Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

These Olympian designs seem so boring after seeing the ones Cliff Chiang did for Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ares really is such a glaring ommision though. You'd think he would have made Voyagers list. Granted her list might have been cut short by Hercules wanting to rush to Olympus but still...
    Yeah, Va Nee definitely intended to recruit a few more Avengers. And she didn't choose Hawkeye or Rocket.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    interesting.

considering that Thor, Odin and pretty much everything in their mythos is ruined (to quote my friend War of the Realms = The Official Marvel Asgardian Parody), they should delve more in Greek or Roman mythology.
    Marvel has pretty much adapted all of the myths in one way or another. Thanks to Hercules -- and to a lesser extent, Namor -- Marvel has depicted many of the Greco-Roman gods in one form or another. Jack Kirby would later create the Eternals in part to adapt and subsume many of the events and adventures credited to all pantheons of gods. I suspect that Marvel never really cared that much about the other pantheons, but given that they were public domain characters, it couldn't hurt to integrate them into Marvel canon. It will be interesting to see if Marvel is willing to challenge DC's lore as it pertains to the Greco-Roman gods. You can knock DC about a bunch of things, but I think what they did with the Greco-Roman gods is pretty darn impressive.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Va Nee definitely intended to recruit a few more Avengers. And she didn't choose Hawkeye or Rocket.
    Funny that Hulk basically chose both to tag along, whether they wanted to or not.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Marvel has pretty much adapted all of the myths in one way or another. Thanks to Hercules -- and to a lesser extent, Namor -- Marvel has depicted many of the Greco-Roman gods in one form or another. Jack Kirby would later create the Eternals in part to adapt and subsume many of the events and adventures credited to all pantheons of gods. I suspect that Marvel never really cared that much about the other pantheons, but given that they were public domain characters, it couldn't hurt to integrate them into Marvel canon. It will be interesting to see if Marvel is willing to challenge DC's lore as it pertains to the Greco-Roman gods. You can knock DC about a bunch of things, but I think what they did with the Greco-Roman gods is pretty darn impressive.
    oh yeah Ik but I really want them to go deeper with it but not to screw it up.

We know No Road Home takes place before GOTG #1 (it said so on the character recap page), and GOTG #2 has Kitty Pryde in it, so that must be before Uncanny X-Men Disassembled. And since the new UXM team are involved in War of the Realms, that means No Road Home ends well before WOTR begins. And the Champions find out about Disassembled next issue (#3), which means that's also after No Road Home. Has GOTG using Kitty accidentally revealed Vision's survival? If he was to die, how would Champions be able to avoid spoiling it? Viv not finding out straight away makes no sense, she wouldn't carry on as normal. That means he must survive.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Avengers: No Road Home #2 Makes a Major Change to Hawkeye (Spoilers)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    wow. we'll see how they handle this. Especially in this era of representation concerns, do they stick with "that", or do they eventually reverse it?

They make mechanical releases to help archers with grip problems already.

Heck, for some compound bows with extremely short limbs they're practically required even if you don't have any trouble with you're grip.

Edit: Though honestly, he probably doesn't even need that. The biggest problem would be drawing and nocking arrows. Which would be a pain, but nothing beyond Clint's ability to learn to do as quickly as when he had his thumb.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 02-20-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wow. we'll see how they handle this. Especially in this era of representation concerns, do they stick with "that", or do they eventually reverse it?
    The Pym particle canister Wanda returned to him in issue 1 is a Chekov's Gun. Clint will decide to become Goliath again at some point, because he can't use his bow properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Pym particle canister Wanda returned to him in issue 1 is a Chekov's Gun. Clint will decide to become Goliath again at some point, because he can't use his bow properly.
    Sigh. So we are going to have to add archer along with speedsters to the list of things Marvel is bad at now? It's bad enough that we had to hang our head in shame when the Flash ran by. Now we are giving up ground to Green Arrow? Marvel's bench isn't very deep when it comes to archers. In the DC universe Kate Bishop is two steps below Roy Harper.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Didn’t enjoy this issue half as much as the first one, but im assuming this issue was just to move the pieces around for the bulk of the rest of the story.
    Interested to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    spoilers:
    He'll probably have his thumb back once he escapes Nightmare's realm.
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really, really liked this as a Clint spotlight.

spoilers:
    I also kind of suspect that what happened to Clint might not be real; it's a little too perfect how he ended up in a hospital bed. Especially considering that one of the shards is supposed to be in a place of "dreams." edit: mugiwara beat me to it lmao
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by responsarbre; 02-21-2019 at 04:09 AM.

damn, Nyx is OP asf and that's her at her weakest.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-21-2019 at 12:57 PM.