Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The creative team for the new series is great. I also love the new designs, even if they are a little too similar to JLC's costumes.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    I would like to see more of Tom Scioli's demented stories from the back up to cave carson where they featured.
    Huh? I have no idea what you're speaking about. Can you point me to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They're the most memorable cast of Super Friends, mainly because I already know the other characters before watching it.
    I'm hoping this brings them to a new audience, in a positive way. They've been making little cameos here and there, been on Teen Titans Go a few times, the Batman Lego move, have Lego figures, they are in the new wave of the DC Imaginext figures, Figure Toy Company released figures for them, so it may be a good time to have a Wonder Twins title now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm super excited for this!
    I am too! I'm already sure I'm going to subscribe to their title, as well as the Young Justice title.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The creative team for the new series is great. I also love the new designs, even if they are a little too similar to JLC's costumes.
    I have to say, I'm not familiar with JLC, so I found some images on Google, and you're right, the are very similar.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Zan and Jayna from their appearances in The Super Friends comic.

Their costumes mirrored what was on the cartoon, but the comic handled the characters much better. They were mature acting, and much more competent than they ever were in the cartoon.

So are they... younger than Dick? I mean they are now, but back then I don't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So are they... younger than Dick? I mean they are now, but back then I don't remember

I believe they were. If you use the origin that DC gave them back at that time, they were orphans and adopted by Dentwill, the owner of a traveling carnival. It was stated in that story that the Twins had no rights under the laws of Exor until they turned 20. They escaped from the carnival and were considered fugitives, so I always took them to be between the ages of 16 - 19.

Are well allowed to post images of comic book pages here? If anyone is interested I have the full origin story saved on Photobucket. I'd be willing to post it, but I don't want to break any forum rules.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 10-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.

very nice. Hopefully their portrayal will be wholesome and not grimdark or bizarre Deadpool/Harley territory.

dark Wonder Twins, huh?

Well, it will be interesting to see them in a more serious light.

Glad to see they are back in a spotlight.

I hope this leads to a reinvention of all the Super Friends characters (ie El Dorado, Samurai, Apache Chief). They could form their own team!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Glad to see they are back in a spotlight.
    I am too! I am really interested in seeing what they become under this writing and artistic team. I also hope this leads to them appearing in other comics, even if only as guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I hope this leads to a reinvention of all the Super Friends characters (ie El Dorado, Samurai, Apache Chief). They could form their own team!
    While I think that would have some nostalgic appeal, I'm not sure that would happen. Black Vulcan was a copy Black Lightning. Samurai mainly has the powers of Red Tornado. Apache Chief may not have an equivalent in current day. Is Colossal Boy still around? El Dorado teleports and projects holograms. Can anyone in current DC time do that? Slightly similar to Princess Projectra, is she still with the Legion?

Looking forward to a new take on the Wonder Twins. I always thought they should have been "adopted" into the Justice League at some point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Huh? I have no idea what you're speaking about. Can you point me to this?

http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/S...by_Tom_Scioli).

there are some pages and commentary here http://www.ambarb.com/ if you keep scrolling down

not to everyone's taste but I really enjoyed it
    Last edited by iron chimp; 10-08-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I never understood why these two characters should not work.
    I have loved superfriends as a child and I am fond of them.
    I will definitely take a look at their book, I hope they can finally find their own dimension in the DC universe.

And then, if we want to say it all, in Superfriends Dick could seem incompetent even more than the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That would be fun. Maybe Russel could reintroduce them as supporting cast here.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/S...by_Tom_Scioli).

there are some pages and commentary here http://www.ambarb.com/ if you keep scrolling down

not to everyone's taste but I really enjoyed it

Interesting. Is there a full version online somewhere?