Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    To answer the thread original question.

The fck was they thinking electing that guy.
    "But HER EMAILS!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I don't like Donald Trump. I think his economic policies range from mediocre to truly horrendous, he appears to be deeply incompetent in many regards, and quite frankly I consider him to be an embarrassment.

However, I think that his percieved shaking up of the political establishment and status quo might make him be considered as one of the greatest presidents in US history. Would this be warranted in my opinion? No. Despite his claims, I think Trump is very much an establishmentarian. In spite of this, I suspect that future generations will look at the impact and uproar Trump has caused culturally and regard at the very least his sentiments, as a positive thing.

Any way, enough of my predictions for the future. How do you think Trump's presidency will be regarded retrospectively? Do you think he will be seen as one of the worst presidents of all time? The best? A mediocrity? Once again, this has nothing to do with how good you consider his presidency to be, this thread simply has to do with how so you think people will think of him in the future.

Finally, please be polite.
    Badly. Very, very badly. The worst POTUS post-WWII is going to be his ceiling. The guy who snuffed out American Democracy isn't the floor. The floor will probably be determined by how jumping off the Paris accords and rolling back what environmental regulations we had affected the rest of the planet. While he can't take full blame for everything associated with climate change, he can take full blame for destroying the last chance to mitigate it.

after he's done with the presidency, he'll start his media empire. the next generation will be so flooded with propaganda that Trump's face will be added to Mount Rushmore.

future generations will never understand how a man who lived in a solid gold new york high-rise convinced middle america he was their champion. hell, i don't understand it and i'm living it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    future generations will never understand how a man who lived in a solid gold new york high-rise convinced middle america he was their champion. hell, i don't understand it and i'm living it.
    It's called populism.

It's been around awhile and has rarely ended well.

We'd all do well to read a history book or seven before we vote every year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    To answer the thread original question.

The fck was they thinking electing that guy.
    The most questionable Presidential election in our Lifetime. Including GW Bush. I don't see him as legitimate.

Remember, most Americans wanted and voted for Hillary. If the Electoral College had done the job it was created for, he wouldn't be in office.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The most questionable Presidential election in our Lifetime. Including GW Bush. I don't see him as legitimate.

Remember, most Americans wanted and voted for Hillary. If the Electoral College had done the job it was created for, he wouldn't be in office.
    Politely, this is some hot garbage.

HRC was on about how Trump shouldn't be working to undermine the American electoral results if it didn't break his way.

When the reality was the opposite, she tried to lay out a scenario where she actually won.

The popular vote is not the means by which a United States Presidential election is decided. End of discussion.

That a person even has to state that fact in the year 2018 is depressing.

If anything, people in the future will probably look back and wonder how The Democratic Party managed to screw that simple math up twice in less than fifty years.

Never mind that they couldn't see that the year in question had "Change" scrawled across it in gigantic red letters.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-09-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Read what the Founders wrote about the Electoral College and get back to us.

Maybe minus your Clinton hate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Read what the Founders wrote about the Electoral College and get back to us.

Maybe minus your Clinton hate.
    The founders view of what it should have been is a non-issue in this instance.

The reality was either that our current system is flawed and results flawed along with it for as long as there has been an Electoral College or that it is what HRC said when she believed she had a win wrapped up.

You don't get to have both depending on when it suits your needs.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The founders view of what it should have been is a non-issue in this instance.

The reality was either that our current system is flawed and results flawed along with it for as long as there has been an Electoral College or that it is what HRC said when she believed she had a win wrapped up.
    ****, Trump thought Hillary had that win wrapped up. He was just as surprised as everyone else. He was already whining about how she had “stolen” the election from him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If anything, people in the future will probably look back and wonder how The Democratic Party managed to screw that simple math up twice in less than fifty years.

Never mind that they couldn't see that the year in question had "Change" scrawled across it in gigantic red letters.
    True that with someone as divisive as Trump as the Republican candidate, all the Democrats had to do was run someone who was not so divisive and who at least appeared to be a moderate leaning slightly left and they would have won. Also, sadly, Trump was smart in knowing what the concerns of most people were while the Democrats seemed focused on issues that most people could care less about. And yes, he promised everything under the sun and lots of things that pandered to fear and resentment and bigotry in ways that people often don't even recognize as such, but it worked.

Was Hillary Clinton overwhelmingly more qualified for the job? Of course. Does she understand economics way better than he does? That's not a difficult task. But people dislike her for reasons both legitimate and based at the core in sexism and the Democrats knew that and threw away a potentially easy win.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Republicans will never sit a president who wins the popular vote again. I'm absolutely sure of that.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The Republicans will never sit a president who wins the popular vote again. I'm absolutely sure of that.
    With all the things that the GOP stands for today, one would hope not. Or else this country will go down a darker path in the future.

What do you think the books that come out from staffers who have no reason to lie in the future, and can make a quick buck on them are going to say? And even if someone wants to defend policies like locking children in cages, like Stephen Miller... how the hell would history remember that well?

Based on the books being written about his presidency that have already come out... it's already being remembered as a farce. There are so many "new lows" that are achieved, and we've probably not seen the lowest yet.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.