Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Unemployment is the lowest rate in 50 years. Crime rates are the lowest in 50 years. Inflation is not a problem. We are talking peace with North Korea. ISIS is defeated. We are going back to the Moon and then we are going to Mars. My salary is increasing. The town I live in is the best I have ever seen it. Lost manufacturing jobs are returning to the country. I like the way things are.
    We've been talking to North Korea for decades and it never worked. They're still increasing their nuclear arsenal. Trump got played.

How do you like that huge deficit we have due to those tax cuts, about 4 trillion dollars worth? The piper has to be paid sometime on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    We've been talking to North Korea for decades and it never worked. They're still increasing their nuclear arsenal. Trump got played.

How do you like that huge deficit we have due to those tax cuts, about 4 trillion dollars worth? The piper has to be paid sometime on that.
    I got tax cuts too, technically. However, they are too small for me to notice, and due to how they were designed, I will be seeing a tax increase every year for a while, passing into higher taxes than where I started in a couple of years.

Unemployment and crime haved been trending down for years, so Trump claiming credit for that is an exaggeration at beat, with Trump managing to not mess it up. Yet.

Plus, his tarriffs threaten my job, which at least partly is support of the automotive industry.

We are being tricked on North Korea, and cozying up to dictators while pushing democracies away.

He can't go away fast enough.

Astonishing Member

Same old GOP strategy; taking credit for someone else's work.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Clintons and Obama also did taking credit for someone else's work
    Obama inherited a huge mess, actually.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Hey, at least he made the most of it. He took the wire tapping and drone striking and went whole hog with it. Showed those limp wristed Republicans how its really done.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    Hey, at least he made the most of it. He took the wire tapping and drone striking and went whole hog with it. Showed those limp wristed Republicans how its really done.
    Actually, the drone bombing under Obama was much more restrained than it has been under Trump. Civilian deaths are way up. Can you all just stop lying about Obama, please?

https://www.axios.com/trump-drone-st...cda71b344.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...o-kill-targets

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...icas-drone-war
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Could you explain that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Which he did his absolute best to fix despite little actual help and a whole lot of obstruction from the GOP.
    But let's just ignore that in favor of praise for Trump who's done his best to burn down everything which Obama built.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

And now it's moved to targeting Obama in a Trump Presidency thread . . . is there an actual non-political reason that any criticism of Trump draws criticism of unrelated people, concepts, and things to distract from it?

E: Oh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Could you explain that.
    I would like that explained too.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I think that the general consensus is going to be "how in hell did that happen?".
    We'll probably know the how. The whole reality TV/social media culture will be blamed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think in the when it is all over Trump will write a book about his time as president and admit he never wanted to be president in the first place. It was all a PR stunt that got totally out of hand and by the time he realized he might actually have to be president he was just in too deep for his ego to let him drop out. He had no desire to be president.

Boisterously Confused

To me, the troubling part is that - as so often happens in history - we'll look at the celebrities and not the cause. Trump is a symptom of something wrong within us, not the source of the evils (although I'll admit that he's a symptom that's making things much worse).

Removing the man can't hurt, and we need to get to that as fast as possible, but it's not fixing the problem.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think in the when it is all over Trump will write a book about his time as president and admit he never wanted to be president in the first place. It was all a PR stunt that got totally out of hand and by the time he realized he might actually have to be president he was just in too deep for his ego to let him drop out. He had no desire to be president.
    IMO, that is entirely too close to admitting fault for Trump to ever even consider it.

All the Clintons’ successes can be credited to men and women of character like Leon Panetta, Nancy Hernreich, and Betty Currie. The Clintons’ failures all point to themselves.

Obama took all the credit for his subordinates' work in locating and killing Osama Bin Laden.
    You really don't understand how it works, and what the President does.

You also might want to read what Obama actually said.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...bin-laden-dead
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-13-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Don’t you mean Trump will have a book written for him? That moron couldn’t craft one whole paragraph on his own, never mind a book. And in my opinion, Trump’s ego won’t allow him to admit, not even in private, that he never wanted to be president, he’ll lie out his orange ass (to a ghost writer) that it was all part of a great and glorious master plan to shock the world and win the election. That’s his story, one he’ll take to his grave.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!