Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Well, if Monica gets to be named the goddess of light as the replacement for (whoever in the pantheon that was bumped off), that would be a cool development, to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Well, if Monica gets to be named the goddess of light as the replacement for (whoever in the pantheon that was bumped off), that would be a cool development, to me..
    I think in Greek mythology the god of light is Apollo.

Wakandans called Monica a goddess back in the day, so ya never know.

Preview for the second issue here:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The preview implies that she might be turning the Greek Gods into servants rather than killing them. So they might stick around.

Either way, I hope Ares pops up again sooner or later.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I really like Nyx's design. Also, it seems kinda odd that the Olypian's were defeated so easily let alone Zeus of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I really like Nyx's design. Also, it seems kinda odd that the Olypian's were defeated so easily let alone Zeus of all people.
    Zeus is much weaker than Nyx in mythology so I guess they took it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    that's true, I just hope at some point that the greek gods recover, I dont enjoy seeing huge chunk of marvel universe wiped away like this, soon they are going to run out of stuff to kill
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    that's true, I just hope at some point that the greek gods recover, I dont enjoy seeing huge chunk of marvel universe wiped away like this, soon they are going to run out of stuff to kill
    Norse Gods are next on the list.

it's Aaron thing to do.

Aaron's Thor run won't be continuing very long beyond War of the Realms.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    “Great Jove, awaking, shook the blest abodes
    With rising wrath, and tumbled gods on gods;
    Me chief he sought, and from the realms on high
    Had hurl’d indignant to the nether sky,
    But gentle Night, to whom I fled for aid,
    (The friend of earth and heaven,) her wings display’d;
    Impower’d the wrath of gods and men to tame,
    Even Jove revered the venerable dame.”
    ~Homer, The Iliad, Book XIV

The above passage is, of course, Hypnos the god of slumber -- and one of her sons -- recounting to Hera how it was none other than Nyx ("gentle Night") who saved him from the ass kicking that Zeus ("Jove") was about to give him. Nyx is the perfect villain for this or any story. Although in truth, I find it difficult to consider her evil in the classic sense. She is the daughter of Chaos, and one of the few primordial beings to whom both men and gods alike were subject. She is all powerful and truly eternal (there is a mythical telling or two where she supposedly chained Kronos -- the personification of Time -- to her wall). Nothing she does should be perceived in simple terms of good and evil. It will be interesting to see Waid and Ewing's endgame.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Glad there’s no mention of Ares here. Hopefully he may appear but we’ll see.

There’s something about Voyager that I really, really like and I’m not even sure what it is. Hope she’s a constant recurring character when it comes to Avengers. She’s almost like a modern version of what Vision began as.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Glad there’s no mention of Ares here. Hopefully he may appear but we’ll see.

There’s something about Voyager that I really, really like and I’m not even sure what it is. Hope she’s a constant recurring character when it comes to Avengers. She’s almost like a modern version of what Vision began as.
    Ares really is such a glaring ommision though. You'd think he would have made Voyagers list. Granted her list might have been cut short by Hercules wanting to rush to Olympus but still...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ares really is such a glaring ommision though. You'd think he would have made Voyagers list. Granted her list might have been cut short by Hercules wanting to rush to Olympus but still...
    There’s still chance for him to apppear. Or at least chance for a passing comment that explains why he isn’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    There’s still chance for him to apppear. Or at least chance for a passing comment that explains why he isn’t there.
    Since Nyx just seemed to appear on Olympus itself only the Gods who were there may have been in the firing line. This would mean that Pluto and Persephone could have survived due to being in the Underworld and last I checked wasnt Ares apart of the Champions of Europe and so may have not been there either.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    “Great Jove, awaking, shook the blest abodes
    With rising wrath, and tumbled gods on gods;
    Me chief he sought, and from the realms on high
    Had hurl’d indignant to the nether sky,
    But gentle Night, to whom I fled for aid,
    (The friend of earth and heaven,) her wings display’d;
    Impower’d the wrath of gods and men to tame,
    Even Jove revered the venerable dame.”
    ~Homer, The Iliad, Book XIV

The above passage is, of course, Hypnos the god of slumber -- and one of her sons -- recounting to Hera how it was none other than Nyx ("gentle Night") who saved him from the ass kicking that Zeus ("Jove") was about to give him. Nyx is the perfect villain for this or any story. Although in truth, I find it difficult to consider her evil in the classic sense. She is the daughter of Chaos, and one of the few primordial beings to whom both men and gods alike were subject. She is all powerful and truly eternal (there is a mythical telling or two where she supposedly chained Kronos -- the personification of Time -- to her wall). Nothing she does should be perceived in simple terms of good and evil. It will be interesting to see Waid and Ewing's endgame.
    interesting.

considering that Thor, Odin and pretty much everything in their mythos is ruined (to quote my friend War of the Realms = The Official Marvel Asgardian Parody), they should delve more in Greek or Roman mythology.