Default Hypothetical: What if Jason was Robin while Cass was Batgirl at the same time?

To be clear, I don't mean the Dick-clone Jason. But the one from the streets that had the moxy to steal the wheels from the Batmobile.

Both would primarily be the same otherwise. And with this, it would be Robin II with Batgirl II. So, how do you think they would work together and interact? Both in and out of their uniforms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To be clear, I don't mean the Dick-clone Jason. But the one from the streets that had the moxy to steal the wheels from the Batmobile.

Both would primarily be the same otherwise. And with this, it would be Robin II with Batgirl II. So, how do you think they would work together and interact? Both in and out of their uniforms.
    Well, Jason won't have to worry about her talking too much.

I wanted that to be the status quo for Beware The Batman.

This just makes me wonder how Jason as Robin would've interacted with Steph as Spoiler .

Although in all seriousness I think Jason might have responded to Cass initially better then Tim did, although I also think he probably would have gotten into a situation where she would beat the tar out of him .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This just makes me wonder how Jason as Robin would've interacted with Steph as Spoiler .

Although in all seriousness I think Jason might have responded to Cass initially better then Tim did, although I also think he probably would have gotten into a situation where she would beat the tar out of him .
    He did (still does for that matter) have a mouth on him, lol. But he would also take it in stride, and learn from it too. Plus, I could see him teaching her how to read while she taught him how to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Me too. Steph and Jason actually have a similar upbringing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wow. I don't know. I find Dick, Jason, and Tim during their time as Robins are all nice guys with varying degrees of chatter. Dick is the most chatty and Tim the quietest and most focused. Even the Jason with moxy is a nice guy. So I can't imagine there to be a conflict that will lead them to butt heads, or even just some brotherly mocking. In other words, they'd be normal siblings.

I guess I'm just too used to Damian being a living embodiment of fight me emoji that the others feel really bland in comparison.

Extraordinary Member

It's imo really hard to say since Jason characterisation as Robin was really inconsistent, and I don't think that Cass like she was written in her time as Batgirl would fit into the Batman comics from Jason time as Robin.

And Cass and Tim worked iirc not that much together (at least as Batgirl and Robin), they both teamed iirc far more often up with Stephanie.

He might fall into big brother mode and help her learn how to read and do daily tasks. He might initially resent her for being better than him as a fighter but probably would get over it faster than if it was Dick or Tim.

Extraordinary Member

I think it would also depend a little on the ages.

According the pre flashpoint continuity they are roughly the same age (with Cass being actually the olderone), but Cass became Batgirl at a much higher age than Jason became Robin (she was iirc 16 and he was 11 or 12), so do you have Cass become Batgirl at a younger age or Jason Robin at an older age, or do make Cass older so that they keep their original starting ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it would also depend a little on the ages.

According the pre flashpoint continuity they are roughly the same age (with Cass being actually the olderone), but Cass became Batgirl at a much higher age than Jason became Robin (she was iirc 16 and he was 11 or 12), so do you have Cass become Batgirl at a younger age or Jason Robin at an older age, or do make Cass older so that they keep their original starting ages.
    About the same ages here (11-12 years old).