Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ooooh, what if he already knows by this point, it seems to be a flash forward compared to the 'one hour ago' diner segment after all, what if he knows and he is just saying goodbye via voicemail? Is he unaware and using the nickname too late, or is he fully aware and purposefully using it in his goodbye, I can't decide which outcome is more tragic.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I know. It's like getting kicked right in the stomach
    Or getting hit in the face with a crowbar
    Last edited by Arsenal; 10-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Ooooh, what if he already knows by this point, it seems to be a flash forward compared to the 'one hour ago' diner segment after all, what if he knows and he is just saying goodbye via voicemail? Is he unaware and using the nickname too late, or is he fully aware and purposefully using it in his goodbye, I can't decide which outcome is more tragic.
    Chances are he has no idea about Sanctuary, and he's contacting Roy because he has either found a lead or none at all and wants to check up on him. He did admit to being a louse friend in the annual by not keeping in touch with Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Also does Jason collect red hoodies or something? This one looks different from the ones in #26.
    This one was the same he wore inside the bus, I think. He's wearing his sweatpants outside the boots, too.

Damn, I didn't think about the goodbye message. That would be even more tragic for me, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    This one was the same he wore inside the bus, I think. He's wearing his sweatpants outside the boots, too.
    I just looked at #26. Didn't look the same to me. One has sleeve cuffs and a sewed on bottom part (don't know what it's called) while the other is all in one piece, with some black on the elbow (but that could be protective gear) and no string knots. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. But I like the idea that Jason hoards red hoodies. I don't think I've seen the other robins wear one thing that often. :P
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-08-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I just looked at #26. Didn't look the same to me. One has sleeve cuffs and a sewed on bottom part (don't know what it's called) while the other is all in one piece, with some black on the elbow (but that could be protective gear). Maybe I'm just nitpicking. But I like the idea that Jason hoards red hoodies. I don't think I've seen the other robins wear one thing that often. :P
    Now we know why he got that damn jacket: he has a T-800 complex!
    I don't know. Maybe Tim and formal clothing?

And the fact that he's standing under the rain making that call... Pretty indicative of the mood he's in.

I had the thought that he already knows. Otherwise why start with that scene and have a flashback?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Okay, there is no way that Jason is leaving that diner without that nice hunting knife. If he is starting to steal stuff from his defeated opponents he should not only restrict himself to old, sweaty hoodies.

If Alfred ever finds out how Jason and "Ric" behave in diners, Alfred will have a field day. He surely taught those two better manners. And Tim will probably have a little heart attack. It's already bad that Dick wasted a good cup of coffee in Nightwing #50 but Jason has to top it by throwing the whole coffee pot.

I like the atmosphere in the diner when Jason enters. The people in the background tense up and keep an eye on Jason. And when the guy starts laughing it's probably a sign for the rest to get ready to fight. They seem to know each other and to work together - at least that's my interpretation. Or maybe I'm optimistic because I don't like the idea of Jason hurting some innocent truck drivers who only got involved in the fight because they wanted to help another truck driver.

I wonder if the car at the end belongs to Bruce (the car is just arriving). What a nice welcoming scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Okay, there is no way that Jason is leaving that diner without that nice hunting knife. If he is starting to steal stuff from his defeated opponents he should not only restrict himself to old, sweaty hoodies.

If Alfred ever finds out how Jason and "Ric" behave in diners, Alfred will have a field day. He surely taught those two better manners. And Tim will probably have a little heart attack. It's already bad that Dick wasted a good cup of coffee in Nightwing #50 but Jason has to top it by throwing the whole coffee pot.

I like the atmosphere in the diner when Jason enters. The people in the background tense up and keep an eye on Jason. And when the guy starts laughing it's probably a sign for the rest to get ready to fight. They seem to know each other and to work together - at least that's my interpretation. Or maybe I'm optimistic because I don't like the idea of Jason hurting some innocent truck drivers who only got involved in the fight because they wanted to help another truck driver.

I wonder if the car at the end belongs to Bruce (the car is just arriving). What a nice welcoming scene.
    You know, I don't know much about Tim, but I think like the whole undying coffee love between Tim and Coffee is purely fanfictiony. I myself see him more like a cocoa guy. Chocolate (like this one or these other one, or even a more bitter one, going to the plus 75% mark) is good (delicious): same focus and awakening qualities, way less anxiety. Very energy efficient too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-08-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: better phrasing, some random links to off topic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    If that's the case, you don't suppose that's Bruce sneaking up and punching Jason in the previews last panel, do you?

That would be over the top and I hope Lobdell wouldn't do that.

Can't say I'm happy to see the narration boxes are back. Really hoped that Loddell wouldn't use them in this arc and keep Jason's thoughts hiden from us. Still, looking forward to this issue.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

If that's the case, you don't suppose that's Bruce sneaking up and punching Jason in the previews last panel, do you?
    No, that's probably that giant guy in the blue shirt that sits at the end of the counter when the fight starts (whose face isn't fully shown) - or the cook.
    Bruce wouldn't make any sense. The arm is too big (and hairy). And the car isn't even parked yet in the panel. So the driver is still behind the wheel.
    Last edited by Sergard; 10-08-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You know, I don't know much about Tim, but I think like the whole undying coffee love between Tim and Coffee is purely fanfictiony. I myself see him more like a cocoa guy. Chocolate (like this one or these other one, or even a more bitter one, going to the plus 75% mark) is good (delicious): same focus and awakening qualities, way less anxiety. Very energy efficient too.
    It's pure fanon.