Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Default Form of....A Wonder Twins Appreciation Thread!

Even though I'm a big Wonder Twins fan, I never thought I'd start this type of thread. Zan and Jayna were never taken seriously by most comic fans, and their appearances on various episodes of The Super Friends were mixed at best. Sometimes they were used well, and other times, used as comic relief.

Now that Wonder Comics is giving them their own series, I figured now was a good time for this thread, and perhaps members here would like to discuss what they would like to see from this series, and how they would like the Twins to be handled.

Zan and Jayna from their appearances in The Super Friends comic.

Their costumes mirrored what was on the cartoon, but the comic handled the characters much better. They were mature acting, and much more competent than they ever were in the cartoon.

The Twins as they appeared in Extreme Justice.

While I enjoyed seeing Zan and Jayna back from comic book limbo, the origin they were given was hard to follow, at least to me. I preferred the origin that was created for them in The Super Friends.

I wasn't too pleased with their look either, but I figured if it meant they would be treated as serious characters, I could deal with their appearance.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 10-06-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Invincible Member

I'm curious as to how it's going to turn out.

How Zan & Jayna looked in Young Justice.

I enjoyed seeing the Twins again after so long, and I liked the way they looked, and how they acted. Unfortunately, their appearances to Young Justice were limited to (IIRC) 4 issues. On top of that, there were so many teen heroes in those issues, that most of those characters got little time to shine. The Twins got more action than most, but I still would've liked to see them appear more.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm curious as to how it's going to turn out.
    I am too. It's my hope that the writers will look at the twins in a different light. While I do like my memories of Zan and Jayna, they were way too "campy" to be successful, in my opinion. I would like to see them act in a more realistic way, both as teens and as heroes.

I also hope this series will lead to them being used in other books. They don't need to be regulars in, say, Young Justice, but a few appearances here and there would be great to see.

They seem to be missing thier pointy ears
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Are they part of the Justice League of China? Their suits seem to reflect that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    They seem to be missing thier pointy ears
    I noticed that too. It makes me wonder if they'll no longer be aliens. Not sure what their origin will be, but I'd like it to stay somewhat similar to what it was when they were in The Super Friends, but I know that continuity no longer exists.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Are they part of the Justice League of China? Their suits seem to reflect that team.

I've never read Justice League China, but as far as I know, Zan & Jayna are not part of that series. They first appeared in the Bronze age comic "The Super Friends", which was based on the Hanna-Barberra cartoon. They later appeared in the title Extreme Justice, and were last seen in 4 issues of Young Justice.

Mighty Member

As silly as this may sound, I was kind of hoping that The Wonder Twins would be elves rather than aliens. Elves in a superhero universe is so rare.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    As silly as this may sound, I was kind of hoping that The Wonder Twins would be elves rather than aliens. Elves in a superhero universe is so rare.
    I don't know anything about elves, are they human sized, or smaller? I think people look at the pointed ears and think either elves or Vulcan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I don't know anything about elves, are they human sized, or smaller? I think people look at the pointed ears and think either elves or Vulcan.
    It's a hard question to answer since every canon is different. It varies, tbh. I would have went with Elves since aliens are overdone. (I have nothing against aliens) That doesn't take away my excitement for the book in anyway though.
    Last edited by Raijin; 10-06-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

I would like to see more of Tom Scioli's demented stories from the back up to cave carson where they featured.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They're the most memorable cast of Super Friends, mainly because I already know the other characters before watching it.

I'm super excited for this!