Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It doesn't make sense that Zeus fell to Nyx so easily now that her power has been split and strewn across all creation. Whatever the state of affairs for other gods, Zeus is still a skyfather, matched by few other beings in the multiverse. I don't see Odin falling to a split Nyx, let alone Zeus. I guess we just have to roll with it. I just hope that they're not setting us up for a lame explanation at the end.

One other thing that doesn't make sense concerns Nyx's origin story. She completely skipped over the Titans and went straight to Zeus. Zeus is many things, but he's never been the God of Light. The Light existed long before he was born. And Nyx's kingdom in the myths also predates Zeus' establishing the gods' home atop Mount Olympus. Maybe Hickman and Ewing need to do a little research on that point? The Titans had their own shining city at Mount Othrys before Zeus and the gang were conceived. And the Titanomachy -- the battle of the Titans vs. Zeus and his siblings -- was an event to end all events. I can't believe she wouldn't mention it at all. Perhaps Nyx is confused? Perhaps it's the Titans that should be the subjects of Nyx's anger?
    Hickman? What does he have to do with this? Waid and Zub are the other writers on this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would it be a bolder move to leave the Olympian pantheon dead (except Hercules), or to "reboot" them? If they are rebooted, should they be "modernized"? (open interpretation)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Another nice issue.
    For some reason, I’m not as invested in this story as much as I was with No Surrender. That could be because I prefer more scifi elements than I do mythological.
    Same here. No Surrender was more to my taste as mythology just isn't quite as appealing to me.

That said, this is still a fun, well-crafted book. The last page of this week's issue was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Would it be a bolder move to leave the Olympian pantheon dead (except Hercules), or to "reboot" them? If they are rebooted, should they be "modernized"? (open interpretation)
    If I've learned anything from the Wonder Woman franchise, it's that any attempts to modernize or kill off the Greek pantheon will eventually be ignored and rebooted back to classical togas

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    give Aaron a few chapters to write.

you'll wish they reboot them.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hickman? What does he have to do with this? Waid and Zub are the other writers on this.
    I have Hickman on the brain. My bad.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The actual Titans(not Titan Eternals) are hardly shown in Marvel Comics I think.
    There are a few here and there. But Marvel's heavy focus on Asgardian tales likely explains why they rarely discuss the Greco-Roman chaps.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If I've learned anything from the Wonder Woman franchise, it's that any attempts to modernize or kill off the Greek pantheon will eventually be ignored and rebooted back to classical togas
    This. Most myths are unmined territory at Marvel. Killing them off will just result in someone reintroducing them.

If that wasn't the case, I'd vote for a shared mythology that combines elements of all of Earth's pantheons into one. In fact, I thought that's what the Thor 300 was going to bring us waaaaaay back when -- the Celestials decimating 99% of Earth's pantheons of Gods, leaving only a handful left to create a new combined pantheon.

~James Baldwin

A cover for Avengers: No Road Home #6
    D1JJdXVXcAEbecq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    A cover for Avengers: No Road Home #6
    D1JJdXVXcAEbecq.jpg
    That's an odd assemblage.

Well people were saying those two would die (no point in spoiler tagging that as the url gives it away and a spoiler tag doesn't hide urls, so
    there's nothing you could've done other than not post it)... but I think it'll be undone. Issue 5? Too early, considering later covers. If it happened in issue 10 I'd be more inclined to think it would stick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Another great issue. Things are getting more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Another great issue. Things are getting more serious.
    Co-sign. Hopefully Ewing will get put on more big projects.