View Poll Results: What should we name her?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • AOM New Universe

6 37.50%
  • AOM 2019

4 25.00%
  • New Age of Marvels

5 31.25%
  • AOM New Age

0 0%
  • Other (Please post suggestion on thread)

1 6.25%
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

I've always liked #0 issues for setting up background info and details to lead into the main story. Plus it'll be nice to start 2019 with #1s.
    We also have to discuss exactly when this new universe is going to begin. Is the Age of Marvels now starting on this world? Have the FF just gotten bombarded by cosmic rays? Are the X-Men still students? Etc.
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-21-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

And someone needs to write exactly how Stabbity Jones killed the former AOM timeline/universe!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've always liked #0 issues for setting up background info and details to lead into the main story. Plus it'll be nice to start 2019 with #1s.
    We also have to discuss exactly when this new universe is going to begin. Is the Age of Marvels now starting on this world? Have the FF just gotten bombarded by cosmic rays? Are the X-Men still students? Etc.
    In the 2014 reboot we said you could do a #0 if you wanted for the first month, but it wasn’t required. That makes sense to me now.

I think the new AoM starts early, but not the day after the FF got bombarded. For example, we have characters like She-Hulk who wouldn’t exist if the Hulk hasn’t been irradiated yet (probably). So I’d say it’s early in the universe, but not too early. But if you wanted the X-Men to be students, they could be.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

That is my feeling as well.
    This new AOM will start in the very early stages, at least as far as Public awareness, of a super hero age.

The plotters will have a lot of say to how much Marvel’s status quo of backstory/origins go in to their characters or how much new and original backstory is put in place to build this new universe.

We also need to consider that not all characters are here in this AOM universe at this time so that may alter a characters origin.

WAIT

We’re allowed/encouraged to retcon/reboot?

I guess it would make sense as a way of giving background info and details to lead into the main story as you said.

As for the time frame, because we are using characters from all of Marvel's 80+ history, from the start in the 30's to the 2010's, it would be weird to introduce all of our characters into a small time frame. It did not work well with the New 52 and I am not sure it would work well here.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

It's past 12 midnight EST, so I am going to fill in the rest of the spots for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Title: THE ASTONISHING ANT-MAN & WASP
    Plotter: Deku
    Writer: Christos Gage
    Artist: Dan Mora
    Concept: Hank and Nadia Pym, a father and Daughter Superhero team.
    Starring:
    1. Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
    2. Wasp (Nadia Pym)
    Supporting: Singularity, Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Edwin Jarvis
    Antagonists: Shocker, Jackal, Rhino, Egghead, Whirlwind, Leader, Living Eraser
    Last edited by KC; 10-22-2018 at 05:08 AM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Hmm... Lemme think on that.
    Thought on it... Silver Samurai? Lady Deathstrike?

Also came across a name that would replace Rogue perfectly. Can I sub in Copycat (Vanessa Carlysle) as Gambit's partner instead of the whole Thieves Guild?
    You can sub in Copycat but would need to drop a character

Without revealing too much, but still putting it out there in case any of these setups effect others...
    These are some of my plans:

Nick Fury is on leave from SHIELD. SHIELD has replaced him with a LMD, Nick Fury II or some other qualified person.
    And his leave wasn't pleasant. He's not being hunted or anything, but he has no interest in returning anytime soon.

Wonder Man has never been a superhero and he has no superstrength or powers.
    He has a new look and different abilities, inspired by Woodrow McCord:

His equipment is as follows:

Laser Pistol, Body Armor, Jet Pack, Goggles (gives multiple vision and hearing abilities, each must be activated by pressing a sensor on side of goggles and only one can be active at a time).

He's more or less a modern day Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon/Adam Strange with some scientific gadgeteering skills.

Silver Sable is currently a US citizen.

The Ancient One is dead.

Dr. Strange and Clea are married.

Andromeda is exiled from Atlantis.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-22-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    You can sub in Copycat but would need to drop a character
    Nah. Decided against it.
    I will, however, drop Gambit altogether to add X-23 as a star and shift Wolverine to a supporting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The AOM New Universe (AOMNU?) FF are going to be different enough so that their origin could be contemporary to others, but my preference would be to have origin stories which are in the past where we can start with experienced heroes and defined relationships for issue one.

And as for the Invisible Woman, her name is Sue Storm. If she is married, she's keeping her maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The AOM New Universe (AOMNU?) FF are going to be different enough so that their origin could be contemporary to others, but my preference would be to have origin stories which are in the past where we can start with experienced heroes and defined relationships for issue one.
    That works. It’s contemporary and current but you don’t have to start completely from scratch.
    I think that’s the way to go, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    WAIT

We’re allowed/encouraged to retcon/reboot?
    Yes. It’s an alternate universe. You’re not beholden to the main Marvel continuity.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Nah. Decided against it.
    I will, however, drop Gambit altogether to add X-23 as a star and shift Wolverine to a supporting character.
    You got it