Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Inuyasha vs. Ranma

I'm seeing a lot of Inuyasha Matches recently, so I thought I see where he stands next to Takahashi's other major protagonist, Ranma Saotome. End of series for both.

Bonus: They sit and talk.

Bonus Bonus: How tough would a composite of Ranma and Inuyasha be?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If Inuyasha is, at best, a mid level bullet timer, then he is literally a statue to Ranma.

Yep. Rama is “crazy” fast. Doggy gets blitzed and then dropped.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Bonus Bonus: How tough would a composite of Ranma and Inuyasha be?
    So I haven't read a lot of the Inuyasha comics, but I'm aware of roughly how bullshit Tessaiga gets, and that's just handing Ranma one more ridiculously versatile weapon that he can adapt to a million bullshit techniques for every conceivable situation on the fly. That alone puts this firmly into Ranma-is-god fanfiction territory.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    So I haven't read a lot of the Inuyasha comics, but I'm aware of roughly how bullshit Tessaiga gets, and that's just handing Ranma one more ridiculously versatile weapon that he can adapt to a million bullshit techniques for every conceivable situation on the fly. That alone puts this firmly into Ranma-is-god fanfiction territory.
    Yeah a fusion of Inuyasha and Ranma with stacked stats. It’s, absurd and given the sword does a instant kill move by sending you instantly to hell and stuff is no joke.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Plus a decent amount of regeneration, resistance to physical and spiritual poisons, a massive boost too his damage soak, a massive boost to his senses (well, smell, anyways, but the boost it's so massive that it pretty much counts as something of a radar sense and can track people from across the nation), and a learned skill that will let him one-shot any youkai that isn't an amalgam of countless souls.

As for the fight, if they start from from far enough apart that IY can draw and swing Tessaiga before Ranma can close range and tie him in a literal knot, then Ranma and everything on the same side of the arena as him will end up being dumped into a Hell that instantly kills humans that aren't being artificially animated by a powerful magical artifact.

Well, we all remember the Tenshin Amaguriken.

Ranma is crazy fast, especially in girl form.

That being all said, Inuyasha is crazy resilient. So i think Ranma would get tired before the dog hits the ground.

If each one is given access to all skills and stats, it would be a draw, A tie. Ranma is fast, no doubt about that. But InuYasha's sword, Tessaiga, has taken out many powerful yokai that woudl have made pancake out of Ranma.

If we get rid of the sword, the transformations, and Ranma's Ki blast and left them to fight it out Hand-to-Hand, Ranma is faster, but InYasha is more durable and is equally as strong as Ranma.

I'd give them 50-50 odds.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Inuyasha's strength is largely irrelevant. Ranma's got stamina for literal days, so he's not going to get tired enough to get caught or anything. That said, I agree with DK's assessment, that it sounds like if Inuyasha gets a chance to actually attack with Tessaiga before they're in melee range (which I'm doubtful of at standard starting distance), he wins.

Inuyasha's strength is largely irrelevant. Ranma's got stamina for literal days, so he's not going to get tired enough to get caught or anything. That said, I agree with DK's assessment, that it sounds like if Inuyasha gets a chance to actually attack with Tessaiga before they're in melee range (which I'm doubtful of at standard starting distance), he wins.
    I'd argue that IY's stamina is actually better than Ranma's, seeing as he literally engaged in all out combat for around 3 consecutive days with no sign of slowing down during the final arc while Ranma has at least gotten a bit loopy whenever he fought overnight with no break, but if Ranma got into melee range, his speed advantage is significant enough to literally the someone about as skilled and strong as himself but without comparable reflex speed into a knot, as Ryouga can attest, and IY doesn't have any offensive abilities that would be particularly useful in that state.

The composite will also gain the ability to sit down and hold a serious and heartfelt conversation about his feelings when absolutely necessary, which probably qualifies it as an archmage or Cosmic Horror by Ranma 1/2 standards.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-07-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'd argue that IY's stamina is actually better than Ranma's
    Obviously. Ranma's stamina is nothing that impressive. (in shonen manga terms lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Obviously. Ranma's stamina is nothing that impressive. (in shonen manga terms lol)
    Eh, he's got some decent feats, like swimming from China to Japan, or a couple of times where he fought all night in the form of live fire training from people that are trying to actively sabotage him and/or are just asshats, then going on to partake in another fight against an expert in that style shortly thereafter.

But it not really fair to compare him to IY, whose half-youkai nature makes it so that he can run cross country for days on end without needing any rest

Oh I'm not arguing that he has more stamina than Inuyasha. I'm just saying his stamina is such that he's not likely to mess up or slow down in the time this match takes.

Edit: Also I feel inclined to note that Ranma doesn't even really NEED a speed advantage to tie someone in a knot. He needs one here to have a chance at getting close at all, but in general, Ranma is really well feated against people who are his equal speed-wise. It generally takes pretty extenuating circumstances for Ranma to start taking hits at all because he's just that skilled at melee combat.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-07-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Oh I'm not arguing that he has more stamina than Inuyasha. I'm just saying his stamina is such that he's not likely to mess up or slow down in the time this match takes.

Edit: Also I feel inclined to note that Ranma doesn't even really NEED a speed advantage to tie someone in a knot. He needs one here to have a chance at getting close at all, but in general, Ranma is really well feated against people who are his equal speed-wise. It generally takes pretty extenuating circumstances for Ranma to start taking hits at all because he's just that skilled at melee combat.
    Fair enough, I noted the speed advantage mostly to keep IY from AOEing him once Ranma closes in, or jumping out of melee range and just staying there with his technically-not-flight leaps, because while IY is not as unskilled as fanon sometimes portrays him, he is definitely nowhere near Ranma's tier when it comes to grappling.

What is IY's best stamina feat?

Because Ranma considered swimming/running from Japan to China a minor inconvenience.

And this is beginning of series Ranma.