Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE...

Peace

Herc won't be dying, it seems. He's confirmed to be in next month's Unstoppable Wasp (makes sense, as he was on Nadia's Avengers team).
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1114188216960262144
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE, PLEASE, DON'T LET HERCULES DIE...

Peace
    I told you, it's either going to be Vision or Monica. My bet is Monica. In the span of a couple of issues, she has gone from loving the fact that she's immortal, to despising it...all without really knowing what it entails.

Monica will probably sacrifice herself to restore the gods. (To be reincarnated later as a teenage fan of Carol.) When Blue Marvel finds out that Monica died, he'll go nuts and kill Nyx. But in doing so, he'll find out the hard way that there must always be Night as an integral cosmic pillar of the multiverse. To remedy the loss of Nyx, Blue Marvel becomes Father Night. ~ The End ~
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-05-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Herc won't be dying, it seems. He's confirmed to be in next month's Unstoppable Wasp (makes sense, as he was on Nadia's Avengers team).
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1114188216960262144
    That actually doesn't prove anything in terms of whether or not Herc survives this series. Just because one book hits the stands before the other one does doesn't mean that the stories take place in that order -- for example, the recent X-MEN: WINTER'S END one-shot takes place before the "X-Men Disassembled" arc, but came out two months after the 10 part storyline had concluded. And given that UNSTOPPABLE WASP #6 and 7 were both pushed back a couple of months due to delays, they were actually originally intended to have been released already.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I told you, it's either going to be Vision or Monica. My bet is Monica. In the span of a couple of issues, she has gone from loving the fact that she's immortal, to despising it...all without really knowing what it entails.
    Technically, we don't know that any Avenger is going to die. The solicit asks "will an Avenger die in the attempt"--it doesn't say for certain that an Avenger will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That actually doesn't prove anything in terms of whether or not Herc survives this series. Just because one book hits the stands before the other one does doesn't mean that the stories take place in that order -- for example, the recent X-MEN: WINTER'S END one-shot takes place before the "X-Men Disassembled" arc, but came out two months after the 10 part storyline had concluded. And given that UNSTOPPABLE WASP #6 and 7 were both pushed back a couple of months due to delays, they were actually originally intended to have been released already.

Technically, we don't know that any Avenger is going to die. The solicit asks "will an Avenger die in the attempt"--it doesn't say for certain that an Avenger will die.
    From Hawkeyes hand to Vision and Herc supposedly being ashed by Nyx, it's pretty clear this entire series is one fake out after another. It's doing a pretty good job of convincing me not to worry about what happens next. Course, maybe that's by design...

it seems Hercules switched placed with Odin and Thor.

he stopped drinking while Odin (and Thor last year) are getting themselves drunk to death and being stupid.

nice development for Hercules.

I do'nt know... If Hercules doesn't drink and boast anymore, what is left of him? A good guy who as some guilt issues and who wants to help? Like all other super heroes?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I do'nt know... If Hercules doesn't drink and boast anymore, what is left of him? A good guy who as some guilt issues and who wants to help? Like all other super heroes?
    yeah, that's true in a way.

Well, Herc kind of is the original superhero.

Monica will probably sacrifice herself to restore the gods. (To be reincarnated later as a teenage fan of Carol.) When Blue Marvel finds out that Monica died, he'll go nuts and kill Nyx. But in doing so, he'll find out the hard way that there must always be Night as an integral cosmic pillar of the multiverse. To remedy the loss of Nyx, Blue Marvel becomes Father Night. ~ The End ~
    Teenage fan of Carol? So basically Kamala Khan? If you was thinking of movie synergy there, think again - Monica's a kid in the 90s set Captain Marvel movie, so she'd be her familiar adult self in the sequel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I know. But it's fun stirring the pot and keeping the drama going.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...o-road-home-9/

This preview looks great.

spoilers:
    For fans who missed Lightning after No Surrender its a nice surprise to see him in the penultimate issue of No Road Home, and so is seeing Aikku in a new Pod suit.

I've been missing Blue Marvel and Toni since their brief appearance at the beginning of the series.

I guess 2019 is the year of Bill the Lobster
    end of spoilers
    I always wondered why there isn't a Justice League International at Marvel. Even all of the various alternate Earth Squadron Supremes never really took it to that level. Always wanted to see something like that.

~James Baldwin

I always wondered why there isn't a Justice League International at Marvel. Even all of the various alternate Earth Squadron Supremes never really took it to that level. Always wanted to see something like that.
    Blue Marvel seemingly called the international group of heros Avengers World. Maybe this is planting the seeds of some sort of spin off title. Avengers World makes for a descent enough name for an international superhero team.

I hope you're right. Herc is my favorite in this team, but I really like pretty much the whole line-up. Monica, Clint, Vizh, all of them. Of the whole bunch, I'd say Wanda is my least favorite, and considering what they've put her through in the last decade or so, I doubt they are going to kill her.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I hope you're right. Herc is my favorite in this team, but I really like pretty much the whole line-up. Monica, Clint, Vizh, all of them. Of the whole bunch, I'd say Wanda is my least favorite, and considering what they've put her through in the last decade or so, I doubt they are going to kill her.

Peace
    Nice thing about a good percentage of this group is that they're easy to kill because they're easy to bring back. Hulk, Herc, Vision and Monica are all sort of immortal in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Blue Marvel seemingly called the international group of heros Avengers World. Maybe this is planting the seeds of some sort of spin off title. Avengers World makes for a descent enough name for an international superhero team.
    In a book called No Road Home, I'm thinking Blue Marvel should have been singing "Old Town Road" as he headed into battle, instead of shouting, "Avengers World Assemble!" But that's just me.

Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.

~James Baldwin