers and had a lot of great ideas. And while Uncanny Avengers run of Zub was very brief (as it started during the Secret Empire's tie-in), it was really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Why is that if you don’t mind me asking??
    I want them to take another swing at the street-level Defenders again. Maybe with Soule or Duggan or something. Add Falcon, Strange, Misty, Moon Knight, Colleen, etc. I'm also generally not the biggest fan of classic Defenders and that OG lineup. But if Best Defense does spin off into an ongoing, that's cool. Good books are good books.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want them to take another swing at the street-level Defenders again. Maybe with Soule or Duggan or something. Add Falcon, Strange, Misty, Moon Knight, Colleen, etc. I'm also generally not the biggest fan of classic Defenders and that OG lineup. But if Best Defense does spin off into an ongoing, that's cool. Good books are good books.
    While I'm not a fan of the Heroes for Hire being called Defenders, Netflix synergy be damned, I do prefer a lower powered Defenders, where 'big guns' include people like Valkyrie, Hellstrom and the Gargoyle, and there's room for weaker or even powerless people like Hellcat and Candy Southern. If the team needs a real powerhouse, throw that Eternal dude in there (whose name I have forgotten, Dragon Circle? Worldwalker? Whatever.), or Moondragon!

Too often, 'the Defenders' are seen as the Hulk (who should be an elemental force of destruction, not the strong guy on a super-team), Dr. Strange (who is the man standing between our dimension and Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, etc. and has a WAY more important role to play than 'guy who teleports the others around'), Namor (who is freaking King of Atlantis, and should spend some time actually doing that job and flitting about the surface world) and the Silver Surfer (who doesn't belong on Earth, at all, being pretty much the poster-child for 'cosmic hero'). They all have more important things to be doing, some (Dr. Strange, for whom a break to go super-heroing is an existential threat to our universe!) more than others.

Zub has actually named the roster he'd pick if he got to do Avengers again.

Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Voodoo, Hawkeye, Vision, Hercules, Synapse. Which is five from his Uncanny team, two from Waid's, plus one from Occupy.

http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/181000...of-those-super
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Voodoo, Hawkeye, Vision, Hercules, Synapse. Which is five from his Uncanny team, two from Waid's, plus one from Occupy.

I like it. I would like it to be real. Rogue being there would have made it even better but this is also a very solid line up.

It's a cool roster, I would buy a book like that.

Call that West Coast Avengers and I would be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I like it. I would like it to be real. Rogue being there would have made it even better but this is also a very solid line up.
    It's obvious why he omitted her. Mr and Mrs X. Human Torch was subbed out for the same reason, the fact he's already in a book (Fantastic Four).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's obvious why he omitted her. Mr and Mrs X. Human Torch was subbed out for the same reason, the fact he's already in a book (Fantastic Four).
    hmmmm. it's like he actually gave a realistic answer to a book that may even end up happening next year.

oh my

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Ewing should get his hands on The Defenders full-time. Maybe “The Best Defense” is a tester to see if it could work.
    This. Maybe stuck Zub on a Savage Namor series too. I’d rather see Ewing on Doctor Strange. His take on The Hulk has been magical, and him, with Mike Del Mundo on art, would be amazing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well, Zdarsky did last week's Namor: Best Defense, and he's also writing Invaders, which of course features the Submariner as well. Namor's already spoken for.

Avengers No Road Home #1 variant cover by Adam Hughes.

The legacy numbering has apparently been switched, instead of interrupting Aaron's, it's now in the mid 100s (can't make out the exact number as it's blurry). New Avengers, I think. Could that title be relaunching after the 10 part weekly ends, then?

The legacy numbering has apparently been switched, instead of interrupting Aaron's, it's now in the mid 100s (can't make out the exact number as it's blurry). New Avengers, I think. Could that title be relaunching after the 10 part weekly ends, then?
    It's #166, with the last 165 being every issue of New Avengers plus No Surrender which is clusterscrewy because 2005 New Avengers and No Surrender are part of the main series numbering which is why Legacy numbering is extremely stupid and people are wrong for wanting it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate