ratboy20267

Default Quick question about the under the redhood comic

Just out of interest: is This story based before or after Tim Drake has become robin?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Way after Tim became Robin

Haven't read the comic, but have heard the animated film, which I have seen, is much better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Haven't read the comic, but have heard the animated film, which I have seen, is much better.
    I wouldn't know about the film, but the actual comic already is very good.

Extraordinary Member

The main difference is that the movie let out some stuff that wasn't that relevant to the story and more to what else was going on in the DCU, and included made iirc a few more flash backs to Jasons time as Robin (and made him way cuter in some of the flash backs).

When it comes to Tim and the other Batfamily members, in the comics UTRH is set directly after War Games, which let to the death of Stephanie Brown (and Orpheus), and to Tim, Cass and Barbara leaving Gotham. The only other crimefigther left in Gotham at the time who appeared in the comics was Onyx, who was probably left out of the movie because she is way to obscure, and was really only during War Games and UTRH active in Gotham.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I really liked the movie (Batman: Under The Red Hood, 2010). The final showdown between Red Hood and Batman is pretty emotional stuff...
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I really liked the movie (Batman: Under The Red Hood, 2010). The final showdown between Red Hood and Batman is pretty emotional stuff...
    The comic version brought me back cause it was almost word for word. But yeah, the animated version left out all the extra stuff not related to the story at hand as well as Batman's comics.

It was so weird for the final scene between Jason, Batman and the Joker to be interrupted by a bomb going off in Bludhaven.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/