Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Yes, Wonder Woman is too solitary.

But, the main cause of that seems to be each new writer's approach to jettisoning her supporting characters, including family, friends and foes in favour of establishing a new Wonder Family. And of course DC Comics allowing them to do so without any editorial oversight or control.

I'd love to see them firmly establish Diana's supporting characters, including Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Ferdinand, Hippolyta, Philippus, Nubia, Artemis, Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Helena Sandsmark, Julia Kapatelis and even Jumpa! I'd probably throw in a couple of more Amazons like Io and Clio as well. And I'd really like a member of Diana's Wonder Family to be a former enemy who she managed to redeem, whether that is Paula von Gunther or someone else. I'd probably be inclined to go with a male, technology-based villain who Diana redeems and who then provides technical assistance to Diana and her allies.
    Why can't Diana and Amazons be technologically superior like in Marston Era.

I think it's because of Perez and Dc dislikes Wonder Woman and Amazons.

I feel like WW is the most underdeveloped superhero ever... By this, I mean that her supporting cast, character, personality and powers were never consistent enough to make an overall lasting impact.
    Last edited by greymoon; 10-08-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that WW is the most underdeveloped superhero in comic book history?
    It needs to be taken relative her longevity, I think. Otherwise someone like Starblossom should be a shoo-in.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It needs to be taken relative her longevity, I think. Otherwise someone like Starblossom should be a shoo-in.
    That’s the thing. WW is a character that’s been around well over 75 years (I repeat, YEARS). Characters who debuted much later than her have more consistency and a proper setting to their mythos. It’s just shows you how terribly DC has handled WW.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Who would you want to be in her supporting cast? This is why I would like her to be placed in a city and them actually letting us see it. We rarely get to see. Gateway where most of her supporting cast are and some of her villains are. It should match her history. The city should have magically, science and alien background. Why can't Dc ever give her a great location?
    I’m fine with her having her own fictional city but she needs to have a reason she’s concentrated in one city. Clark is in Metropolis because it’s where his job and loved ones are. Bruce is in Gotham because he’s dedicated himself to cleansing it of crime. For a character like Diana who’s more global by nature, what makes her settle down roots in a city?

Fantastic Member

first thing they need to do is give her a definitive home base to live in, she cant keep changing cities every time someone starts a new run, she needs her own gtham.metropolis.coast/central/keystone city.

second remove this ridiculous rule that she cant come and go from themyscyra.

bring back the gods.

modernize her rogue's gallery, i liked the recent attempt to revamp Silver Swan, lets do that for everyone else.

Explore her relationships with her extended family like Donna and Cassie, I've been reading WW the new 52 and she's barely interacted with them and when she does its not in a positive way.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m fine with her having her own fictional city but she needs to have a reason she’s concentrated in one city. Clark is in Metropolis because it’s where his job and loved ones are. Bruce is in Gotham because he’s dedicated himself to cleansing it of crime. For a character like Diana who’s more global by nature, what makes her settle down roots in a city?
    My idea that is that Gateway City is a actually Gateway. Diana can easily travel anywhere. Any dimension and any part of the world. It's a magical, science city. That many different beings help make. This way Diana it's truly settled but also this allows her to be global traveler. . She travels through mirrors and a few other ways. Gateway is what you call link City meaning due to Gateways origins is other countries have a city that is called Gateway. A item or mirror will take her there. Despite being a link city there are other ways to go to cities like Gotham

Diana can create links to other parts of the world or dimensions.

My idea that is that Gateway City is a actually Gateway. Diana can easily travel anywhere. Any dimension and any part of the world. It's a magical, science city. That many different beings help make. This way Diana it's truly settled but also this allows her to be global traveler. . She travels through mirrors and a few other ways. Gateway is what you call link City meaning due to Gateways origins is other countries have a city that is called Gateway. A item or mirror will take her there. Despite being a link city there are other ways to go to cities like Gotham

I like your idea. Maybe have it house the ARGUS HQ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like your idea. Maybe have it house the ARGUS HQ as well.
    That would be interesting. That way we would have to deal with people like Amanda. A few of my ideas is it's kind of hidden a bit. For example, Boston, Gateway is a real city but Gateway is interdimension that you can tell where Boston is and where Gateway is. So because of this borders are made for people to be made. It's not because they hate humans rather to much sure no one gets lost. A few ideas is to have a few name drops. Marston University for the Holliday Girls. I mean Holliday Girls are Diana's army in the original. I would love it if Diana when she first gets there lives with them. On another note due to the magical background I htought some of the greek gods from time to time live there. So Athena is the one Diana first meets in her human first . In terms of using Diana Prince, I would still go with the logic of Gateway. Since it's both a U.S City and interdimension city. her id and passport will show that.

The idea of Gateway being a literal gateway sounds great. If Diana is indeed too solitary (though with Steve, Etta, A.R.G.U.S. and the Oddfellows around I don't think she is) a gateway in her home city is a perfect way to reintroduce past supporting characters; Ferdinand, Chiron, Io, Lennox, Nubia, Artemis, Donna, Cassie, etc. could all step through at one point or another and seamlessly insert themselves into whatever current storyline is happening.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

What if Wonder Woman could create wormholes/boom tubes by spinning the lasso at superluminal speed, wouldn't that be super cool

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Why can't Diana and Amazons be technologically superior like in Marston Era.
    They can be. My ... rough thinking is that the Amazons should be technologically superior. But, there needs to be some kind of limitation on Diana's visits to Themyscira so that every problem faced by Wonder Woman couldn't be solved by Diana simply visiting Themyscira and picking up some awesome technology or magical weapon or getting 1,000 of Themyscira's finest Amazons to back her up in battle. I'm not sure what the limitation would be. Perhaps Themyscira could only be accessed during the full moon? Perhaps the "gateway" from Diana's base of operations to Themyscira uses a huge amount of "energy", so Diana can only use it once every X months.

Anyway, the main point being that Diana wouldn't have access to all of the valuable resources on Themyscira on a 24x7 basis. So, in that instance, I think having someone in her team / at her base of operations with technological expertise would be valuable. I'd like Diana to still be a scientist or at least have a natural scientific curiosity and obvious intelligence, but it would be good if someone on her team filled a dedicated "IT support" role. And I LOVE it when Diana works with prior villains who she redeemed. I think it's so important to highlight Diana's compassionate nature with clear examples of that in practice.

Out of curiosity if your going to use mirrors, would you be introducing her villain Image-Maker into this?

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    What if Wonder Woman could create wormholes/boom tubes by spinning the lasso at superluminal speed, wouldn't that be super cool
    She actually had that power at one point. though it was more that by simply spinning it in front of her she created a mystical portal that she could step through, taking the lasso with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Out of curiosity if your going to use mirrors, would you be introducing her villain Image-Maker into this?
    I never heard of that villain. What is the villains backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    She actually had that power at one point. though it was more that by simply spinning it in front of her she created a mystical portal that she could step through, taking the lasso with her.

That would be. I mean the golden age had her going so fast she could enter another dimension and through her sleep