Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It's nice to see more classic Avengers in the spotlight, although I wish this was an ongoing instead of a mini .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see more classic Avengers in the spotlight, although I wish this was an ongoing instead of a mini .
    Maybe the mini will launch some sort of secondary title afterwards. I sort of doubt they're doing an Avengers event just for the heck of it.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really enjoyed No Surrender so I'm happy to see this. And I like how Hercules-centric the preview is. Hopefully this new series does a little better of a job of spotlighting individual characters.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

No Surrender was everything an Avengers book needs to be, so I'm pretty excited for this. Also, it seems like weekly comics is the new gimmick to sell. I get why Marvel is doing it, but it can get expensive for some people.

Anyway, I love the covers. Love the Hercules focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Here's the interior:

Yay for greek mythology! I also noticed that the cover for #2 seems to hint at some eastern asian mythology, with the samurai looking dude and geisha looking woman. I wonder if there's a multicultural mythology theme going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They might not want an ongoing right now with such a big team and a big story like that, as it could overshadow Aaron's Avengers, who're being pushed as the main team and all that.

This is pretty exciting. I really enjoyed No Surrender and having a smaller cast should help any problems it had when it came to focus and trying to give everyone something to do.

Between these continuity heavy writers, the Greek Pantheon and Monica Rambeau, I'm betting that this is at least somewhat influenced by the "Assault on Olympus" storyline.

Astonishing Member

I am thrilled for this, and having Spectrum and Hercules in the cast is awesome news for me! Rocket Raccoon joining the Avengers is just weird though....he hates Earth; why is he returning to Earth and joining one of their teams? I'll be curious to see what the reason for that is.

So we know so far that Hercules, Spectrum, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Rocket Raccoon are in it. I wonder how many others are as well? I am hoping for Lightning--the "No Surrender" storyline did such a great job of reintroducing Miguel and making him cool for new readers that it is a shame he hasn't been used since. I've got several others I'd like to see as well, of course, but Lightning is certainly the one I would be most pleased to see these guys revisit.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'll check this out because of Monica. I wonder if Ewing will build on Monica's connection to the Celestials in this series? (Probably not.) Anyway, I guess it's time for a story arc featuring the Greek gods. Wish we could get one that reimagines the Gods of Heliopolis. But I'll take whatever I can get.

Edit: Wait, Rocket and the Hulk are in this series? On second thought...
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-07-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Rocket joining the Avengers isn't interesting, it's synergy

Yay for Monica!

But can we get Wasp and Mockingbird back on the team at some point?...

The only turn offs for me are Hulk and Rocket's presence in the team. I think those spots would have been better occupied by other characters (maybe other participants of No Surrender), or other forgotten Avengers like Firebird (with Hercules as a centric character, it would be interesting to explore Bonita's immortality)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'll check this out because of Monica. I wonder if Ewing will build on Monica's connection to the Celestials in this series? (Probably not.) Anyway, I guess it's time for a story arc featuring the Greek gods. Wish we could get one that reimagines the Gods of Heliopolis. But I'll take whatever I can get.

Edit: Wait, Rocket and the Hulk are in this series? On second thought...
    That's obviously Ewing's idea, as he's Hulk's current writer and wrote Rocket's last solo. Spectrum is his as well, last appeared in Ultimates. Hercules and Vision are Waid's, from his old Avengers team. Scarlet Witch is Zub's, from his Uncanny Avengers. Hawkeye is an odd inclusion as he's currently on the West Coast team.

As for why Rocket's on Earth, his GOTG team are disbanded (though a new one will exist by then) and I would guess he's stranded again.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is the gal in yellow with the white hair, Voyager?

Yes, it is. You didn't read No Surrender?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, it is. You didn't read No Surrender?
    Yes, I read No Surrender. Even bought it in hardcover. Last time I saw her she was doing guard on the Challenger.

Well, you shouldn't have had to ask who she is then!