Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I do'nt know... If Hercules doesn't drink and boast anymore, what is left of him?
    He basically becomes the Herc of that 90s tv series.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ah yeah, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, starring Kevin Sorbo who was later the lead in Andromeda, and which introduced Xena Warrior Princess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I do'nt know... If Hercules doesn't drink and boast anymore, what is left of him? A good guy who as some guilt issues and who wants to help? Like all other super heroes?
    He is trying to live up to his own reputation. He still has a bit of his swagger as shown when he made voyager charge to olympus before they were ready.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How exactly does a witch seek revenge?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    How exactly does a witch seek revenge?
    Usually, anonymously, really quiet like, without you knowing that they're the reason why your life is suddenly plagued with calamity after calamity. Historically, a known witch was a dead witch, so they had to keep their mischief a secret.

But I guess Wanda is going with the Hyborean Age perception of witches. In just about every sword and sorcery tale, mystics practiced openly and were not often crossed by normal mortals for a reason. That said, no witch was more vindictive than a Greco-Roman god. They were beyond petty and cruel, when they wanted to be.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...o-road-home-9/

This preview looks great.

spoilers:
    For fans who missed Lightning after No Surrender its a nice surprise to see him in the penultimate issue of No Road Home, and so is seeing Aikku in a new Pod suit.

I've been missing Blue Marvel and Toni since their brief appearance at the beginning of the series.

I guess 2019 is the year of Bill the Lobster
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Avengers World trio of America, Blue Marvel & Lightning is brilliant. Toni is pretty busy with R.E.S.C.U.E and now the Daughters of Liberty, and I would have thought that G.I.R.L + the Champions would keep Nadia busy, so I must admit I'm surprised to see them. I love Pod, but I preferred her last armor with the more sleek design & white coloring. I've no idea why Gomi + Bill the Lobster were pulled from obscurity.

I'd have happily taken America Chavez, Blue Marvel and Lightning with some combination of Falcon, Jocasta, Manifold, Quicksilver, Red Wolf, Shang-Chi, Silk, Songbird & Tigra. That would be one badass team. I'm still very excited to see if anything is done with No Road Home roster post-event because these characters are way too good to pass up. It looks like Rocket may still be present over in GotG but idk if that's before or after events here. Everyone else's fate is questionable, other than Hulk who has his own ongoing series ofc.

Euphoria asking the wants of the gathered heroes is a really nice touch too, and gives some insight into their mindset and motivations.
    end of spoilers

^spoilers:
    Nadia was actually already a Champion during No Surrender (Cyclops appearing in Avengers #675 was an error and should've been Ironheart, as Champions later revealed that No Surrender takes place after issue 21, and Nadia and Riri joined in the Champion for a Day arc, issues 16-18, which Cyclops left at the conclusion of). If Waid's Avengers team hadn't disbanded she'd still be juggling both teams!

No Road Home #1 is explicitly set before GOTG #1. So any appearance from Rocket in Guardians is after No Road Home.

Shang-Chi will be in War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas, before co-starring in Sword Master, a spin-off about a Chinese teenaged NAoA recruit.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^spoilers:
    Nadia was actually already a Champion during No Surrender (Cyclops appearing in Avengers #675 was an error and should've been Ironheart, as Champions later revealed that No Surrender takes place after issue 21, and Nadia and Riri joined in the Champion for a Day arc, issues 16-18, which Cyclops left at the conclusion of). If Waid's Avengers team hadn't disbanded she'd still be juggling both teams!

No Road Home #1 is explicitly set before GOTG #1. So any appearance from Rocket in Guardians is after No Road Home.

Shang-Chi will be in War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas, before co-starring in Sword Master, a spin-off about a Chinese teenaged NAoA recruit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Huh. I didn't actually think about how that lined up with her other appearances. It's crazy how busy Nadia seems to be, especially with Janet relatively inactive these days outside of the Agents of Wakanda splinter team and being apart of the Nadia supporting cast.

Oh? How did we learn that? And if you're right, I guess that rules out Rocket sticking around as an Avenger.

I'm aware. Not quite as exciting as being on an Avengers team if you ask me, but thanks for filling in people who mightn't have been aware of his whereabouts.
    end of spoilers

How did we learn that? Backmatter of No Road Home #1.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Man, this issue is great! Here's just some general thoughts

-Nice to see Hercules getting some nice character development, as well as knowing everyone's persona desires. You can truly get a sense of their characters.
    -Seems like everyone is getting their wish granted? Hawkeye got his perfect shot, Rocket got his weapon, Conan wanted Vision to fight for his life, and Nyx got her godesshood back.
    -Based on the script for this run at the end of the issue, the house that's apparently the "core of creation" is called the "House of Ideas" ironically. This awesomely meta, and fits perfectly within the hypercrisis. Also, it appears to be the same house from Marvel 1985!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hard to believe we're down to the last issue. I hope that they keep Nyx around.

This issue was just ok for me. In the penultimate issue I don't need a breakdown of every character's motivations. I prefer major pyrotechnics, which ultimately cascade into the denouement. Euphoria sounds like a very nice creation, but someone should have made the hard call to leave that idea on the cutting room floor. Nyx is apparently a universal, if not omniversal being. Monica is also potentially a universal/omniversal entity and and immortal. Voyager has universal significance. So why bother introducing a planet that grants wishes? Surely, some of those wishes would be beyond the planet's ability to grant. But whatever.

Lastly, I am still having trouble with the scaling of Nyx's powers. She destroyed the Olympians and Zeus without having any of the shards. But somehow this small band of Avengers with Conan, Rocket and The One Arrow Archer in tow still has an opportunity to foil her. I don't get it. Like I said, I hope that they keep Nyx around. I hope they aren't setting us up for a less than epic ending.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Really liked Herc's confession/desire. Marvel should do (another) 12 issue series with a "great" creative team.

The premise of the last series was very good. Couple this with his desire in A:NRH and you got great story potential.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Actually hope they can do another weekly event next year. Been really digging it.

Incredible Member

I do'nt know... If Hercules doesn't drink and boast anymore, what is left of him? A good guy who as some guilt issues and who wants to help? Like all other super heroes?
    While I do appreciate this musing, less focus should be placed on it which, to be fair, has been the case since his last series.

Herc's drunkenness and boasts became a bit much and he became the court jester/oaf.

That's what he was known for and the the "Legend" was put on the back-burner.

A healthy balance is needed. You want someone who would be great fun to have on a pub-crawl but smite a Minotaur if things got outta hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Hard to believe we're down to the last issue. I hope that they keep Nyx around.

This issue was just ok for me. In the penultimate issue I don't need a breakdown of every character's motivations. I prefer major pyrotechnics, which ultimately cascade into the denouement. Euphoria sounds like a very nice creation, but someone should have made the hard call to leave that idea on the cutting room floor. Nyx is apparently a universal, if not omniversal being. Monica is also potentially a universal/omniversal entity and and immortal. Voyager has universal significance. So why bother introducing a planet that grants wishes? Surely, some of those wishes would be beyond the planet's ability to grant. But whatever.
    That planet was actually created by Dan Slott in his Silver Surfer series, it wasn't an idea created for this book.