Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I had no idea this Cave Carson backup was a thing. Man, I keep meaning to get the trades.....I gotta get on that. Does anyone know if the backup is collected somewhere?

Always found the Wonder Twins more of an interesting footnote in DC history than anything, to be honest. On the rare occasion they've tried to break into the main canon, I've enjoyed the ride but never really felt invested and never cared that the effort didn't catch.

But I'm totally going to check this monthly out. I mean, come on, how could you not? The characters are so innately ridiculous, in the best comic book-y kind of way!

Here's hoping the Wonder Twins become DC's Maximoff twins and find a foot hold in the DCU!
    The Tom Scioli back ups in Cave Carson were excellent. Especially the Green Arrow one.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

My understanding is that this art is a promo image for the entire imprint (with the teen Lantern missing because she's showing up in Morrison's GL), not just the Young Justice title.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some guest appearances, references, and crossovers, but as I understand it, the Young Justice team isn't going to include every character from the imprint, they're just front and center in this image because they're the biggest names and fan-draws.

Could be wrong though.

That was my understanding too. Like you, I would like to see crossovers and references, but I was under the impression Zan & Jayna would not be part of Young Justice.

From what I read online today, Wonder Twins is a 6 issue mini-series, not a monthly title.

However, Mark Russell had this convo on Twitter:

Mark Russell: Really proud of what we're doing with Wonder Twins. I hope everyone who took a trust-fall with me on The Flintstones and Snagglepuss will give this series a chance, too.

Brandon Smith: Only thing that sucks is that is that ‘issue 1 of 6’ designation.

Mark Russell: I'm writing a six issue arc, but my hope is to do more.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't mind a 6 issues mini.
    Sometime it's the better choice, if the book works then it will have a sequel.

Agreed, some stories are best as mini's. And if they do well, you can always do another one, or launch an ongoing. Once upon a time, that was even a fairly common method; you give a character a miniseries to see how they do, and if the mini sells and shows there's an audience, you follow it up with the ongoing title already knowing roughly what to expect.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hope you're right. I don't want to see them come out of limbo, just to go back in again.

I thought it might be cool if they hung out with Jason in the Titans tv show.

There's been a long time rumor that Zan & Jayna were going to appear in season 3 of Young Justice, but I can't find confirmation of that, or what the appearance would be.

So what do we know about the Twins in this continuity?

I was looking at that posted page and got to thinking.....they're being watched over by Superman, who has a whole lot of responsibilities as well as younger family members of his own. So why take the time to mentor the Twins? They're serving as interns with the League when a lot of other young heroes (with stronger ties to the League) aren't getting the chance, and their chest emblems have a "S" Shield design to them, even more than the old upside-down triangles used to.

Could these two have direct ties to Krypton? Remember back in New Krypton, where they were toying with the idea of kryptonian metahumans who's powers manifested differently than the typical flying brick powerset?

Could the Twins be metahumans from a kryptonian colony like Daxam? Perhaps their mutation is what lead to them being exiled? Daxam especially is pretty xenophobic in most continuities and just hates everything that's different, so it'd track. I've been wanting to see DC tackle that "meta-kryptonian" concept for a long time now, though I never imagined using the Wonder Twins for it.

From what I vaguely recall of New Krypton, a meta-kryptonian wouldn't necessarily have the same powers as Superman in addition to whatever their mutation gave them. They could (I think?) have the "Superman" type powers completely overwritten by their metagene. So the Twins wouldn't have to have all the same powers as Clark as well as shape-shifting; the polymorph abilities could completely replace the strength, flight, and heat vision.

Im sure there are holes in the theory, I haven't followed this imprint *too* closely (I do want to be at least a little surprised when I buy the issues) but as far as I know it could be possible. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-06-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So what do we know about the Twins in this continuity?

I was looking at that posted page and got to thinking.....they're being watched over by Superman, who has a whole lot of responsibilities as well as younger family members of his own. So why take the time to mentor the Twins? They're serving as interns with the League when a lot of other young heroes (with stronger ties to the League) aren't getting the chance, and their chest emblems have a "S" Shield design to them, even more than the old upside-down triangles used to.

Could these two have direct ties to Krypton? Remember back in New Krypton, where they were toying with the idea of kryptonian metahumans who's powers manifested differently than the typical flying brick powerset?

Could the Twins be metahumans from a kryptonian colony like Daxam? Perhaps their mutation is what lead to them being exiled? Daxam especially is pretty xenophobic in most continuities and just hates everything that's different, so it'd track. I've been wanting to see DC tackle that "meta-kryptonian" concept for a long time now, though I never imagined using the Wonder Twins for it.

From what I vaguely recall of New Krypton, a meta-kryptonian wouldn't necessarily have the same powers as Superman in addition to whatever their mutation gave them. They could (I think?) have the "Superman" type powers completely overwritten by their metagene. So the Twins wouldn't have to have all the same powers as Clark as well as shape-shifting; the polymorph abilities could completely replace the strength, flight, and heat vision.

Im sure there are holes in the theory, I haven't followed this imprint *too* closely (I do want to be at least a little surprised when I buy the issues) but as far as I know it could be possible. Thoughts?

We don't know too much about the twins as yet. It does say they're from another planet, but it doesn't name the planet as Exor (or Exxor - depending on the spelling, I've seen it both ways).

I can't see a connection to Krypton.....for them to have any connection to Krypton, wouldn't they have to be as old as Superman, considering he was a baby when Krypton exploded?

(assuming that's still his history! LOL)

Unless they're cloned or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I can't see a connection to Krypton.....for them to have any connection to Krypton, wouldn't they have to be as old as Superman, considering he was a baby when Krypton exploded?
    Kara's younger than he is.

But I said a Kryptonian coloney, like Daxam, not Krypton itself.

Could be that Exxor began as a kryptonian colony?

~ Black Panther.

Kara's younger than he is.

But I said a Kryptonian coloney, like Daxam, not Krypton itself.

Could be that Exxor began as a kryptonian colony?

seems like those Kryptonians got around! LOL

I'm not sure I'd want them to have a further connection to Superman.

On another note, you had mentioned their original insignia triangles, in Super Friends #10, Zan thanks Superman for them, and Supes said something like "You liked the look of my "s" symbol, and since you're training to be heroes, you should have them."

This image is being posted on Twitter as the cover for Wonder Twins #2.