Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Moving away from Racial stuff (make a thread guys) I present to you one of the worst DC costumes imo.

images.jpg

Briefs, boots, a sash, an oversized collar and a cape attatched to his bracers.

Speaking of almost-naked guys... B'Wana Beast!
    1833401-maxwell_djuba_2.jpg

Edit: posting this instead as it's the closest to a Gypsy appreciation thread-
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ighlight=Gypsy

Last edited by Güicho; 10-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Sinestro's original costume is straight up a clown outfit, and it's awful. The modernized version in the current Justice League series looks OK, I guess, but there was a reason that the yellow armor stuck around for so long when he finally got it.

Silver_age_sinestro.jpg
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Moving away from Racial stuff (make a thread guys) I present to you one of the worst DC costumes imo.

images.jpg

Briefs, boots, a sash, an oversized collar and a cape attatched to his bracers.
    It's a Quality Comics costume--Black Condor's--DC simply acquired it. But it was made by the master, Lou Fine--and it dsplays his talent with a brush. Since Fine was so good at capturing the human form, he seemed to dislike putting clothes on his heroes--and the costumes they wore seemed to be made of gossamer.

I wonder if there needs to be a special category for costumes and designs that only one artist could do well--because it played to his or her strengths--but no one else should attempt it.

I never really liked the design of Doomsday--and one of the things about it that bugged me was any artist who had to draw Doomsday would have had to copy the design with precision--it's not an easy look to simplify. Which means pencillers and inkers had to sit hunched over their boards for hours trying to correctly delineate that monster.

If you ask me, it hardly seemed worth the effort.

As Jon Bogdanove and Bob McLeod were the first ones to do Doomsday in a comic book, I wonder if they're the ones to blame. If I was a Superman artist and I got stuck with that design, I'd be tempted to bop the creator in the face.

Also, while potentially controversial, I tend to think that Lex Luthor's green and purple power armors look pretty bad and way beneath him as a character.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Spectacular Member

Animal Man in New 52. I miss the orange one and the blue jacket.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    Animal Man in New 52. I miss the orange one and the blue jacket.
    If you had not told me that was A-Man, I would never have known.

I always wondered about his original outfit--which had fish-scales or chainmail, depending what you think--much like Aquaman's orange shirt.

What was up with that? Capt. America, Robin, Metamorpho, Capt. Atom--they all tried this look.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Speaking of almost-naked guys... B'Wana Beast!
    1833401-maxwell_djuba_2.jpg

Doesnt he mostly hang around in African jungles? Like Dc are trying to hit the 'Superhero Tarzan' button. Whereas Black Condor immediately goes to a modern city.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Blasphemy!

Hah it is an odd costume, but that’s kinda the point of the character.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Who thought this was a good idea? Some artist should really just stick to drawing and not making their own costumes. Simply terrible and way too much going on. Her prevoius costume wasn't exciting and boring but I would rather go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Blasphemy!

Hah it is an odd costume, but that’s kinda the point of the character.
    yep, the costume is indeed creepy...

...borderline hideous imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's a Quality Comics costume--Black Condor's--DC simply acquired it. But it was made by the master, Lou Fine--and it dsplays his talent with a brush. Since Fine was so good at capturing the human form, he seemed to dislike putting clothes on his heroes--and the costumes they wore seemed to be made of gossamer.

I wonder if there needs to be a special category for costumes and designs that only one artist could do well--because it played to his or her strengths--but no one else should attempt it.

I never really liked the design of Doomsday--and one of the things about it that bugged me was any artist who had to draw Doomsday would have had to copy the design with precision--it's not an easy look to simplify. Which means pencillers and inkers had to sit hunched over their boards for hours trying to correctly delineate that monster.

If you ask me, it hardly seemed worth the effort.

As Jon Bogdanove and Bob McLeod were the first ones to do Doomsday in a comic book, I wonder if they're the ones to blame. If I was a Superman artist and I got stuck with that design, I'd be tempted to bop the creator in the face.
    There's a lot of designs by Kirby and Perez, to name two, that only look good by them.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Many of the costumes posted on this thread are not really bad, but 1) it wasn't the one you grew up with, 2) you hate the character wearing it and therefore the outfit 2) it shows too much skin for your personal tastes, or 3) it doesn't show enough skin for your personal tastes. Having said that, Perez's Jericho was godawful then and still is today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?