Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Based on the last page, it's pretty clear the team is getting back together again for another tale next year. I don't know if I'll be as eager to jump in again next time around but we'll see.
    You're not alone. I doubt I'll pick up anything from this creative team or group of Avengers. Espcially, if Conan somehow gets roped into joining.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You're not alone. I doubt I'll pick up anything from this creative team or group of Avengers. Espcially, if Conan somehow gets roped into joining.
    I found Conan's use very irritating

I'm not against the creators, but it did fall off second half

I might go trade in future, see how things end first

It was longer than it needed by about three issues imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 04-18-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Any scans out there in fandom land, showing all the cameo appearances?
    So many pages had cameos that we can't post them all in the same place. It's literally most of the first half of the issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So many pages had cameos that we can't post them all in the same place. It's literally most of the first half of the issue.
    She-Hulk almost got a full page cameo. It was almost as if it was a rebuke to the characters current appearance.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I really loved the whole series, and especially the final issue. I smiled the whole time I read it. It kinda gave me Kree-Skrull War/ Rick Jones-Destiny Force vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post

Because The Forgotten One is a horrible Avengers from one of the worst runs, I'm okay with them over writing the Olympians because the only thing different about them was how they were reborn.

You can't even call this synergy since Jason Aaron pulled off a Bendis and killed off all the Eternals off panel.
    The Forgotten One could be Hercules with a blank slate. People argue that Herc should be bi despite his history as a renown womanizer (in the comics at least). Well, Gilgamesh could be gay if a writer wanted so, and there would be no history to dispute that ( I'd even go as far as say that his appearance in a Captain America annual back in the day gave me that distinct impression. But I could be reading too much between the lines). All the Eternals have that advantage. Or had, until they were Alpha Flighted.

Peace

Alpha Flighted?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alpha Flighted?
    Taken out off panel ala New Avengers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Monica's powers are still OP and the only power she does not have is immorality,so i would not say her powers were vastly reduced.
    She was always planetary level and still is.

She still has most of her powers like light speed,energy projection etc..
    Looking at feats and updated marvel wiki power levels info bio she was never above normal thor,normal hulk,superman,green lantern,wonder woman,blue marvel,sentry,invisible girl,nova(sam and richard)the thing,hulkbuster iron man,hercules,namor,binary,hyperion,silver surfer she-hulk or thanos in power for example.

She is above storm,captain marvel,current rogue and the vision.
    Power wise if she even with added immorality she always close to the doctor lights of dc,(the male and the female asian one).

Tiers
    Planetary level types-invisible girl,the thing,carol?
    Moon level types- storm

Below moon level-carol?

Above Planetary -blue marvel,sentry,hyperion,she-hulk,thanos,hulk,superman,current sunspot,thor,binary,hercules,hulkbuster ironman,namor,nova(sam and richard),silver surfer,wonder woman,green lantern.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-18-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Her powers are still OP and the only power she does not have is immorality,so i would not say her powers were vastly reduced.
    She was always planetary level and still is.
    She was never above thor,normal hulk,superman,green lnatern,blue marvel,sentry,invisible girl,the thing,hulkbuster iron man,hercules,namor,binary,hyperion or thanos in power for examples.
    She is above storm and the vision.
    The difference between mortal and immortal alone is vast. It's as simple as that. I imagine you are young and full of vigor, so you don't see it yet. But just ask any old person that you know. Even as early as the late 30s mortals feel the ebb of time. Hearing, response time, recovery time, aches and pains that you never had previously, mental acuity that is more and more burdened and less agile and readily retrieved . All of that and more starts to hit you and the fact that you're getting older is unmistakable. Now imagine a mind and body that will never do that. One that is self-replenishing and self-renewing for ever ad infinitum. Monica ran from her immortality without really knowing what it means to be mortal.

The fact of the matter is, we don't yet know what her current power levels are. She only indicated that she had exhausted "most" of her power, connoting greater than 75% of her power. Even in her "OP" form, Monica wasn't omnipotent. A drastic reduction in her powers could very well leave her below characters that she easily surpassed before Blue Marvel enhanced her. We'll have to wait and see the next time she appears in a title. According to those in favor of the power reduction, this move will help her be used more often. So maybe we'll find out soon.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-18-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I spent ~$40 to see Monica get vastly reduced in power, see Zeus be resurrected as a blue-skinned god, and watch Conan frolic in the Savage Land. What a waste.

Whoever said that Marvel Comics stories are as great as they've ever been, well, don't go submitting this series as Exhibit A. You've been warned.
    Well I mean, I hugely disagree. This was a fantastic ending ending and a great tribute to Stan Lee/Jack Kirby. Ewing's confirmed to be writing something in less than a year involving Hercules so I'm hyped as hell.

Extraordinary Member

The difference between mortal and immortal alone is vast. It's as simple as that. I imagine you are young and full of vigor, so you don't see it yet. But just ask any old person that you know. Even as early as the late 30s mortals feel the ebb of time. Hearing, response time, recovery time, aches and pains that you never had previously, mental acuity that is more and more burdened and less agile and readily retrieved . All of that and more starts to hit you and the fact that you're getting older is unmistakable. Now imagine a mind and body that will never do that. One that is self-replenishing and self-renewing for ever ad infinitum. Monica ran from her immortality without really knowing what it means to be mortal.

The fact of the matter is, we don't yet know what her current power levels are. She only indicated that she had exhausted "most" of her power, connoting greater than 75% of her power. Even in her "OP" form, Monica wasn't omnipotent. A drastic reduction in her powers could very well leave her below characters that she easily surpassed before Blue Marvel enhanced her. We'll have to wait and see the next time she appears in a title. According to those in favor of the power reduction, this move will help her be used more often. So maybe we'll find out soon.
    I edited the reply above.
    Immortality would not take her to power tier 4,she was always power tier 5,below thor,wonder woman,nova etc,so i don't think Immortality vastly made her more powerful looking at feats etc...
    She could live forever if still had her Immortality but most of her powers is still there and i bet on the same levels.
    Even when she immortal she was never on the same level has hulkbuster ironman or terrax or current sunspot for example.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-18-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I edited the reply above.
    Immortality would not take her to power tier 4,she was always power tier 5,below thor,wonder woman,nova etc,so i don't think Immortality vastly made her more powerful looking at feats etc...
    She could live forever if still had her Immortality but most of her powers is still there and i bet on the same levels.
    Even when she immortal she was never on the same level has hulkbuster ironman or terrax or current sunspot for example.
    I question the objectivity of some of these assertions, but no point in getting into a drawn out discussion on interpreting power levels. Like I said before, we won't know what Monica can do until we see her again.

~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I bet most of monica's powers are on the same level and i bet she still has these powers below.

Appearance Alteration: Monica can use her facility over light to modulate her energy and modify her appearance, and outwardly take the form of other people. However, when she does so, she doesn't actually change her physical shape nor can she emulate their biometrics.
    Flight: she is capable of flight in any of her wavelengths.

Superhuman Speed: Monica is cable of moving and reacting at superhuman speeds ranging from the speed of sound to lightspeed while in her energy form.
    Intangibility She can phase through solid matter and certain energy fields depending on their wavelengths.
    Invisibility: She is often invisible in most of her forms but can make herself appear visible.
    Energy Duplication: When she encounters a new or unfamiliar energy, Monica can often duplicate it given enough time for analysis.

Energy Absorption: She is capable of absorbing energy given her own energy form is of the right type and at the right wavelength.
    Energy Blasts: She mentally controls both type and quantity of energy she wishes to transmit. It is not known the maximum amount of energy she can transmit at a given time. Monica can also divert energy (hard light for example) for use as force beams, which have the equivalent of 300 tons of TNT of explosive force.
    Hyper-Cosmic Awareness: Blue Marvel mentioned that while she takes on a hardlight semblance to resemble human form, she does not process sensory reception like a regular being anymore. Her consciousness perpetuates approximate human senses allowing her to know just what she's seeing, hearing or feeling and translating it to something her physiology recognizes. To this extent she's also aware when something is grievously wrong with the universe as well, having prophetic dreams of a cage around the universe.
    Eidetic Memory: Ever since she acquired her powers, Monica's photographic memory improved, allowing her to have total recall of everything she sees.Adam Brasher theorizes this is an effect of a latent cosmic awareness that she has due to being an energy consciousness.

Intelligence-3
    Strength-2
    Speed-6
    Durability-4
    Energy Projection-6
    Fighting Skills-4
    Her durablity for example was 4 before she became Immortal,still a 4 when she was Immortal and i bet it's still a 4.
    Her speed was a 6 before she was Immortal,when she was Immortal and i still bet she is still light speed.

I know she will still have Intangibility,Invisibility,Energy Duplication,Eidetic Memory etc..and all on the same level,so i am not upset or too upset since i still believe she is still around the same power levels when she was Immortal.

The only difference she can't live forever now,but she could live a really long time.
    She does not have Immortality anymore.
    Immortality: Monica is a being of pure energy which makes her functionally immortal. She doesn't age beyond her prime.
    By the way i bet immortal hulk will go back to normal power levels down the road and trust me the die hard hulk fans are going to be reallllly upset.

Right now they think he is above zeus in power in the battle forums saying he is above a skyfather etc..etc..and i say to myself they are in for a big surprise when they find out he still below thanos, silver surfer or hickmen's hyperion.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-18-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yeah, and as more heroes showed up I was wondering why the FF weren't shown yet. Until finally in that double-page spread, it had the classic teams with captions including "The Fantastic" for the FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She-Hulk almost got a full page cameo. It was almost as if it was a rebuke to the characters current appearance.
    Jen gut-punching Nyx was the best for me!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES