Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dr. Pym followed by Wasp.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

I like both Giant-Man and Ant-Man, but he's come far enough to just go by Hank Pym. It works for heroes like Jean Grey or Monica Rambeau or Emma Frost, so it can work for him, I think.

Yellowjacket was cool, too, but feels like a tarnished brand at this point. (Although I'd love for Rita deMara to come back. There should have been a team-up between Rita, Scott Lang, Cassie Lang, Bill Foster, Raz Malhotra, Jocasta, etc. but they've never all been alive at the same time.)

Skrull Hank Pym.

The only time he was ever interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    To me he’s Giant-Man.

Ant-Man is Scott Lang. Goliath is Bill Foster. Wasp is Janet van Dyne. Yellowjacket is Darren Cross.

I suppose that’s because the comics I’ve read has the heroes mentioned in these identities so it’s what I’m familiar with.

It becomes even more confusing when we include Eric O’Grady, Nadia Pym, Cassie Lang, Rita DeMara, Tom Foster & Raz Malhotra...
    Eric and Cassie both have unique names though (though Eric did start out as Ant-Man). Black Ant and Stature/Stinger. The other four are fair points though, since they're Wasp, Yellowjacket, Goliath and Giant-Man. Tom being Goliath is because Bill is dead, so that one's fair enough, isn't it? Rita's dead as well, though Hank used Yellowjacket again before Darren usurped it in movie synergy at the end of Scott's Astonishing Ant-Man solo series. And Raz took over as Giant-Man when Hank merged with Ultron. So only Wasp is actually duplicated.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-08-2018 at 05:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doctor Pym in West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Skrull Hank Pym.

The only time he was ever interesting.
    i second this one.

To me he will always be THE Giant-Man. It's the identity in which he felt the most stable, and in which he seemed the most comfortable, once they stopped playing the "particles going haywire" bit. He said so himself when he got back to the id in Avengers Academy.

I liked his time as simply Dr. Pym in West Coast Avengers, but I prefer him to have a code name, and before Spencer decided to take the suit to give to a nobody, no one had taken on the id of Giant-Man. To me, this is the only identity that hasn't been taken by anybody else. I tend to dismiss Spencer's OG since he never got blessing from Hank to take the id or the suit.

I kinda liked the YJ id, but as others have said it got tarnished by the movie and by people who don't read comics or don't bother to read older issues. On the flip side, I didn't like the cockiness he displayed as YJ, I much prefer a more stable and humble (for lack of a better word) Hank. If I had started reading comic books while Hank was YJ, I probably wouldn't have liked the character as much as I do, to be honest.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eric and Cassie both have unique names though (though Eric did start out as Ant-Man). Black Ant and Stature/Stinger. The other four are fair points though, since they're Wasp, Yellowjacket, Goliath and Giant-Man. Tom being Goliath is because Bill is dead, so that one's fair enough, isn't it? Rita's dead as well, though Hank used Yellowjacket again before Darren usurped it in movie synergy at the end of Scott's Astonishing Ant-Man solo series. And Raz took over as Giant-Man when Hank merged with Ultron. So only Wasp is actually duplicated.
    Eric was, effectively, Ant-Man. but the armor he was piloting was the G.I. Ant-Man suit. he just didn't realize that it had the other power set. he was also 'Slaying Mantis' for a short bit.

I did mention that Eric was Ant-Man. But like I said, he now has a name that belongs to nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    To me he will always be THE Giant-Man. It's the identity in which he felt the most stable, and in which he seemed the most comfortable, once they stopped playing the "particles going haywire" bit. He said so himself when he got back to the id in Avengers Academy.

I liked his time as simply Dr. Pym in West Coast Avengers, but I prefer him to have a code name, and before Spencer decided to take the suit to give to a nobody, no one had taken on the id of Giant-Man. To me, this is the only identity that hasn't been taken by anybody else. I tend to dismiss Spencer's OG since he never got blessing from Hank to take the id or the suit.
    When would he have been able to get Hank's blessing? He took the costume because Hank was believed dead (he really merged with Ultron, of course). It was given to him by Scott, though Janet wasn't happy about it. And since that's still Hank's current status quo...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yellowjacket

But I'm a fan of the nameless WCA jump-suit.

3d792c144d027c2e30b1087cc758ec21--hank-pym-ant-man.jpg

I guess Yellow Jacket because Antman or Giant man don't really fit all the things he can do, the wasp feels more appropriate for Janet or Nadia and Dr. Pym as code name probably does not get a cool super hero suit. I am for what ever name has him as the super scientist he felt like in Mighty Avengers. He should be shrinking, growing, using bio blast and pulling out a variety of weaponry, provisions, and scientific instruments that are shrunken on him.

When would he have been able to get Hank's blessing? He took the costume because Hank was believed dead (he really merged with Ultron, of course). It was given to him by Scott, though Janet wasn't happy about it. And since that's still Hank's current status quo...
    My point exactly. No blessing, no legitimacy IMO. The fact that Janet was not happy about it just says it all.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I did mention that Eric was Ant-Man. But like I said, he now has a name that belongs to nobody else.
    I know. that's what I was clarifying. the actual name of the armor was the G.I.Ant-Man.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh. G.I.Ant-Man sounds cool. They should bring that back.

Ant-Man.

It's the first identity I was introduced to him with .