Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Always Rakzo

Solid once again. I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much from Scott after how overly-simple her Transformers stories were but here she does a good job concerning the investigation and overall content.

As usual though, the best part of her work is the characterization and here it shines due to the realistic relationship between Babs and her father while villains like Grotesque get new motivations and make him more interesting than before.

Good art as well. Enjoyable overall.

A tad wordy, but not bad. I like the character work.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But to be fair, isn't the costume she's currently wearing suppose to have been a step-up from the costume she wore prior to being shot by the Joker, and she's only going with it now because it was still available after being hidden away in a closet in Commissioner Gordon's home?

And what she supposedly wore prior to be shot by the Joker (at least according to the New52) looked like:
    Babs has had some weird costume progressions since she became Batgirl again .

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    . . . while villains like Grotesque get new motivations and make him more interesting than before.
    I thought this was a brand-new Grotesque now? (Wasn't the original version fridged?)

Always Rakzo

Yes, that's the point. The original version of Grotesque was pretty simplistic and one-dimensional. This one actually offers interesting motivations.

I will say, Babs and Jim have a great father-daughter relationship. Which was highlighted in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    As usual though, the best part of her work is the characterization and here it shines due to the realistic relationship between Babs and her father while villains like Grotesque get new motivations and make him more interesting than before.
    Agreed. I'd say that Scott gets Babs and her history like no other writer has done since Simone. This isn't a forcibly de-aged and infantilised Batgirl: she carries all of her Batgirl experiences with her, and Babs' inner monologues clearly echo the work that Yale, Ostrander, Dixon, and Simone put into Oracle, while not being dependant on it.