Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just one in a long list of worthless world leaders that did nothing to avert the climate change disaster.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Our major cities are less than a 10% growth boom away from rendering the electoral college moot.

US population will have a new majority race by the time Baron can be POTUS.

I really do think we're seeing the death throes of white conservative America.

Probably the GOP, too.
    Exactly.

In the last 30 years only one Republican President has won the popular vote and that was George W and that was in the midst of a war (and very complicated time for the country). The changing demographic of the country just doesn’t favor traditional conservatism. Trump is the just last gasp of a dying philosophy (although I would argue that Trump isn’t a traditional conservative).

It’s literally getting harder for traditional conservatives to get majority of the votes in the country.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-08-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m sure future historians will look back at this period in history and ask one pertinent question:

“What the **** were people thinking when they elected that moron president?”
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm hoping that historians will be 100% truthful, and note that he was one of the most divisive and ineffective presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Worst human to ever sit in the Oval Office.
    When Georgie "Pretzel" Bush was in office i genuinely thought that the bottom was finally reached, that it was impossible to see a even more inapt man be president of the US of A.

How naive i was. How naive indeed.

More corrupt than Grant.

More of a populist than Jackson.

More of a liar than Nixon.

Less knowledgable than Reagan in his second term.

From what I can see, the USA is in a similar situation as Germany in 1933, where the already strained democratic institutions now have fallen under the control of a fascist party.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Not so confident there'll be people left who can look back.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Boisterously Confused

As a symptom of an inflection point. Things are about to get dramatic. One way or another.

Astonishing Member

What makes you think there'll be anyone left to look back on it?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Worst human to ever sit in the Oval Office.
    I consider George W. Bush to be worse. He in a lot of ways started this neo conservative paradigm we are in now. Although we as Americans have suffered through a slew of terrible presidents ever since Lyndon Johnson, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

More of a populist than Jackson.
    What's wrong with populism? It can definitely be abused, sure, but it is fundamentally good for the political rulers of a country to have the best interests of the majority of the populace rather than a select amount of oligarchs, which is essentially what populism is.

Also Trump in my view, is somewhat of a fake populist. He boasts about protecting the working class and America as a sovereign nation, but he really is someone who is in the pockets of corporations, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I consider George W. Bush to be worse. He in a lot of ways started this neo conservative paradigm we are in now. Although we as Americans have suffered through a slew of terrible presidents ever since Lyndon Johnson, in my opinion.
    Yeah, in my mind W is the worst president by far. No matter how much people try to reform his image I'll always think of him as the guy that was given the absolute trust of the country and the world, then proceeded to betray it all.

This particular "What If" assumes that folks taking a stab at the predictions can actually have any degree of insight into just who "Americans" will be in the future.

That's always a sucker's bet.

A few days back I saw Alyssa Milano say that all of the accusations against former President Clinton should have been investigated.

Who would have put money down on that being how people at the time thought the future would view his Presidency?

Oh, I'm sure they'll consider him "not so bad" when the next literally Hitler gets elected.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Dubya caused more harm to the world, in the form of massive casualtie from his two wars. His assassination of Sadaam Huissein also lead to the rise of Isis, so all those subsequent corpses can be laid at his feet too.

Trump is the guy who'll be remembered for defunding obamacare, turning America into an Ogliarchy, destroying public assistance/the environment/our international prestige/women's reproductive rights, the disaster in Puerto Rico, and ruining Medicaid. I guess "America first" means making sure that American citizens suffer first and foremost.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."