Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Doesn't Sony have the movie rights to him as well?
    They do. They have ALL the rights to the Spider-man universe.

Into the Spider-Verse is a completely Sony produced movie. Marvel studios have no involvement in it at all.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how a Superior Doctor Octopus solo movie would do?

kraven will now win an oscar
    troo fan or death

BANNED

It would be quite an irony that MCU prepares to intergrate the X-Men and the Fantastic Four may loose Spider-Man. And quite a slap for us the fans.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It would be quite an irony that MCU prepares to intergrate the X-Men and the Fantastic Four may loose Spider-Man. And quite a slap for us the fans.
    Sony is not that dumb. They know that fans would riot if they pulled Peter away from Marvel at this point. I would think that you could easily play off the anti hero aspect of Venom for a while. Honestly though, I'm agreeing with the idea of wait and see this weekend what it does. I have a feeling it might get mixed reception in China and Japan as some may be freaked out by it's appearance and some other cultural reasons regarding demonic things.

I went to see this and i walked out half way through the film i disgust, how is this thing making money? I mean i'm not a Venom fan and i think Hardy really tried to sell this but i just couldn't for the life of me finish this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I went to see this and i walked out half way through the film i disgust, how is this thing making money? I mean i'm not a Venom fan and i think Hardy really tried to sell this but i just couldn't for the life of me finish this.
    We will seehow the box office progresses later. Many films has opened strongly only to loose steam one weekend later.

Agreed on the box-office week thing. You also have to consider that various casual audiences went to see it thinking this is part of the MCU. I have friends who went to see it thinking so, but were disappointed at no MCU or Spider-Man references. I would imagine that other casual audiences would feel the same way, and that would hurt the weekend to weekend box-office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    We will seehow the box office progresses later. Many films has opened strongly only to loose steam one weekend later.
    A Star is Born has beat Venom at the Thursday box office for the first time. Still back behind by 41M domestic. Can it catch and surpass Venom in the end?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A Star is Born has beat Venom at the Thursday box office for the first time. Still back behind by 41M domestic. Can it catch and surpass Venom in the end?
    Quite possibly. Venom is not that powerful as a film to withstand the coming of much more superior films.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It might be able to do well this weekend, though I don't know if it can keep going stronger for much longer. I personally enjoyed it greatly, with the only real complain I have of being that since it was too short, we don't really get to see when precisely the symbiote decided to help Eddie stop Riot. I think having a little more friction between Eddie and the symbiote, with the symbiote more gradually changing its nature would have made it a better movie. That being said, I do hope that it does well a little while longer, and I very much hope that Carnage is truly allowed to shine in the sequel.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I really enjoyed the first movie, but the second has GOT to get smarter. Like, what if similar to GotG2’s themes of parenthood, Venom2 could have themes about consent? We know Carnage will be the villain, but what if Cletus forces a link with the newborn child symbiote? That would be truly disturbing in a way that the first movie barely grazed.

With regard to Holland’s Spider-Man... it would be really cool if he somehow interned with the Brock Report, developing his love of photography journalism with Eddie, rather than against him. Tom and Tom could team up to fight Cletus and Carnage. The Venom symbiote would even adopt the Venom spidersymbol to show they’re on the same team.

That’s all if Sony and Marvel can bridge the contract that “suggests” Venom exists in the MCU. Also, Carnage should appear to die but ultimately survive in the second movie, so that 3 can be a teamup Maximum Carnage storyline.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-13-2018 at 10:34 PM.

If you want an action flick Venom works for that.