Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 645
  1. #61
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Yes! I absolutely loved No Surrender and am pretty stoked for this. I love Hercules and appreciate the spotlight he's getting here. My one big hope is to see Lightning in this sequel.

    Also, they mentioned a character returning in No Road Home that is as prominent as Bruce's return in No Surrender. I wonder who that can be. Is there a current Avenger who's been gone for a while?
    Hank Pym.

    10 char

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Not super excited to see Hulk in this, but probably for the opposite reason of most of the people in this thread.

    Ewing has been killing it in Immortal Hulk, I'd rather not see a diluted, toned down (both in power and attitude) version of that character.

    The fact that Ewing is one of the writers does give me a modicum of hope that that won't happen. The fact that there is multiple writers though...ehhhhh.
    I very much agree with this because so far Ewing has been doing a great job with Hulk as more of a horror type character who rises from the dead and comes out at night and honestly I'm not sure exactly how that is gonna fit in this big team up type story. Though I'm always down for more Hercules and Rocket Raccoon (who I think will be fun together) so lets do this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I very much agree with this because so far Ewing has been doing a great job with Hulk as more of a horror type character who rises from the dead and comes out at night and honestly I'm not sure exactly how that is gonna fit in this big team up type story. Though I'm always down for more Hercules and Rocket Raccoon (who I think will be fun together) so lets do this.
    Well first, Hulk needs to tag team with the rest of his body.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Well first, Hulk needs to tag team with the rest of his body.
    That probably won’t be a problem for long, those fools didn’t even put the jars in separate rooms.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  5. #65
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    enough interest in Wanda, Herc, Vision, and Monica to check it out.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,180

    Default

    Thoughts:

    • I'm really excited for this series. So many great characters involved, and I love that Hercules is front and center. Zub has indicated that there's at least one more character involved, so I'm excited to see which other Avengers may be involved. Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo, Lightning, Wonder Man, Falcon or Synapse would make sense as it's a spiritual succession of Avengers No Surrender. Wasp, Spider-Woman, Silk, Black Knight, Hellcat, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and Hyperion are great candidates too.
    • As for the return of a major Avenger, the only prominent character I can think of is Hank Pym. I think he's a terrible human being, so I'd kinda be fine with him not returning, but I suppose it makes sense for a comeback, given almost every other important player in the MU has been returned in some capacity.
    • Could the villain on the #3 cover be Nightmare?
    • I'm not sure why Rocket is necessary when there are plenty of underused Avengers that could have been used in his stead. I can only hope his placement with the Avengers is temporary.
    • The interior artwork with Herc and elements of Greek Myth is so damn awesome too. Could Ares somehow be involved in the event?
    • I wonder who's going to lead this makeshift team.

  7. #67
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    I need a regular dose of my dysfunctional trifecta - Vision, Simon, and Wanda.

    So far looks like 2/3 will be here...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  8. #68
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Thoughts:

    • I'm really excited for this series. So many great characters involved, and I love that Hercules is front and center. Zub has indicated that there's at least one more character involved, so I'm excited to see which other Avengers may be involved. Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo, Lightning, Wonder Man, Falcon or Synapse would make sense as it's a spiritual succession of Avengers No Surrender. Wasp, Spider-Woman, Silk, Black Knight, Hellcat, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and Hyperion are great candidates too.
    • As for the return of a major Avenger, the only prominent character I can think of is Hank Pym. I think he's a terrible human being, so I'd kinda be fine with him not returning, but I suppose it makes sense for a comeback, given almost every other important player in the MU has been returned in some capacity.
    • Could the villain on the #3 cover be Nightmare?
    • I'm not sure why Rocket is necessary when there are plenty of underused Avengers that could have been used in his stead. I can only hope his placement with the Avengers is temporary.
    • The interior artwork with Herc and elements of Greek Myth is so damn awesome too. Could Ares somehow be involved in the event?
    • I wonder who's going to lead this makeshift team.
    Rocket's presence is movie synergy, as he's an Avenger in Avengers 4. And it seems that Ewing (who wrote his most recent solo) took the opportunity to include him since GOTG wasn't.

    Good question about leadership. Unless Wasp or Falcon are added, there's no obvious candidate. Hawkeye won't be it, because there's no way Hulk will take his orders. Hercules is front and center on the first cover, so I'd guess it's him.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rocket's presence is movie synergy, as he's an Avenger in Avengers 4. And it seems that Ewing (who wrote his most recent solo) took the opportunity to include him since GOTG wasn't.

    Good question about leadership. Unless Wasp or Falcon are added, there's no obvious candidate. Hawkeye won't be it, because there's no way Hulk will take his orders. Hercules is front and center on the first cover, so I'd guess it's him.
    Actually, Monica is the obvious candidate. Far better than Wasp or Falcon. She's headed up the regular Avengers team and Mighty Avengers. She also has a strong personality and the power to back up her threats. She also has experience dealing with strong-willed knuckleheads, like Namor and Thor for example.

    Hercules is also a possibility. But I don't think we'll get his strategic/commanding side in this book.

    Vision would be another possibility, as former Avengers leader and Chair.
    "Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception." ~ Carl Sagan

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Confirmed here that Blue Marvel is somehow involved

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWA...ndex=5&list=WL
    Yeah, the word "involved" felt like a bit of a hedge. I'll have to see a few panels of him actually on the team and kicking butt before I believe it. With my luck, Al Ewing will make Rocket Raccoon and Blue Marvel besties just to spite me.
    "Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception." ~ Carl Sagan

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rocket's presence is movie synergy, as he's an Avenger in Avengers 4. And it seems that Ewing (who wrote his most recent solo) took the opportunity to include him since GOTG wasn't.

    Good question about leadership. Unless Wasp or Falcon are added, there's no obvious candidate. Hawkeye won't be it, because there's no way Hulk will take his orders. Hercules is front and center on the first cover, so I'd guess it's him.
    I suppose that makes sense. The comics continue to mimic the movies, despite some authors insisting they're doing their own thing. If it boosts sales then it's a smart move on their behalf. And yeah, I'm sure Ewing was eager to write Rocket again too. I'm just not too enthused about him taking a spot when there are dozens of great Avengers that could've been there instead.

    Thanks. Yeah Wasp or Falcon definetly make sense IF they're involved, but there's been no indication that they will be, which makes me think it will be either Spectrum or Hercules in charge, assuming someone does take the lead.

  12. #72
    Incredible Member Captain Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    542

    Default

    I know it's probably Hank Pym, but I really want it to be Sersi. Even though all that business with the Eternals in the recent Avengers storyline...because continuity and Marvel these days doesn't matter.
    Viva la ResurreXion!!!!

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I know it's probably Hank Pym, but I really want it to be Sersi. Even though all that business with the Eternals in the recent Avengers storyline...because continuity and Marvel these days doesn't matter.
    I'd rather have Sersi than Pym, too. He stopped being one of my favorite characters decades ago.
    "Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception." ~ Carl Sagan

  14. #74
    Mighty Member krazijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That probably won’t be a problem for long, those fools didn’t even put the jars in separate rooms.
    True...It's like they are demanding he pull himself together...

  15. #75
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd rather have Sersi than Pym, too. He stopped being one of my favorite characters decades ago.
    It's not easy being Pym .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •