Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Nycc 2018: Dc nation

DC Nation has set up an embassy at New York Comic Con, with ambassador/co-publisher Dan DiDio. DiDio is scheduled to lead a chat with Flash's Joshua Williamson, along with Adam Glass, Emanuele Luppacchino, and Robert Venditti about their current and upcoming books.

You can read about the meet here:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42267-nycc...dc-nation.html

What's your opinion about their commentaries?

Enough with the Nightwing bullshit. Same with Wally.

Honestly, if DiDio was so concerned about characters getting old (like he is, since he was born in 1959), the New52 should have been a straight-up reboot of EVERYTHING on a new Earth with no past history of any of the characters still in play.
    The pre-Flashpoint continuity could still have been kept as it was, just on a different Earth that could be visited occasionally (like with Golden Age history on Earth-2 prior to CoIE).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Honestly, if DiDio was so concerned about characters getting old (like he is, since he was born in 1959), the New52 should have been a straight-up reboot of EVERYTHING on a new Earth with no past history of any of the characters still in play.
    The pre-Flashpoint continuity could still have been kept as it was, just on a different Earth that could be visited occasionally (like with Golden Age history on Earth-2 prior to CoIE).
    Agree. Julie Schwartz and co. had the right idea about reboots and found a way to keep classic characters in continuity. There's no reason other editorial couldn't do the same. It worked like a charm in the Silver Age. Half a reboot (like New52 where they hadn't even worked out what happened and what didn't) is just insulting to fans.

Astonishing Member

I agree with most of this (although I don't see why DiDio age is related to the topic).

They could start from scratch with the Flashpoint, but I guess they don't want to lost all stories (especially profitable characters).

I'm not someone who has any personal grudge against Didio, but some of his thoughts or opinions on DC characters just boggles the mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree with most of this (although I don't see why DiDio age is related to the topic).
    His hang-up with being worried about characters like Dick Grayson and Wally West aging so much and making their predecessors (Bruce and Barry) also that much older may be tied in to how old DiDio is getting.
    (I can sympathize with not wanting to admit that he's getting on in years, however.)

Ultimate Member

His hang-up with being worried about characters like Dick Grayson and Wally West aging so much and making their predecessors (Bruce and Barry) also that much older may be tied in to how old DiDio is getting.
    (I can sympathize with not wanting to admit that he's getting on in years, however.)
    If he has an issue with age-why does Bruce & Clark have KIDS?

Ollie & Jeffferson lost their kids.

So did Tattoo Man & Perry White.

They could start from scratch with the Flashpoint, but I guess they don't want to lost all stories (especially profitable characters).
    Well those are the main ones getting screwed.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why create young heroes at all? Nightwing has been in his mid twenties since, what, the 80s-90s? He's not getting older. None of the heroes are once they reach a specific age.

Christ, it's stuff like this that really makes me hate his direction of the DCU.

Why not make the JL immortal since they die and come back to life anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why create young heroes at all? Nightwing has been in his mid twenties since, what, the 80s-90s? He's not getting older. None of the heroes are once they reach a specific age.

Christ, it's stuff like this that really makes me hate his direction of the DCU.
    I got one better-what message did he just send to the public????

Why would anyone bother with Bendis's Young Justice line after this?

Or any book at DC?

I'm not someone who has any personal grudge against Didio, but some of his thoughts or opinions on DC characters just boggles the mind .
    This is what SHOULD be considered bad customer service. You just told the public you don't care for the younger generation and guys like Nightwing.

How many books sales did he just screw up?

If he hates them that much-he should have done a FULL reboot to get rid of Nightwing and the rest. And eat that backlash.

He just unintentionally vindicated every fan who has had an issue with him.

Incredible Member

DiDio jokes that he hates Wally because he's tired of people asking why he hates Dick Grayson.

How are these two things connected?
    Last edited by HAN9000; 10-07-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Or launched a new line like Ultimate Marvel. Really dumb decision to reboot some parts but not others, and especially to reboot in the middle of Johns and Morrison’s Batman and GL. Those were the two most popular franchises at the time and both relied heavily on continuity. So both basically ignored the reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    DiDio jokes that he hates Wally because he's tired of people asking why he hates Dick Grayson.

How are these two things connected?
    Its a joke, most of his comments were but that part about aging was probably him being serious.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, he didn't say anything he hadn't said before or that a contingence of us hadn't said about him in these very forum for the last 10+ years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!