Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    George Perez designed something like that

that was one of his best suits combining elements from Ant-Man and a little of the giant man suits.
    Agreed. IMO, that was one of the best looks for the character, and managed to make the most out of both of his first two identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I already have a name for this team, the Pym Patrol.
    I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Incredible Member

Yellowjacket I think, but to be honest, Goliath and Ant-Man would be ok with me too. I just want Hank back as a hero, and for everyone to just get past the infamous backhand.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    George Perez designed something like that

I must say this isn't my favorite costume for Hank. My personal preference would go for either the Goliath costume (the blue and yellow one) or his latest Giant-Man suit (my ultimate favorite).

I do love though the tiny vehicle and all the gadgets Hank keeps shrunk. In the not-so-well-liked Avengers: United They Stand animated show, one thing I liked was that Hank carried around a vehicle on his back, like a backpack. I thought it was a clever thing to have, he could hop in it as he shrunk.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member

Apparently Pérez abandoned that look for Hank next time he appeared (in favor of the yellow/blue one used during the "Avengers Forever" event) because fan reaction to that Ant-Man-style costume was negative. I really have no idea why.

Avengers Casebook 001-003.jpg

I prefer Yellow Jacket for Pym.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Dr Pym, Giant-Man and Yellowjacket are my favorite monikers for Hank Pym.

Pym is one of those heroes that doesn't really need a superhero identity. Pym was equally effective as a scientific adventurer in stuff like WCA and Beyond.

I enjoyed Giant-Man Pym because he was a little sassy.
    tumblr_nqrf6qn96X1ssxc9vo1_1280.jpg
    Last edited by chamber-music; 10-10-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Apparently Pérez abandoned that look for Hank next time he appeared (in favor of the yellow/blue one used during the "Avengers Forever" event) because fan reaction to that Ant-Man-style costume was negative. I really have no idea why.

I do. This is probably the wost costume Hank had, IMO. Personally I'm not fond of the helmet while in giant form, and the red goggles on it look weird. I know they're supposed to mimick an insect's sight, but it's honestly off-putting, probably because of the "composite eye" effect. His goggles with his Wasp suit never bothered me. The rest of the costume is fine though.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yellowjacket easily.

It has nothing to do with personality, powers, or storylines... I just always thought that was one of the coolest Marvel Costumes ever. Just looks awesome!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Huh. I'd assumed that Busiek and Perez were just taking a walk down memory lane with Hank during their time on the book, because they eventually transferred him to a Goliath costume based on the one Hawkeye wore.
    images.jpg

One of the things I liked about the Heroes Return GIAnt-Man costume was that it incorporated elements from most of Pym's looks over the years.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 10-11-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Dr. Pym, Scientific Adventurer.

He was only ever Yellowjacket because he was nuts. Its a cool uniform but one he should NEVER go back to
    as its a big old Red Flag at this point.

And his other names have been appropriated by characters that I frankly care more about (Scott Lang for one).

i preferred the west coast Dr. Pym era where he simply carried shrinkable gadgets. Unfortunately, I guess most fans hate that version, so... ah well..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i preferred the west coast Dr. Pym era where he simply carried shrinkable gadgets. Unfortunately, I guess most fans hate that version, so... ah well..
    I liked it .

Giant-Man. Because this clever play on words lets him use his mini-powerset and giant powerset.

BANNED

Gi-Ant Man..I agree Colt Cape.