Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Alpha Flighted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Taken out off panel ala New Avengers.
    What Things Fall Apart said. The term was coined when Bendis killed all of Alpha Flight (except for Sasquatch, that was later shown to have survived) off panel at the beginning of the Collective storyline over at New Avengers. That really made me hate his work even more.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She-Hulk almost got a full page cameo. It was almost as if it was a rebuke to the characters current appearance.
    Hate current She-Hulk. Miss old Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Well I mean, I hugely disagree. This was a fantastic ending ending and a great tribute to Stan Lee/Jack Kirby. Ewing's confirmed to be writing something in less than a year involving Hercules so I'm hyped as hell.
    I'm hyped too. I liked the ending and the whole saga.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

I just Edited/added info on the last page.
    I hope another avengers book come out soon,like the new team avengers world with blue marvel,monica,america etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The difference between mortal and immortal alone is vast. It's as simple as that. I imagine you are young and full of vigor, so you don't see it yet. But just ask any old person that you know. Even as early as the late 30s mortals feel the ebb of time. Hearing, response time, recovery time, aches and pains that you never had previously, mental acuity that is more and more burdened and less agile and readily retrieved . All of that and more starts to hit you and the fact that you're getting older is unmistakable. Now imagine a mind and body that will never do that. One that is self-replenishing and self-renewing for ever ad infinitum. Monica ran from her immortality without really knowing what it means to be mortal.

The fact of the matter is, we don't yet know what her current power levels are. She only indicated that she had exhausted "most" of her power, connoting greater than 75% of her power. Even in her "OP" form, Monica wasn't omnipotent. A drastic reduction in her powers could very well leave her below characters that she easily surpassed before Blue Marvel enhanced her. We'll have to wait and see the next time she appears in a title. According to those in favor of the power reduction, this move will help her be used more often. So maybe we'll find out soon.
    Eh... for comic book characters immortality won't mean anything for newly immortal beings at least, since basically all of them are immortal. They will all remain in their mid-20's to mid 30's long after our great great grand children are ordering from the seniors menu at Dennys. The only difference between mortal and immortal Monica in a practical sense is we won't be getting a bunch of thought bubbles from Monica complaining how sucky immortality is.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Well I mean, I hugely disagree. This was a fantastic ending ending and a great tribute to Stan Lee/Jack Kirby. Ewing's confirmed to be writing something in less than a year involving Hercules so I'm hyped as hell.
    I can see why some might not have liked the ending. It got sort of trippy... something Ewing can be known for.

But as a sort of tribute to the house Stan and Jack build, I thought it was actually pretty moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Have to say this mini - or maxi, whatever - didn't do much for me. There were some good individual issues and some good moments but, for me, it felt like a real push to get through. I seldom felt really engaged by it and the last issue was more of a head-scratcher than anything else.

On the upside, though I am happy that there were no tragic ends for any heroes here. I really didn't want to see Vision die again.

Based on the last page, it's pretty clear the team is getting back together again for another tale next year. I don't know if I'll be as eager to jump in again next time around but we'll see.
    You saw Nyx appear and cause some darkness, and then, you saw Nyx get disconnected by Vision and she disappears again. Vision as a symbol of the having a vision of storytelling at Marvel. Was there some lesson in all this?

When I read the last issue and it mentions “The House of Ideas”, I thought okay, this is editorial making a statement here about the great work the ideas people have in comics. Sometimes you have a blank and the ideas don’t come. Sometimes the ideas are great and the stories really click. That’s what I got out of the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I can see why some might not have liked the ending. It got sort of trippy... something Ewing can be known for.

But as a sort of tribute to the house Stan and Jack build, I thought it was actually pretty moving.

In a way Zeus predicted the ending. He told Nyx that Hercules and his friends would defeat her. It took almost all of them but it was his friends that took her down. Hercules get an assist for keeping the door open for Vision.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... for comic book characters immortality won't mean anything for newly immortal beings at least, since basically all of them are immortal. They will all remain in their mid-20's to mid 30's long after our great great grand children are ordering from the seniors menu at Dennys. The only difference between mortal and immortal Monica in a practical sense is we won't be getting a bunch of thought bubbles from Monica complaining how sucky immortality is.
    The only difference between mortal and immortal Monica is that Nyx and other primordial beings like her, won't ever say again, "What are you?" when they first meet her. Like I said, there's more to Monica's immortality than just a timeline. You guys don't get it. All moot. It's gone. What's done is done. And I'm done with this topic.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    In a way Zeus predicted the ending. He told Nyx that Hercules and his friends would defeat her. It took almost all of them but it was his friends that took her down. Hercules get an assist for keeping the door open for Vision.
    Monica gets the bigger assist for letting a floating Vision, whom she was powering in the first place, beat her speed of light moving behind to the door. Funny how that worked out. If Ewing wrote it, Monica would be an auxiliary in her own book. He cannot help himself. Monica is always going to be "team support" with him. A better ending would have been primordial Monica as a representative of Light in this reality, settling things with primordial Nyx. But no, instead an automaton got the shine.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Instant classic. Just like No Surrender. Hoping this writing team has at least one more in them for 2020.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I think they do have plans. Conan's ending set up Savage Avengers, Rocket's leads into the current Guardians of the Galaxy series, and Ewing might have pitched Avengers World which would be where Monica would go. But clearly Voyager and Hercules were left in places that set up a sequel - and they explicitly said Herc would return.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ewing stated that he has plans for Hercules.
    But Avengers World is just something he threw there in case somebody wants to run with it. (spoiler: nobody will)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Can anyone explain the page with, presumably, Bruce Banner towards the end? He’s asking the sun if it’s ever suffered? Or is he asking us? I’m not reading the current Hulk book.
    How ironic (choke)

Avengers: No Road Home's Finale is a Love Letter to the Marvel Universe
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-no-road-home-10-review/

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I was actually a little surprised that Herc didn't do more, given Nyx slaugthered his whole family (not that it mattered since they were brought back anyways). But yeah... Herc with an assist there. Monica too.

I suppose in the end Vision was the choice for saving the day since he was the one "dying" needed some sort of plot device to save him.

Vision is SORT OF the first super hero in what became marvel. I say sort of because the Original Human Torch is still round these days, and Namor arguably can be considered the first too. But nonetheless, because of that I think Vision sort of made an appropriate choice.