Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Oh, lawdy . . . I can see it now: "Her power is a SONG within her!" Claremont will haunt me forever.
    Oh yeah. A "Jean Gray-ified" Bette would just be the worst. But it'd be a fun train wreck to watch.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

man I want steph back, both dick and steph are isolated form everyone but steph is in limbo because she doesn't have a home and dick has a home but can't keep a decent cast for more that 5 mins.

I had a different idea or theory on Bette and the actual Kryptonian God.

First, a non panel appearance from early 2000s, when Supes and Lois played the roles of NW/FB in Kandor (citation eludes me at the moment) indicates that Superman told both a younger Dick and Bette of the legend.

Going back further, to the Silver Age and Bette/y's only canonical appearances at "Bat-girl", there is the story of the Prisoners of Three Worlds, which Morrison has also revisited, to explain some of Batman's more odd adventures from that time period (and Prisoners is def one of them). In the story duo crisis affects the Bat family with Batman and Batwoman possibly fearing their own deaths (Bruce tells Kathy he really loves her), and Robin and Bat-girl's "energy forms" are moved to another world. Eventually these things are reversed.

But what if Robin or Bette, as younger persons, were more affected by the strange technology?

Wouldn't Batman consider consulting with Superman, Earth's Highest Profile Alien, who also has his own technology in the Fortress of Solitude?

So in my theory or take, Bruce and Kathy take Dick and Bette to meet Supes, who assists with an additional treatment or scan, to insure the alien rays, drugs etc are out of their systems.

In the Fortress, Superman recounted the legends of the Kryptonian Bird/Gods, and perhaps they saw the statues or other indicators, and these impressions resided in their subconscious until

years later, first Dick and eventually Bette remembered and decided to use the names.

You could jazz it up with Superman using Super-Hypnosis or something to aid in the cure, also further bonding the NW/FB elements into the young heroes psyches.

Oh, well, it's a thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    man I want steph back, both dick and steph are isolated form everyone but steph is in limbo because she doesn't have a home and dick has a home but can't keep a decent cast for more that 5 mins.
    I wouldn't mind it if DC actually carried through with that brief (brief brief) notion it had of Dick mentoring younger heroes. Can't remember if they ever even implemented it.

Stephanie and Dick could definitely be a great duo. Especially because Steph steps up and clashes with Bruce so often. And in Eternal they were pretty fun together. And of course we know Steph, Damian and Dick have great interactions. While I've lost hope to see Slade in any Nightwing comic in the next years, I could definitely see the duos face off.

In the current climate I am just not sure that writers would npt just neglect Dick in favour of Damian if they had a team-up book. But it would open the gate for some Jon and Dick interaction.