BANNED

Default Just how will Doomsday Clock affect the Batman family and mythos ?

He was there from the start of DC Rebirth, play a bit role in the Button and he is playing a role or two within Doomsday CLock. SO given all that has happened to Batman since the start of DC Rebirth: AS fans of Batman: Just how do you all think the events of Doomsday Clock will affect Batman and his history ?

Hopefully, not much.

Doomsday Clock is a very pretty little thing, but as stories goes, I feel it extremely vapid and full of hot air.

Aside from some resets/tweaks to the current DC universe if/when any "corrections" are made to what Dr. Manhattan supposedly altered in the timeline, do we know if he really changed anything Batman-related that DC would want to go back to the way it was?
    (Not counting that three Jokers thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aside from some resets/tweaks to the current DC universe if/when any "corrections" are made to what Dr. Manhattan supposedly altered in the timeline, do we know if he really changed anything Batman-related that DC would want to go back to the way it was?
    (Not counting that three Jokers thing.)
    Yep. The new Rorschach dared to Batman's breakfast. Not even Joker ever stooped so low!

In all honesty, barring Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl, not much else is gone from the Bat mythos.

I read about it in Newsarama or elsewhere, but I'm only interested if some Silver Age things about Batman are clarified. Like Bette Kane. Like Kathy Kane and her husband, who is Bruce's uncle. Those are the kind of things I want clarified. Especially as regards "the timeline".

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In all honesty, barring Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl, not much else is gone from the Bat mythos.
    Well, how young Dick was when he first became Robin (Boy Wonder? Teen Wonder?) and how long he was Robin before switching to the Nightwing identity has been in flux as well.
    As for Cass and Steph having previously been Batgirl, those fans may resent not having that back, but does DC really want to re-age Barbara and change her back story again so that Babs was in the wheelchair for the several additional years that would be required for Cass and for Steph to both have been former Batgirls?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, how young Dick was when he first became Robin (Boy Wonder? Teen Wonder?) and how long he was Robin before switching to the Nightwing identity has been in flux as well.
    As for Cass and Steph having previously been Batgirl, those fans may resent not having that back, but does DC really want to re-age Barbara and change her back story again so that Babs was in the wheelchair for the several additional years that would be required for Cass and for Steph to both have been former Batgirls?
    Rebirth reset a lot of things back to pre-Flashpoint. Not everything, but a lot. Including Dick being taken in by Bruce at about 9 years old, giving Tim back his pre-Flashpoint origin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rebirth reset a lot of things back to pre-Flashpoint. Not everything, but a lot. Including Dick being taken in by Bruce at about 9 years old, giving Tim back his pre-Flashpoint origin, etc.
    Unless you can show a page where it says Dick was taken in at 9 I don't think that happened. He was still a teen when he was taken in from what I've seen. He is still stuck in his New 52 Robin suit whenever we see Dick as Robin, and the recent Nightwing issue even had references to the New 52 Nightwing run. The New 52 still seems like the canon they are basing the character on.